The Student Room Group

14 year old murders his mother

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nobody show him "The Human Centipede"
Original post by Pheylan
What is a fourteen-year-old doing watching Coronation Street?

Exactly. Why go out pumping bitches when you can just sit in and watch corrie :tongue:
Original post by Miss Trololol
Yeah, it's almost unthinkable isn't it? - that a child brutally murders his loving mother. It's unusual simply because he's come from a loving background. There's no record of abuse or mistreatment within the family.

Absolutely!! The fact that his mother was so loving and caring according to everyone else makes it even stranger. I can't imagine even thinking of that at the age of 14. There must have been something that made him do it - a mental illness or something even. That nobody had any control over. Feel for the family but.
Reply 43
Surprised no-one has suggested unsatisfactory sandwich-making skills as a possible catalyst....
Reply 44
How despicable of him.

Whether he regrets he'll come to regret his crime is questionable.
Original post by Miracle Day
I'm pretty sure they'd have done psychological tests on the child to make sure such things aren't the case. And I'm sure if it was, we'd know. Obviously I know about those reasons you stated, hormonal imbalances etc.. but it doesn't seem fitting in this case.

I'd say it's more fitting in this case than any other. Unless you have a really ****ty relationship with your mum, everyone feels love for their parents. In order for this kid to have killed his own mother, at such a young age too (where stress and maturity conflicts haven't arisen yet) is a strong indication that he never had any love for his mum in the first place.

I guess, since there's no mention of his dad, that he could have been the product of a rather messy and unhappy family divorce, but still, something as violent and unnatural as this suggests a disturbed psyche, to say the least.
Children also watch happy films, and do not go out and re-enact those. I believe at 14 you are wise enough to make your own decisions. I believe at 14 this boy may have been drawn to horror films or violent games. Why does society make horror or violent films? Why are they some of the most popular films of all time? Because society LOVES violence. As humans, we have a macabre interest in gore, violence, murder etc. Why are games such as COD or GTA some of the most popular games of all time? Because no matter what our age, the majority of society are engrossed in violence. I do not believe horror films, or Corrie is to blame for this sociopath. He can say he's inspired, but murderers have been inspired from numerous things, from certain songs, to certain books, to certain works of art. If someone is so easily influenced by these things, enough to murder their own mother, there is definite mental illness. However, this boy was clearly a sociopath or possible psychopath to do this and blame Coronation Street. I mean come on now.
Original post by Architecture-er
I'd say it's more fitting in this case than any other. Unless you have a really ****ty relationship with your mum, everyone feels love for their parents. In order for this kid to have killed his own mother, at such a young age too (where stress and maturity conflicts haven't arisen yet) is a strong indication that he never had any love for his mum in the first place.

I guess, since there's no mention of his dad, that he could have been the product of a rather messy and unhappy family divorce, but still, something as violent and unnatural as this suggests a disturbed psyche, to say the least.

Some people just do not feel love at all, or remorse for the things they do. Some people, who are normal mentally, do not love their parents, for no reason. Their parents may treat them like princes/princesses but the child just may not feel love. Human beings can be devoid of emotions such as love and guilt and remorse, but not all of these people become murderers.
Original post by alanasomething
Some people just do not feel love at all, or remorse for the things they do. Some people, who are normal mentally, do not love their parents, for no reason. Their parents may treat them like princes/princesses but the child just may not feel love. Human beings can be devoid of emotions such as love and guilt and remorse, but not all of these people become murderers.

I didn't say that though :wink:

But you can't argue that an inability to view other human's as equal to yourself will lend itself towards that person being callously violent towards individuals, in the same way that I'd squash a fly that was buzzing around my head annoyingly.
Original post by Architecture-er
I didn't say that though :wink:

But you can't argue that an inability to view other human's as equal to yourself will lend itself towards that person being callously violent towards individuals, in the same way that I'd squash a fly that was buzzing around my head annoyingly.

Oh sorry I didn't notice your previous posts, I totally agree with them. I think this kid was already besotted with violence and gravitated towards violent movies and horrors. I mean, I love horrors, it's my favourite genre, I did my media studies module all on horror. The fact that people are like BAN ALL THE GAMES and BAN ALL THE HORRORS p*sses me right off. People are violent regardless, like you said about Jack the Ripper, if people are going to be devoid of all respect for human life or human worth, even their own mother, then there is absolutely no soap in the world that could make you do this! (Apart from Eastenders as it's so boring that I'd rather bash my own head in with a hammer.)
Reply 50
Death penalty I say. Theres a certain boundary when if crossed, its virtually impossible to bring the person back to sanity. Once he gets released from prison I'd bet god knows how much he will seriously harm/kill again.
Reply 51
Maybe it was a love/hate relationship....
Reply 52
They should bury this bastard alive and put a microphone inside so we can hear his screams.
I hate seeing this. Jackie worked with my mum.

Chilling to see it reach national news.
Reply 54
Original post by cl_steele
truly sickening, this child has serious serious problems and shouldnt ever be released for this.

Child has problems. Problems caused by environment he was brought up in. Children not fully responsible for their own actions. So instead of helping said child with problems, you lock them in jail for life.

Makes sense.
Original post by Miracle Day
I'm pretty sure they'd have done psychological tests on the child to make sure such things aren't the case. And I'm sure if it was, we'd know. Obviously I know about those reasons you stated, hormonal imbalances etc.. but it doesn't seem fitting in this case.

Well, it does. He fits the profile of sociopath.

Well, they may have done tests since he was caught. It is very hard to diagnose it because Socio-paths are very adept at lying and showing fake emotion.

Even the police officer in the news bulletin said that he continued to lie very convincingly hours after the death of his mother. Couple that with the fact, he wrote extensively and graphically about murder, he is probably has am anti social personality disorder.
Reply 56
Original post by Stefan1991
Child has problems. Problems caused by environment he was brought up in. Children not fully responsible for their own actions. So instead of helping said child with problems, you lock them in jail for life.

Makes sense.

theres no problem with his environment? he came from a good middle class home with a loving mother. the child is just a psycopathe, do you want people like this should be on the streets?
Reply 57
Original post by Andy16
Death penalty I say. Theres a certain boundary when if crossed, its virtually impossible to bring the person back to sanity. Once he gets released from prison I'd bet god knows how much he will seriously harm/kill again.

Tbh It's far worse killing a random person(s) on the street compared to a possibly controlling child-beating old skag of a Mother. None of us know his reasons for doing it and so we can't judge him at all. We can however only hope he doesn't watch Eastenders, cause then we'll really have a difficult situation on our hands...
Reply 58
Original post by Stefan1991

Makes sense.

How do you know the child has problems caused by the environment?

It's clear that this was a case of imitation gone horribly wrong. Hardly seems like an environmental problem. In addition, this murder was preplanned. If there is evidence of premeditation and planning, it's not a childish and innocent act anymore.

There is no reason to help this child as you suggest because this incident was not caused by a medical issue...clinical issues don't lead to pre-planning and committing the murder of your own mother in an attempt to recreate a fictional crime.
Reply 59
Original post by .eXe
They should bury this bastard alive and put a microphone inside so we can hear his screams.

Have you some sort of mental illness?

Quick Reply

Latest