The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Contrad!ction.
I sort of do, but I tend to ignore all of the explanations and just do the exercises (book's crap) so I don't really know why what I'm doing works. Last year, I did M1, S2 and FP1, this year I'm doing FP3 and I did S3 in Jan. Which ones have you done?

how did S1 go?
i've got that exam next week :/
Original post by im so fresh
how did S1 go?
i've got that exam next week :/

I did it in Jan. It should be a pretty easy paper. Just go through some papers.

Relax :wink:
Original post by madders94
x

Name : Ari Ben Canaan
A Levels : Chemistry and Physics
UCAS : Firmed Imperial for Chemistry with a Year in Industry, Insurance UCL
Offer : AA and AB respectively
Reply 43
ye.
the 2011 thread was a bit mixed so it was hard to tell AS from A2 and resit applicants because you had people that said 3 scores for AS and not 4. :/

That's one of the reasons why I thought it best to have one specifically for A Level students (although if any AS students do want to join in, that's fine, but it'd help to make it clear what level we're talking about whether it's A2 or AS haha :redface: )

I was one of those confusing ones last year who had three scores for AS rather than 4 because I started doing French and finished after a few weeks because it was so boring :biggrin:
Reply 44
Name: Choppyy
A Levels: Maths, Economics, English Lit, General Studies
UCAS: Firmed - Newcastle - Business Accounting and Finance AAB
Insured - Warwick - Accounting and Finance AAA
Where is the thread for yr 12? can someone link?
Reply 46
Name: laurie:smile:
A Levels: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology
UCAS: Firm - St Andrews - Medicine - AAA
Insurance - King's College London - Medicine - AAA

soooo scared :afraid:

everything ive been working towards for around 4/5 years boils down to these exams :eek:
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
I did it in Jan. It should be a pretty easy paper. Just go through some papers.

Relax :wink:

true. I did get a B in the mock but i made the silliest of mistakes -.-
Just getting a bit nervous that's all :smile:

Original post by madders94
That's one of the reasons why I thought it best to have one specifically for A Level students (although if any AS students do want to join in, that's fine, but it'd help to make it clear what level we're talking about whether it's A2 or AS haha :redface: )

I was one of those confusing ones last year who had three scores for AS rather than 4 because I started doing French and finished after a few weeks because it was so boring :biggrin:

lol xD
but i guess this thread needs you to put UCAS choices etc. so we can tell AS from A2.
Original post by Future_Dr
Where is the thread for yr 12? can someone link?

Last year the Year 12's and 13's were in the same thread. May as well join 'em up, you're all doing A Levels. :smile:
Reply 49
lol xD
but i guess this thread needs you to put UCAS choices etc. so we can tell AS from A2.

Good point. I'm going to edit the first post so that it makes it clear that it's for AS and A2, might be easier :redface:
Reply 50
Name: Cathy
AS Levels/A Levels: Maths, Biology and Chemistry
UCAS: Firm - UCL: MEng Biochemical Engineering - AAB, Insurance - University of Surrey: BEng Chemical Engineering - ABB

Exams give me a sense of impending doom... D:
Original post by laurie:)
Name: laurie:smile:
A Levels: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology
UCAS: Firm - St Andrews - Medicine - AAA
Insurance - King's College London - Medicine - AAA

soooo scared :afraid:

everything ive been working towards for around 4/5 years boils down to these exams :eek:

Wow well done. What did you take for AS last year? and What does insurance mean?
Reply 52
Original post by Future_Dr
Wow well done. What did you take for AS last year? and What does insurance mean?

AS i took chemistry, biology, psychology and maths. (and i critical thinking in year 11 as well) :redface:

insurance is a back-up for if you dont meet the conditions for your firm choice. mine doesnt make sense cause theyre the same, but i didnt have an offer lower than AAA and my school made me pick an insurance :tongue:
Reply 53
Name : . . .
A Levels : Economics, Chemistry, Biology, EPQ
UCAS : Dunno.
Offer : A*AA(don't know what grade for epq).
Reply 54
Name: Pi!
A Levels: Maths, Spanish, Graphics
Choices: Dunno lol :sexface:
Name: mahjongmagic/Matt
A Levels: Maths (Pre-U), History, Business Studies
UCAS: Firm - Reading - History - D2BB or D2AC or M2AB
Insurance - Keele - History - M2BB

Maths will be one constant nightmare but I am going to just give it my best and hope that its enough.
Name: Charlesworth
A Levels: Economics, Maths and Geography
UCAS: Firm - Cambridge, Land Economy, A*AA.
Insurance - Glasgow, Economics and Geography, ABB

My first exam is on Friday followed by roughly 3 and a half weeks before my next exam. For once my exam timetable is pretty good!
Okay this makes me feel really nervous...

Name: TheatreLovely
AS Levels/A Levels: English Literature, French, German
Choices: : Firm - Oxford, AAA
Insurance - Durham, AAB

I only have three exams (well, I've already done my orals/coursework, so...) and these are on 15th June, 19th June and 20th June - would have been nicer to have had them more spread out, but it could have been worse. It's eight weeks and one day from my last exam until results day and I'm spending all of this time in Germany, so hopefully it should go faster.
Reply 58
Original post by TheatreLovely
Okay this makes me feel really nervous...

Name: TheatreLovely
AS Levels/A Levels: English Literature, French, German
Choices: : Firm - Oxford, AAA
Insurance - Durham, AAB

I only have three exams (well, I've already done my orals/coursework, so...) and these are on 15th June, 19th June and 20th June - would have been nicer to have had them more spread out, but it could have been worse. It's eight weeks and one day from my last exam until results day and I'm spending all of this time in Germany, so hopefully it should go faster.

I have the exact same gap between last exam and results day :smile: I have a feeling those eight weeks are going to drag. Then again, I have some quite exciting stuff to do - hopefully going to be doing face painting at a local RSPB site, going on holiday with family and boyfriend for my 18th, spending time with my boyfriend and doing a performing arts summer school/musical production with Russell Grant again this August. As soon as rehearsals for that start, the time will fly by and I'll be so exhausted, I won't be able to be nervous hopefully :o:o

I already know that the night before results day will be an all-nighter though. Obsessively checking UCAS from 6am :biggrin:
Reply 59
This is scarily early!

Name: Kalliope
AS Levels: English Literature, History, Philosophy & Ethics, Biology, Critical Thinking, EPQ, General Studies
(edited 11 years ago)