The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Geography?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me a real insight into what studying Geography BA at UCL is like.
Personally I am more interested in Human than Physical geography and I was wondering how much/if any compulsary Physical geography you have to do during the course.
I am aware that there are some Physical units you have to do in the first year but could anyone tell me what it's like in the second and third year?

Anything else you could tell me about studying Geography BA at UCL would also be helpful!
:smile:
thanks
x
Reply 1
The first year is split into 8 modules. They can be roughly grouped as three human, three physical and two 'study skills' type ones (one is a stats course, the other supposedly 'critical analysis' but it's mainly about plagiarism, bibliographies and other admin style things). You can drop one module and do an elective from another subject, so if physical isn't really your strong point you could replace one with a module from politics or economics of you fancied.

In the second year you get to choose all your modules, so theoretically it should be possible to simply do all human modules, but that doesn't always work in practice apparently (I'm about to finish my first year, so that's based on people i know from the second and third years).

This page has a full list of the modules available, and links to descriptions of them all:
http://www.geog.ucl.ac.uk/admissions-and-teaching/undergraduates/modules

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Thank you so much! That was really helpful!
x

Latest

Trending

Trending