The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU- anyone studying or planning to?

I've recently accepted an offer from London South Bank University to study Psychology and wanted to ask any current students there what they think of the uni?
It'd also be good to talk to anyone planning on going there in the next year or deferring entry until 2013?
Any replies would be great

Scroll to see replies

I'm going next year for the PGCE, my girlfriend is in 2nd year doing Psychology and loves it :smile:
London
Reply 2
I currently study at LSBU, my opinion on the university varies, but overall I have a positive experience to draw from it. LSBU is very easily judged as a poor university due to it's respective ratings, but I found a suprisingly good delivery of course from the staff here and the campus is pretty unique. LSBU is big on international exchanges, so there are a lot of students from all round the world which offers a good social mix.

In terms of the student union bar, it sucks, but there is a new student centre opening September 2012, which seems to be quite promising. The areas surronding the university is always described as "up and coming" which is a polite way to say the area's a ****hole and they're looking to invest in it. I managed to put up with the surrondings as the location, in terms of proximity to central London, is awesome.

I've quite enjoyed my course so far, only real major thing that annoyed me here is the higher than average level of time wasters who should not be at university at all.
Reply 3
Hi :smile:

im thinking about accepting an unconditional offer to study business at lsbu so im more than likely going to go! pretty much in the same boat as you dont really know much about the uni etc. Have you found out anything more?
hi, i'm considering going there for a postgraduate law conversion course next year too. Also considering deferring entry.
Reply 5
Considering a post graduate course starting there in Sept 12 but not thinking about deferring my entry until Sept 13. Is this possible for postgrad study?

Thanks.
Original post by travel_bug
Considering a post graduate course starting there in Sept 12 but not thinking about deferring my entry until Sept 13. Is this possible for postgrad study?

Thanks.

I'm really not sure. I don't think it would be an official thing, but i've got an offer and so might just ask them if i can take it up for the next annual intake. It shouldn't be too problematic. Which course have you applied for out of interest? If it's the cpe (on the off chance), I know from personal experience that the course director is pretty easy to get hold of and a thoroughly nice guy, he gave me a personal tour of the bits of campus that would be relevant to me, so i'm hoping it won't be a massive ask. Failing that I could just spend the £25 or whatever to reapply next year and take that as a fine for not sorting my life out properly when I should have.
Original post by Amy_C_94
I've recently accepted an offer from London South Bank University to study Psychology and wanted to ask any current students there what they think of the uni?
It'd also be good to talk to anyone planning on going there in the next year or deferring entry until 2013?
Any replies would be great

Its a great university!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheNightmare
I went there to check out the university. Personally I think it is one of the ****test unis ever. Absolutely ****ing ****! My advice to you is to immediately change your choice, accept another university.

What was it about the place that you hate so much? I'm really looking forward to going there for my PGCE xD
Reply 9
I accepted an unconditional offer from lsbu .. I'm gonna study at southwark campus
Reply 10
Hello guys i want to apply for the Operating Department Practioner course at LSBU and i have 160 ucas points which is what they require but they also require 5 GCSE grades at grade c which i dont have except from English Lang/lit. do you think they might still consider me and if not what uni do you think i might be given a chance for any health related course.
Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tara Tee
Hello guys i want to apply for the Operating Department Practioner course at LSBU and i have 160 ucas points which is what they require but they also require 5 GCSE grades at grade c which i dont have except from English Lang/lit. do you think they might still consider me and if not what uni do you think i might be given a chance for any health related course.
Thanks

I think you would usually need at least 5 GCSE's for most universities, including Maths. Have you spoken to LSBU though?
Reply 12
yes you need to check with them..
Reply 13
yes i did and they told me to take my maths but i forgot to tell them about the rest, i guess i would just have to give them a ring again... thanks guys
Reply 14
Original post by Jmarcus
Hi :smile:

im thinking about accepting an unconditional offer to study business at lsbu so im more than likely going to go! pretty much in the same boat as you dont really know much about the uni etc. Have you found out anything more?

I'm starting at lsbu this sept :smile:
Reply 15
yes i did and they told me to take my maths but i forgot to tell them about the rest, i guess i would just have to give them a ring again... thanks guys

They are planning to move up the ODP entry requirement from 160 to 240 for 2013
Reply 16
Thanks

I definately think they still consider you. I managed to enrol at LSBU without presenting any qualification certificates at all, it seems there are lenient on the entry requirements all together.
Reply 17
Original post by smith34
I definately think they still consider you. I managed to enrol at LSBU without presenting any qualification certificates at all, it seems there are lenient on the entry requirements all together.

LOL really?
Reply 18
Original post by sabedwali1
LOL really?

Yep, I hadn't got my certificates with me. They were not too bothered about it, I told them what I was awarded and they took my word for it. I couldn't believe they allowed it. Although I did achieve well above my entry requirement, it does concern me that this type of thing happens.
Reply 19
Original post by smith34
Yep, I hadn't got my certificates with me. They were not too bothered about it, I told them what I was awarded and they took my word for it. I couldn't believe they allowed it. Although I did achieve well above my entry requirement, it does concern me that this type of thing happens.

Oh wow that's weird ... Probably they'll ask for it later... What year are you in ?

Quick Reply

Latest