The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Any Politics/Parliamentary Studies current students out there?

Scroll to see replies

My best mate applied for straight pol, got her offer maybe a month ago? But they did tell us in that confirmation letter that interview offers wouldn't come through until jan/feb time! I'm just as anxious as you guys but I think it will probably be another couple of weeks until we hear anything unfortunately :frown:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Will be funny if we bump into each other at the interview :smile: I suppose it's hard to distinguish between those to reject completely & those to offer straight Politics too.. but you'd hope interviews would be given soon!
Reply 22
According to last years thread, they found out about interviews from the 8th to 12th Feb, for the following month.
Ahh but thats ages away :frown: Oh well!
PS link us up to last years thread?
OMG I GOT AN INTERVIEW GUYS 8D 8D 9th feb!!!!
Reply 26
Just so you guys know, got a letter today inviting me for an interview on Feb 8th!
Aw no so we won't all meet each other if they're doing it on different days!

I'm so excited :biggrin: I can't believe they want me :') how many do you think they interview? The lady I spoke to said 200-250 applicants for 18 places but I don't know how that translates as interviews.
Reply 28
Oh my I haven't got a reply yet :frown:

Congratulations on your interview invitation!! Happy for you two :frown:
Original post by faithxfaye
Oh my I haven't got a reply yet :frown:

Congratulations on your interview invitation!! Happy for you two :frown:

Don't worry love, my letter was signed like 3 days ago and I only got it today so yours is probably in the post :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by Georgiana1605
Don't worry love, my letter was signed like 3 days ago and I only got it today so yours is probably in the post :biggrin:

Oops that was supposed to be a :smile: on the phone.

Aww thanks if I get an interview I hope to see either of you two!
Reply 31
I'm excited - I'm just still so confused by the funding process for the third year, if it's an unpaid work placement how the hell do we fund being in America? hehe
Yes I thought about that! Maybe that's something you could ask at the interview? I presume we'd still get student finance.

Any ideas about the things they may ask? (harrisonJT I will be relying on you to report back with the day's findings after your interview :P )
So who else has got an interview on the 8th of February?

Also has anyone else got an offer for BPLS at hull?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by harrisonJT
I'm excited - I'm just still so confused by the funding process for the third year, if it's an unpaid work placement how the hell do we fund being in America? hehe

Original post by Georgiana1605
Yes I thought about that! Maybe that's something you could ask at the interview? I presume we'd still get student finance.

Any ideas about the things they may ask? (harrisonJT I will be relying on you to report back with the day's findings after your interview :P )

You will still get student finance for your placement year - you will still technically be a student at the University.
I got an interview on the 8th too :smile:

What d'you think they'll ask?
I got an interview on the 8th too :smile:

What d'you think they'll ask?
Oh, and according to this:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/politics_and_parliamentary_studi?unfold=1

Last year there were 145 applicants and only 36 got an interview. So we're very lucky to be interviewed :smile: There's only 18 places on the course according to their website.
Reply 38
Original post by Maddog Jones
Oh, and according to this:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/politics_and_parliamentary_studi?unfold=1

Last year there were 145 applicants and only 36 got an interview. So we're very lucky to be interviewed :smile: There's only 18 places on the course according to their website.

That's filled me with a lot of hope! I assume it'll be personal statement based :smile:
Original post by harrisonJT
That's filled me with a lot of hope! I assume it'll be personal statement based :smile:

Heh, same - I was shocked when I read that - my grades aren't great.

Looking forward to the interview though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest