The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I actually worked 13 hour shifts last two days. Was meant to be 12.5 hours, but leader were late relieving me from my post and deploying the morning shift people on time :colonhash:. It's just annoying cos I'd already been working for ages and just wanted to get home and sleep, but hopefully they will pay me for that extra half an hour of those shifts.

All that money :beer:
Reply 3181
Makes me wonder how some people keep the mentality to do this for for free.. hats off..
Reply 3182
hey I have collected my uniform accreditation etc, done all the training but I can't seem to track my SIA license at all even though I had finished the training last week?!
what do I do? they still have my documents and i have no information as to how to get it back or the SIA license!
Reply 3183
Original post by coolasacucumber
ZOMG i cannot tell you how good today was.

Ahh well guarding the stadium, got to go inside and see it, saw some of the opening ceremony. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont have words

No way, that's sick! How comes you got to go inside the stadium?
Original post by treeves
All that money :beer:

Yep :biggrin: :cheers:

Original post by treeves
Makes me wonder how some people keep the mentality to do this for for free.. hats off..

WTF? Who on earth doe this for free? :lolwut: Now I'm someone who likes doing volunteering every now and then, but screw doing something like this for free, lol.

I've got to say, perimeter guarding has probably got to be one of worst jobs ever - so mind numbingly boring and freaking tiring. I only can't quit because I really need to money and can't find anything better. I'm hoping that pedestrian screening will be a little better, as even though it'll probably be a lot of repetitive work, at least it's a more active work that it sounds better than standing around for several hours not doing much.

Hopefully I'm not gonna do something like this for a long term career.
Original post by rsp2009
No way, that's sick! How comes you got to go inside the stadium?

Some guy was guarding like the tunnel into the stadium and i asked if i can go have a look and he was like sure, so we went inside and looked at it. So i went, then after i sneaked inside and upstairs looooooooooool.

Guarding that stadium, curiousity was killing me
Reply 3186
if i got an pick up the uniform tomorrow with invite will it matter? ive got my accreditation and will they also give my employee staff card the one with the barcode when i get my green uniform? and bdw where dyu pick it up from ?
Original post by treeves

Yep :biggrin: :cheers:

WTF? Who on earth doe this for free? :lolwut: Now I'm someone who likes doing volunteering every now and then, but screw doing something like this for free, lol.

I've got to say, perimeter guarding has probably got to be one of worst jobs ever - so mind numbingly boring and freaking tiring. I only can't quit because I really need to money and can't find anything better. I'm hoping that pedestrian screening will be a little better, as even though it'll probably be a lot of repetitive work, at least it's a more active work that it sounds better than standing around for several hours not doing much.

Hopefully I'm not gonna do something like this for a long term career.

#No one does guarding for free. Voluteers arre for like the opening ceremony and helping out, stewarding in the stadium too. Some even get to meet athelets pfft im jealous of that
Reply 3188
I actually worked 13 hour shifts last two days. Was meant to be 12.5 hours, but leader were late relieving me from my post and deploying the morning shift people on time :colonhash:. It's just annoying cos I'd already been working for ages and just wanted to get home and sleep, but hopefully they will pay me for that extra half an hour of those shifts.

what do teamleader actually do as thats what i will be doing?

I know that we will be briefing and de-briefing our team. but i wanna know if team leaders will also be guarding and walking our perimeter
(edited 11 years ago)
Nevermind, silly me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mattstar
what do teamleader actually do as thats what i will be doing?

They basically lead the team, sorting out who goes where and when people get breaks, stuff like that.
Original post by ybasnet
I believe that we had CCTV training at same days (28 May - 1 June) right? OR possible that we had role specific training on 2-3 July?

If you are near to Stratford, go early to your Cherry Park and speak with the duty managers. In my venues, there are 2 other people (CCTV Operator) who haven't got allocated role but they have been working continuously.
Yep I had SIA training 28th-1st (I was the tall guy sitting at the far right).

What is this cherry park thing? I'll have to try it Friday as I wont get enough sleep to go Thursday morning now. Plus what time do the shifts start so I'll know how early to be. Cheers.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm in da same boat too

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ryan_carter
Anyone know what OSA role means

Pretty sure that's accreditation scanning.

Reply 3194
Original post by ± Dan ±
How do i find out where I'm working? This ESS is showing all my shifts but It don't tell me what location it is or how I even get there .... it just says Common Domain Z4 :s-smilie:

Do you know where Cherry Park is? The sign in place by the stratford enterance and Westfield shopping center.

Go there, tell them that it is your first day and where you are and they will get someone to take you to the right sign in. As if I am correct it is the sign-in which is in the middle of the park.

Hope this helps.

And now after 6 hours sleep back to travel to get back on shift...
Reply 3195
I'm gonna join the trend and try my luck with accreditation and uniform tomorrow, wish me luck
Reply 3196
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
Yep I had SIA training 28th-1st (I was the tall guy sitting at the far right).

What is this cherry park thing? I'll have to try it Friday as I wont get enough sleep to go Thursday morning now. Plus what time do the shifts start so I'll know how early to be. Cheers.

Lolz...I am IC4 guy always sitting 2nd row of front left side.

My shift starts from 6.30 but have to move from house at 4.30. Cherry Park is near olympic park intrance. Approach any one near the entrance and you will be guided. Hey don't forget to reach there by 6 - 6.15 am.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 3197
Original post by gibsy92
I'm gonna join the trend and try my luck with accreditation and uniform tomorrow, wish me luck

Good luck mate and be motivated even you have to try another time. Its good money!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Dph1
Do you know where Cherry Park is? The sign in place by the stratford enterance and Westfield shopping center.

Go there, tell them that it is your first day and where you are and they will get someone to take you to the right sign in. As if I am correct it is the sign-in which is in the middle of the park.

Hope this helps.

And now after 6 hours sleep back to travel to get back on shift...

Ah okay thanks very much :smile: I will probably ring them up sometime later today just to make sure, don't want to be late on my first day :colondollar:

Going to pick my uniform up today from Pitchford Street, does anyone know how long this takes? Don't really want to be stuck there all day....
Does anyone know wat the RRT role code is?

Quick Reply

Latest