The Student Room Group

Waitrose group interview

Well, i've got a group interview for Waitrose on Saturday and just wanted to know if anyone has got any tips or information on what will happen etc.
I know that previous posts have been done on waitrose but some of these are over a year old!
So, what kind of questions do they ask? what else happens? what did you/would you wear?
Thanks in advance
Mine was with a group of about 8 and we were all roughly the same age: 16/17. It was weird. firstly we did this ice breaker where u have to ask each other questions such as 'do u like jazz music' which was like a stupid thing you do on the first day of school.

then we were given a list of questions to prepare our answers for and say it out aloud infront of the group,, the questions were along the lines of ; are you at college? do you want to go to uni? what are your ambitions for the future? and then onto the job related things like why would u be good for this job? and what does customer service mean to you?

we then had to split into 2 groups and were given a product. we were given a dustpan and brush and the others had a baby bottle. We had to think about the qualities of the product and had to try and sell it to the opposing team, for example i sed something allong the lines of 'this new dustpan and brush from Addis's new slimline range is perfect for clearing up any sort of mess whether its on the floor or in a gap between your kitchen cabnets. the new flexi grip handle allows you hold the brush with ease etc , you get the picture llol.

at the end of the interview we were intervewd seperatly for only about 10 minuites, where she asked me things like 'how could i give a good customer sevice?' and 'what could i contribute to the partnership?'

as for wht to wear - presuming your a girl, a smart top, black trousers, black shoes. the guys wore shirts and smart trousers. thats the way it was for the majority, mind you a girl did turn up in jeans and tshirt and got a job lol
Reply 2
How did the interview go ?
Reply 3
Thanks Revenge the interview went well and i got the job!!!!
Reply 4
For the group selling activities, did all members of each group work together.. each saying a little piece about it, or was it more individual.
Reply 5
Ahhhhh!!

I have mine on wednesday, really nervous..
Ive got a waitrose group interview soon have you got any tips and advice what did they ask thanks.
Reply 7
Heyaa

Well I had one today, it went really well,

- I belonged to a group of 12 people and first of all we all went into a room, and they gave us a small ice breaker activity. This consisted of the group splitting into 2 groups and trying to make words out of letters. Quite strange I know, but it helps you start talking. It's like countdown!

- After that we had to introduce ourselves to the group and say what we liked doing, greatest achievments, etc..

- We then had a small presentation about the company to see what they expect from us and what we expect from them. And then those little questions came up saying, "Why do you want to work here?" They will pick on you!

- We then split into 2 groups again and had to try and sell a waitrose produce to the other team.

- After the last exercise you have to complete a medical form and give sizes you require for uniforms.

If successful they said they will ring you back to complete another interview, but this time one to one..

Good luck!!
Reply 8
I worked at Tesco's and get 6.00 P/h so I'm not sure if I should leave for Waitrose, but I think Waitrose will be better.

I hope I get 6.00 p/h at Waitrose when I start with my experience. My interview is this Thursday, but I might not be able to make it because I have work on that day. I'm not sure what to do, call it off, re-arrange it for another date or just take a day off work (which is easier said than done, as its not enough notice). I have experience at retail already so it might be a breeze to get the job, but i'm not sure if I should go for it, as it might be less than 6.00 p/h and the wages might be less than i'm earning now.
Reply 9
Waitrose is a good company to work for. I'm 18 and the base rate is around £5.80 per hour. On top of this you get a bonus which is usually around 15% of your yearly earnings. There are other things they offer like discounts on tickets for music events, and of course the partner discount at john lewis which is 12.5 -25% on all goods.

When i had my group interview around 2 years ago i got asked what my greatest achievement was, what i like doing outside of school/work, what the JLP represents etc, i also got asked to sell a product which was easy as i just included words such as premium and organic.
Reply 10
Petro
Waitrose is a good company to work for. I'm 18 and the base rate is around £5.80 per hour. On top of this you get a bonus which is usually around 15% of your yearly earnings. There are other things they offer like discounts on tickets for music events, and of course the partner discount at john lewis which is 12.5 -25% on all goods.

When i had my group interview around 2 years ago i got asked what my greatest achievement was, what i like doing outside of school/work, what the JLP represents etc, i also got asked to sell a product which was easy as i just included words such as premium and organic.

Do you get a discount when you first start, or after a certain amount of time.
Reply 11
Lucy King
Hi, you get a 12% discount for Waitrose and JL after 3 months. You do not get discount when you first start. After a year it goes up to 25% in JL and stays as 12% in Waitrose.

If you want to know anything else please pm me.I have worked for the partnership for 8 years!

Lucy

Lucy King
Hey guys, I have just got a job at my local Waitrose branch. I am working on the dry goods section any idea what the uniform is I forgot to ask.

Someone mentioned that you have to wear a tabard/apron is that true do you know?

Thanks
Lucy

This was Dated October 2006 as a Post

According to this message in 2006 when you said you have just started Waitrose, you have not worked for the partnership of Waitrose for 8 years, but more likely under 1 year. Clarify....

Latest

Trending

Trending