The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I flirt with my best friend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
Was that supposed to be a double negative or not? I'm slightly confused by what you're asking considering the context.

No; I was suggesting that you seem quite pleased by the idea that he finds you hot?
Reply 81
Original post by Josh93
No; I was suggesting that you seem quite pleased by the idea that he finds you hot?

Oh, well from my comment, I didn't mean to make it sound that way, but of course I'm flattered, because let's face it; who wouldn't be? :')
Reply 82
Oh, well from my comment, I didn't mean to make it sound that way, but of course I'm flattered, because let's face it; who wouldn't be? :')

I guess that's true :rolleyes:
Reply 83
Original post by Callum828
It is possible, if, to be blunt, the guy thinks the girl is ugly.

If he thinks she's hot, then you're gonna have a bad time.

To be honest, I really don't think it works out unless the guy thinks the girl is ugly, or if he's gay, or he gets feelings for her and she just accepts that. Either way, in most normal situations I don't think the 'just friends' thing lasts for too long.
Guys don't pay attention to girls they aren't interested in.

The sooner girls realise this the better.
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Guys don't pay attention to girls they aren't interested in.

The sooner girls realise this the better.

This. tada-will-smith-rage-face.png
OK - I've read through this whole thread and while it's clearly too late to give advice to the OP, there is something I want to say.

I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl. We've been friends since about Feb. To be honest we regularly flirt and give each lots of attention ahead of other people but neither of us are interested in the other. We've both made this clear to each and to everyone who says we should date. And to top it off - halfway through our friendship I developed feelings for a different girl.

My point is that just because there's a boy whose friends with you - it doesn't mean that they want to get in your pants. Some do yeah I won't lie but there are those of us are perfectly happy being friends.
OK - I've read through this whole thread and while it's clearly too late to give advice to the OP, there is something I want to say.

I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl. We've been friends since about Feb. To be honest we regularly flirt and give each lots of attention ahead of other people but neither of us are interested in the other. We've both made this clear to each and to everyone who says we should date. And to top it off - halfway through our friendship I developed feelings for a different girl.

My point is that just because there's a boy whose friends with you - it doesn't mean that they want to get in your pants. Some do yeah I won't lie but there are those of us are perfectly happy being friends.

Do you think she's hot?
My best friend and I are, well, best friends. Neither of us feel anything more for the other, and we both like other people, however, we flirt quite a lot and tell each other we love each other (in a friend-type way). It's just that I'm a girl and he's a boy, and while I wouldn't even think about it with my friends who are girls, is this weird?

As long as neither of you have a bf/gf then I don't see anything wrong with it :h:.
Reply 89
Original post by anonymous
ok - i've read through this whole thread and while it's clearly too late to give advice to the op, there is something i want to say.

I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl. We've been friends since about feb. To be honest we regularly flirt and give each lots of attention ahead of other people but neither of us are interested in the other. We've both made this clear to each and to everyone who says we should date. And to top it off - halfway through our friendship i developed feelings for a different girl.

My point is that just because there's a boy whose friends with you - it doesn't mean that they want to get in your pants. Some do yeah i won't lie but there are those of us are perfectly happy being friends.

thank you!
Reply 90
Original post by SunderX
Well, what are you going to do about it?

The ball is in your court. He's already made his move.

I actually spoke to him about it and he doesn't want to go out with me at the moment, so yeah :smile:
Reply 91
I did this with my male best friend. I convinced myself that there was nothing to it, even though we basically acted like a couple and anyone who met us (justifiably) thought we were, and said everything you're saying now to people who told me it was more than friendship. Eventually I realised that there's no point in pretending anymore, and now we've been together for over a year. :smile: If it were really this platonic, you wouldn't be questioning it. Obviously I don't know you or your friend, but just think about it once without denying anything to yourself :smile:
Reply 92
You were totally right :frown: I was talking to him about it yesterday and he said if he saw me more, he probably would've asked me out by now. I just feel so bad and now I don't know what to do! He's my best friend, and I don't want to lose that, yet I don't want to hurt him! :frown:

Oh. Okay, now it's creepy how much you sound like me!

You may want to PM me :tongue:
Interesting thread.
Do you want something to be wrong with you flirting with your best friend?
Does it really matter?
Is there an answer you want me to give you OP?

I think secretly you want us to say something along the lines of- "Omg, he totally likes you!!!!" :handkiss:. Which of course we wouldn't actually know..

Anyway, I don't know, if it is bad that you flirt with your best friend. I swear friends can flirt with their friends without it meaning anything. I think :tongue:
Reply 94
If neither of you have a partner, or if you do and your partner doesn't mind, then no it doesn't matter.

But it could mean you both don't mind taking it further! :P
Reply 95
one of my best friend is a girl and we do flirt with each other at times.

but thats only because ive a crush on two other girls in uni and they're way outta my league :biggrin: plus my friend wont help me :frown:
Reply 96
its pretty normal happens to most opposite sex best friends i know. But its not a really good idea to "take it to the next level" cos if you break up that will weird out your friendship.
Original post by besarlalluvia
Reminds me of Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na :')

...Maane Tu...Ya Maane na.....
Original post by Kittythecat
...Maane Tu...Ya Maane na.....

??
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
He is obviously dying inside and wants you, when he says he loves you he really means it. When he says he likes other girls he's lying. He knows he's been friendzoned and being friends is the only way to maintain a relationship with you. Simple broscience really.

There's something about this line that just made me :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending