The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Just put down your passport number if you're a new student. It's in place to check your passport details now.
Orthala
I wouldn't, mine is all a bit spazzy lol

Im just going through it now and it can't find my Uni or my course for some reason . . .:confused:
Reply 102
DancinBallerina
Im just going through it now and it can't find my Uni or my course for some reason . . .:confused:

Well my course details are wrong lol says I am at a different campus doing a BEng rather than a BSc! :smile:
Reply 103
Ok, Imperial is showing up now- F309 (Physics w/ Year in Europe) isn't showing up, should I put it in manually or just go for F303?
Reply 104
Started mine today :smile:.
How Much Can I Apply For?
(Please note: an asterisk * indicates information which must be completed) Maintenance Loan Tuition fee Loan
3564.00 GBP 3225.00 GBP

I want to apply for the level of finance shown here
I want to apply for more, taking into account my household income

Is this my parents household income ? or if I were to have one (which i dont), mine? Which one do i go for!lol
Orthala
Well my course details are wrong lol says I am at a different campus doing a BEng rather than a BSc! :smile:

LoL . . .odeary . .I think im going to leave it and wait until April, which is when I applied for my 2nd year finance. By then the website should have sorted its errors out.
I'm just looking through the help sheets first before I start applying but I'm confused. Does it ask for both my income and my parents income? I don't have an income and my mum is on benefits, so would I put £0 for both? :s-smilie:
Reply 108
DiamondsAreForever
How Much Can I Apply For?
(Please note: an asterisk * indicates information which must be completed) Maintenance Loan Tuition fee Loan
3564.00 GBP 3225.00 GBP

I want to apply for the level of finance shown here
I want to apply for more, taking into account my household income

Is this my parents household income ? or if I were to have one (which i dont), mine? Which one do i go for!lol

If you're dependent on your parents, it's their income, and if you want anything to be means tested you want to pick the second option.
Reply 109
well the website should be working by Monday, which is when the system officially comes on-line. But filing in the form on-line was easier than the 28 page form. Postage would be a lot.
Joanna May

Also, this is such an anti climax. My parents can't fill in the rest of it for another month and a half yet!

Why?
Serious question lol :smile:
bubbles50
Why?
Serious question lol :smile:

Income assessed information isn't available until April. And I need to contact the student finance people and ask them to consider assessing me on this year's financial data (ie the past twelve months). Whereas as far as I know, the student finance people want to assess it on the year 2007-2008, and since my mum spent most of the year without a job, that makes a big difference to my assessment entitlement.
Reply 112
In for the subs'.

it's times like this your thankful for being poor. :smile:
i think i'll wait for my head of 6th forms help on this one, there's no rush right?
He went into hospital last week so should be back after half term :frown:
how do you just apply for a maintainance grant
Joanna May
Income assessed information isn't available until April. And I need to contact the student finance people and ask them to consider assessing me on this year's financial data (ie the past twelve months). Whereas as far as I know, the student finance people want to assess it on the year 2007-2008, and since my mum spent most of the year without a job, that makes a big difference to my assessment entitlement.

Thanks, that was why I was asking why haah I'm the same, if I go on last year I'll get a lot less as my dad wasn't working for most of this year!

It seems silly that they want to give us money based on our circumstances two years before the year the loan etc will be given to us :frown:
Damn! I've forgotten my art id and password from 2005 so can't do it yet. Have to ring the 0845 number tomorrow or monday.
Is this open to EU/Overseas students as well?
Reply 118
arabstar22
how do you just apply for a maintainance grant

I don't know if you can apply for it online yet cos I haven't registered yet but you can apply specifically for the maintenance grant on the paper forms (PN1) which can be found here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/DG_171624
:smile:
Reply 119
Hollandaise_Sauce
yaay!!! more national debt...

true but, ehh w/e lets all destroy our children, our parent's generation has destroyed us with recession!
(totally joking for those Hermoine Grangers of TSR)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending