The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMed
Starting to get things how I want them. Still some tweaking to do, but I just got the lamps the other day and got the monitor elevated a little on a shelf. I got some cable management stuff now to hide all those visible cables. I'll get another image up when I've got that done and also a little set of under desk drawers.

Please excuse the terrible wallpaper.

I frickin love your desk!!!! where did you ge the desk itself ?
Reply 841
Original post by confused dot com
Can I ask where you got that letter tray :colondollar:

Ikea. I put blutack on each leg base to keep it from sliding around. I originally got one from Stables, but it was rattly and really annoying, only 2 trays and cost £10. This is pretty solid, has 3 trays and was about £5 I think. :smile:
Reply 842
Original post by beaver_tron
I frickin love your desk!!!! where did you ge the desk itself ?

I got it for free from an office that was downsizing. It's ridiculously sturdy for a 'floating' style desk. I weigh 85kg and can sit on the end and it barely dips down 1-2cm. Very solid. It was originally sold for £5, but it was listed as 180cm wide. Turns out it was 160cm so he just gave it to me, and through in a smaller 100cm wide one that I stuck next to it for a total of 260cm of desk. :biggrin:
Reply 843
Good thread :smile:

Here's mine. It's a bit chaotic.
bad quality photo but here is my desk. It's a mess as usual :tongue:
The Krispy Kreme's aren't mine btw! :wink:
WP_000512.jpg
Reply 845
Here's mine, looking exceptionally tidy lol

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1338748807.636621.jpg

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
bad quality photo but here is my desk. It's a mess as usual :tongue:
The Krispy Kreme's aren't mine btw! :wink:
WP_000512.jpg

lol love the dog wallpaper :biggrin:

Original post by SMed
I got it for free from an office that was downsizing. It's ridiculously sturdy for a 'floating' style desk. I weigh 85kg and can sit on the end and it barely dips down 1-2cm. Very solid. It was originally sold for £5, but it was listed as 180cm wide. Turns out it was 160cm so he just gave it to me, and through in a smaller 100cm wide one that I stuck next to it for a total of 260cm of desk. :biggrin:

aww man Im going to keep an eye out now, I love it, and its also an amzing deal you got there, A 2.5m desk sounds like the desk i want, i could actually get some serious revision done on that bad boy :smile:
Reply 848
Original post by beaver_tron
aww man Im going to keep an eye out now, I love it, and its also an amzing deal you got there, A 2.5m desk sounds like the desk i want, i could actually get some serious revision done on that bad boy :smile:

Keep an eye out in the commercial office furniture section on ebay. There are always offices closing down and they often practically give the stuff away. There are also used office furniture dealers that are also fairly cheap, but it's better to find it from the offices first.
4.JPG

fully modular
Yeah... This is mine.mini-desk.jpg
Exams...

Reply 852
Final uni house desk.

Original post by dhr90
Final uni house desk.

You are watching the television programme that shows a bedroom with a desk in it... Desk Inception!
Reply 854
Original post by danlocke
Here's mine, looking exceptionally tidy lol

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1338748807.636621.jpg

what type of juice did you have?
Reply 855
Original post by Kevin J
what type of juice did you have?

Rubicon mango :smile:

Reply 856
Original post by danlocke
Rubicon mango :smile:

nice.
Original post by C4OShea

Season finale - best sport in the world

Urgh, you leave the plastic on. :puke:
Reply 858
Original post by whyumadtho
Urgh, you leave the plastic on. :puke:

The wife and I around about to move to a new place; hence the crap table. Thought i'd wait until I was fully set.
Reply 859
Finally got some much needed office furniture. Got a small chest of drawers for under the desk where I can finally throw in all my stationary and nerd junk. Also put up that bookcase today to get rid of the stacks of books and piles of stuff sitting on the floor in the corner.

Got the Virgin V+ HD box on top of the drawers under the desk to the right, connected to the monitor, with audio running through the PC's sound card.

Also got a subwoofer under the desk now, much needed for games and films/tv.

It's mostly done now.

Quick Reply