The Student Room Group

Stores that sell small shoe sizes

I'm a UK size 2 in shoes and it is a NIGHTMARE to find shoes that fit because most stores only stock size 3 and up.

Being a small size also means that my shoes often cost more than it would if I were a size 3 or 4. Some of the online stores I've found cost £100+ and I think it's really unfair that I should have to pay triple the price for having smaller feet :frown:
I'm not comfortable with buying online anyway because shoes have to fit perfectly so I like to try it on beforehand because every shoe in every shop always fits differently.

So does anyone know any shops in London that sell smaller sizes? The only store I've ever seen that sells small sizes is Barratts and I bought black heels from there that fit really well. It was a miracle that I even found it! But many Barratts stores closed down and moved to online sales :mad:

I've tried childrens shoe stores but obviously the style isn't very good.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Clarks do, I believe. Your best bet is probably shops which sell only shoes, not high street stores.
River Island's Kids section has nice pumps, which just seem like mini versions of their adult line.
New Look's teen section has more grown up looking shoes, including Chelsea boots with a small heel.

Hope that helps.
My friend was a size 2 and she always used to buy kids shoes, maybe that could be an option for you. They never looked too bad and it wasn't even noticeable. I have the opposite problem, my feet are huge (count your blessings)
size 1 here, I feel your pain!

I usually shop online, unfortunately finding nice shoes in my size can get quite expensive.
You don't have to worry about the fit, you can always send them back if they aren't right

Barratts sometimes has nice shoes, and tammy at bhs occasionally

these are the places I usually go to:
http://www.pretty-small-shoes.com/ (pretty expensive, but very good quality)
http://www.petitfeet.co.uk/ (cheap, not always best quality)
Reply 5
Original post by kitkatbitesize
size 1 here, I feel your pain!

I usually shop online, unfortunately finding nice shoes in my size can get quite expensive.
You don't have to worry about the fit, you can always send them back if they aren't right

Barratts sometimes has nice shoes, and tammy at bhs occasionally

these are the places I usually go to:
http://www.pretty-small-shoes.com/ (pretty expensive, but very good quality)
http://www.petitfeet.co.uk/ (cheap, not always best quality)

I went to Barratts yesterday and they didn't even have the petit feet range in store! :frown: I ended up buying some kids ballet flats.

I think I'm going to have to shop online, I have no choice. That store it quite expensive, but are the shoes true to size? I love wearing heels but it's so hard to find them!

Yeah Tammy is my saviour when it comes to shoes, but lately they haven't had anything nice.

Thanks guys for the help!
I'm a size 3 but I usually have to get my shoes online as well because most shops I've been to only have a very limited range of shoes in my size, it's pretty annoying. I went to the Trafford Centre the other day and New Look literally didn't have any flats in a size 3. Online is definitely your best bet, I know Barratts do them and so do Clarks and Petit Feet. I'm pretty sure the New Look website has a teen section with sizes 1 and 2 as well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Have you considered buying from kids or teen ranges? The shoes tend to be a lot cheaper, but several styles are the same as adult ones. A pair of shoes in the shop I work in were selling for £12.99, but an almost identical (I.E. a different brand name printed on the bottom) pair in kids in slightly smaller sizes was £9.99.
New Look and Zara in particular have excellent children's/teens' shoe ranges!
Original post by txo
I went to Barratts yesterday and they didn't even have the petit feet range in store! :frown: I ended up buying some kids ballet flats.

I think I'm going to have to shop online, I have no choice. That store it quite expensive, but are the shoes true to size? I love wearing heels but it's so hard to find them!

Yeah Tammy is my saviour when it comes to shoes, but lately they haven't had anything nice.

Thanks guys for the help!

I've only bought a couple of pairs from them and they both have been,
and they've lasted really well too, especially considering that I wear them almost every day. Unlike cheaper heels I've bought before that start to wear down a few weeks later.
Reply 10
Original post by Holly Unsightly
New Look and Zara in particular have excellent children's/teens' shoe ranges!

Yeah the Zara children's range is really good!

Thanks all.
Reply 11
I'm size 1.5 so I know how it feels. I don't know why they don't make heels in smaller sizes because, generally, if you have small feet you'll be shorter (and being shorter, wouldn't you want/need heels more than an average/tall person?).

I shop at petitfeet.co.uk and deichmann.com (children's section, of course.) New Look, as previously mentioned by others, have an okay teens shoe section but sometimes they can look a bit... tacky? Tammy in BHS again have some nice special occasion footwear, like simple black boots etc.

Regarding flat shoes, I've recently bought some shoes from Cath Kidston's children section (size 2, I think they come up small?) with a small flower print. They're quite cute and come in different colours and patterns. Plus, they aren't too expensive.

Vans obviously sell children's sized vans as well and they come up slightly big (i'm size 1 in vans).

There's a shoe store in my town that sells VERY cheap shoes that most people pass by because it's too 'not cool' to shop in there. I find that cheaper shoes come up smaller so maybe a size 3 in a cheap store/make would fit.

Heel grips and insoles are my best friends. I've got really small and thin ankles and have to wear a heel grip in almost anything. They help shoes that have a fingernail-sized space at the heel fit pretty well. Half-insoles also help if part of the shoe is tight or fits and part of the shoe is loose.

TK Maxx is also good for smaller sized shoes. I've picked up some great heels from there, it just takes a while to look for and there aren't many to choose from. If there is a TK Maxx in town, I suggest popping in every so often and having a look through the shoes. At my local, there's almost always a size 2 heel floating about somewhere!

I get really annoyed that sometimes I can't find individual-looking shoes in my size so I customised a few cheap heels from petitfeet.co.uk by covering them in glitter, or covering them in fabric or glueing belts and buttons onto them.

I hope I helped, I really know how it feels to be disappointed every time you see a nice pair of shoes that start at a size 3.
I am a size 2 and ebay is my best friend for my shoes, most sellers are from china and obviously we all know the chinese have small feet so most listings start at size 2.
If like me you love your skyscraper, glitzy glam shoes then you'll love it cause theres loads!!
Yes the shoes do take upto a month to arrive but as long as you're not in a hurry you will be fine.

Not too expensive either really, sort of prices you would pay in new look and places like that depending on the type you want.

However, without contridicting myself, I ordered a pair of huge heeled shoes in a size 2 and when they arrived, I would say they where more like a 'big' size 3, was really dissappionted but it seems to have been a one off as all the others i've ordered from china have been fine.
Reply 13
I am a size 2 or 2.5 and understand your frustration.. it is very difficult for me to find shoes that fit properly. Here is a list of places that sell size 2, I have found that some shoes were true to size other were not so you just have to try them out and see:

- Dune: You can order some size 2 shoes on the Dune website and return it to a store if it doesn't fit. The stock changes regularly, so keep looking.

- Kurt Geiger: The website offers smaller sizes in the brands Vince Camuto, Jessica Simpson and Kurt Geiger. You can return everything in store if it doesn't fit.

- M&S: Some shoes come in very small sizes so it is worth having a look at them too.

- Charles and Keith also have nice size 2 shoes which are cheap but usually not in leather.. not sure if you can return it in a store either.

- Pretty Small Shoes: They recently opened a store in Holborn so you can try them out in store instead of ordering them online.

- Geox: have some small sizes and sometimes you can find the same shoes in the kid section at a cheaper price.

Hope this helps.
I have EXACTLY the same problem! I am a size 2 / 2.5 and size 3 are just a bit off but I could never disguise the fact that they are too big , children's shoes are too childish and I cannot find any places that sell a size 2 other than eBay , which ship from china and bejing so i have no idea how good the quality will be and even if they measure the sizes properly , if you find anywhere that sells size 2 shoes please let me know :,(
have you tried www.egoshoes.co.uk they sell shoes from Uk size 13 -3.5
I have the same problem. Proms coming up and I don't want to got in kids shoes! I'm short enough as it is!
Mothercare?
New look sell size 2 now I have just bought 6 pair and they are all high heels
Last time I went to both Selfridges and Harrods they had a massive shoes sale where the shoes were organised by size and they had quite a big size 2 selection (I remember because I saw some I liked but they were sold out in my size). Because they stock such a huge variety of brands and designers, you should at least have a half decent choice. Some of the designer shoes can be quite expensive but they do have plenty that are much more affordable too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending