The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Has anybody received their application for accommodation yet?

Hiya guys,

Pretty self explanatory question really, as it says in the title!
I know it's supposed to be between May - June that they email us about applying for accommodation, just curious as to whether anyone has heard anything yet? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

no I haven't! Im really anxious, just want to get it all sorted!

what course are you doing?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by sophiegoodchild
no I haven't! Im really anxious, just want to get it all sorted!

what course are you doing?

Me too! Living so far away from Kingston, i really want to get it sorted asap so i know i have somewhere to go in September!!
I'll be doing Primary Education, you? :smile:
no me neither.

HAve you heard about applying for scholarships?
Original post by takeariskkiss
no me neither.

HAve you heard about applying for scholarships?

Yeah, i've joined the Compact Scheme, which means i can apply for the Kingston Scholarship..I think we get automatically entered in for a scholarship based on our student finance information :smile:
Once you get your letter, make sure you sort out accomodation as soon as possible. Everyone expects to get into halls but many end up having to find housing somewhere else at the last minute. Student accomodation is a real problem in Kingston. Good luck!
Reply 6
Student Accomodation is a huge problem at Kingston.

I'm a first year in halls.
I got rejected for halls (despite being in specific criteria of over 19 miles or something) at first.

I remember loads of people did.
People from Manchester to even Ireland didn't get halls.

If you do get rejected, ring up, and if they tell you no, ask to be placed on the waiting list.
Emailing them is a waste of time, they just send you emails on private housing and stuff.

I managed to get a room, on the day on enrollment.
Literally, while waiting in the queue, they gave me a ring on my phone and said they had a room available.

Crazy stuff.
(edited 11 years ago)
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/halls-of-residence/how-to-apply/

read there.

I know that privately at the moment, there aren't many private houses and there are some 1st years struggling, there will be a wave again at about the time when all freshers have been made offers for private. I know a few of the estate agents.
does anyone know when we can start applying for accommodation?!

it's well late, I'm doing Fine Art, anyone else?
Apparently, all art and design students are in the same halls- clayton or seething wells.

Can anyone help/ knows when the date is to apply?!
Original post by sophiegoodchild
does anyone know when we can start applying for accommodation?!

it's well late, I'm doing Fine Art, anyone else?
Apparently, all art and design students are in the same halls- clayton or seething wells.

Can anyone help/ knows when the date is to apply?!

see link in my previous post. From what I remember when speaking to accomodation a few years ago, we used to rent a few properties out in Kingston, for halls the date doesn't matter as long as you apply by the closing date.
I saw on twitter that they were sending out the accommodation letters this week... it's been three days adn I've had nothing yet.
I received my accommodation email today & have just chosen my 3 preferences and sent off my application, fingers crossed!! :biggrin:
Reply 12
How're some people getting them and others aren't? This is really frustrating! Plus I'm like 300 miles away from the place so I'd rather not have the hassle of looking for private accomodation for my first year. :frown:
Original post by KawaKawa
How're some people getting them and others aren't? This is really frustrating! Plus I'm like 300 miles away from the place so I'd rather not have the hassle of looking for private accomodation for my first year. :frown:

could just be post?

if you don't get in to halls, prepared to pay a bit for private.
Reply 14
Original post by clareramos
could just be post?

if you don't get in to halls, prepared to pay a bit for private.

Ugh, still nothing as of today :frown:
Original post by KawaKawa
Ugh, still nothing as of today :frown:

It should be an email they send you, not a letter in the post. Make sure it hasn't gone into your Junk email folder, i'm sure it'll be with you in no time :smile:
I'm miles away too, so would hate to have to look for private too!
Reply 16
Yh i got a email on thursday 2.
Reply 17
Original post by sophielouise10
I received my accommodation email today & have just chosen my 3 preferences and sent off my application, fingers crossed!! :biggrin:

What choices did you go for ?
Reply 18
Original post by sophielouise10
It should be an email they send you, not a letter in the post. Make sure it hasn't gone into your Junk email folder, i'm sure it'll be with you in no time :smile:
I'm miles away too, so would hate to have to look for private too!

Nope tried checking all my email folders and they defo have the right email address, really annoyed now >_<
Original post by AkzJ
What choices did you go for ?

1: Kingston Hill en suite
2: Kingston Hill superior en suite
3: en suite, so that could be either seethings wells or clayhill!

What about you?

Quick Reply