The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

The next episode looks like it will be the best out of the first 3.
Reply 21
Original post by Boom Pow
The next episode looks like it will be the best out of the first 3.

definitely. this week's were a bit tame (well the girls weren't) but bless the boys on their first night sipping their san miguels watching the sunset haha :tongue:
haha in ibiza towards the end.. Tom..
If it was me, I would be like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck". My mum would kill me.
It was so funny how he let it continue noticing his parents.
He will never let that one down. haha
(edited 13 years ago)
what is the song right at the start of the first episode...it's on in clubs as well but i just can't get the lyrics in my head...rep for first one to get it
Reply 24
Jesus, i cant believe people are stupid enough to get talked into thinking this is a good idea! You couldn't pay me enough to do that
Reply 25
Now i cant believe i watched that whole episode... its like the time i watched the hour and a half documentary on the bloke who cheated on who wants to be a millionaire... so dry.
I LOVE IT! :biggrin:
- To be honest, I think my parents would just go for a laugh. Instead of watching me on a banana boat etc they'd be on it too! haha :smile: They wouldn't be bothered about what I was doing they'd be having fun themselves.
I wouldn't be bothered if they did come/watch me on holiday anyway.
Original post by EggmanD
Jesus, i cant believe people are stupid enough to get talked into thinking this is a good idea! You couldn't pay me enough to do that

I saw the first episode - you couldn't pay me to go on a holiday like that, let alone the show.

the only good thing about it was girls in bikinis. When that is it, you know it's gone pete tong.
I like the programme but nobody is doing anything wild. Plus, they're being filmed so they know their parents are going to end up seeing what they did anyway when they watch it on TV. So they're not doing anything they wouldn't really want their parents to see in the first place... It's still funny though.
Reply 29
Original post by mikeyd85
I saw the first episode - you couldn't pay me to go on a holiday like that, let alone the show.

the only good thing about it was girls in bikinis. When that is it, you know it's gone pete tong.

I went when i was 18, it was fun but when i started uni i looked back at the photos and and videos and found it very cringeworthy as all we did was get pissed in a hotter climate in the same sort of **** clubs.. see the bellend laddy sorts are still out in full force though.
Original post by EggmanD
I went when i was 18, it was fun but when i started uni i looked back at the photos and and videos and found it very cringeworthy as all we did was get pissed in a hotter climate in the same sort of **** clubs.. see the bellend laddy sorts are still out in full force though.

this. haha
Reply 31
Hahahahahahaha just watched the last episode :rofl:

The amount of cringe caused from Rob's parents was perhaps on level with Peep Show! Poor lad.
I haven't watched it but I definitely want to. It looks quite good and I would hate it happening to me.
Reply 33
I’ve watched it, it is very entertaining
However I spent a week of my summer in Malia .. and worked for 6 weeks in Ayia Napa ... and I would kill my parents for doing that whilst I was away!! .. ha let’s hope I’m not somewhere in the background of any of it aye
I would be furious if I was being followed/watched by my parents, why do they all not seem to care?

I can't believe the guy on the last one carried on with his lapdance when his parents were watching lol, it was so awkward. And the girl's mum (and mum's friend??) looked like they'd go on that type of holiday themselves so I don't really know why they were on it? The mum seemed happier that her daughter wasn't as boring/tomboyish as she thought. Both shows have had one of the parents bring a friend instead of their husband and it kind of defeats the object, why would you be bothered about what someone else's child gets up to?
I thought that program was completely awful. Am I the only one that thinks it's wrong? These kids are having their first holiday's abroad ruined and are made out to look like complete trashy scum because they're having a boozy wekk. I mean, come on, it's almost like a rite of passage!
I thought this was awful.
I can't even begin to imagine how absolutely livid I would be if my parents were spying on me on my first holiday abroad! Total abuse of trust.
Meh. I found it a tad preachy and somewhat presumptuous.

The narrator described 'the first holiday with your mates' as a "right of passage". Bleugh. It all just felt like I was being patronised by some 40 year old trying to 'get down with da youth'.

:facepalm:
Reply 38
It's just entertainment in my view, and everything shown on the shows should be taken with a pinch of salt as like someone above mentioned, they're on film and they know they're eventually going on tele, so don't expect the true 'lads holiday documentary' when watching this. We only get to see the 'light' parts of the trip. It seems they only film small portions of the holidays so I'm guessing they get to get on with what they do best once the cameras go, but as you've all said personally i'd be furious if I was 'busted' so to speak.
Reply 39
Pretty sleezy to be honest, but that Tom guy at the end of the 2nd episode with that stripper and his parents coming in... i cringed so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending