The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Round the twist? Have you ever, ever felt like this - when strange things happen, and you're going round a twist.
The Basil Brush Show!!!! (old version, not the crappy one)
Reply 82
Original post by shorttstuff
Justine Littlewood?
If it is her, I never liked her either :tongue:
Original post by greenfly125
Justine.

Yes! She was so bitchy :fuhrer:
Original post by misfits1994
Not at all. That comment was more aimed at the channel, not the programming. I'm sure the recent shows are just as entertaining for the intended age group but I feel as tough the channel's lost it's spark.

For example, there were so much energy in the old CBBC studios. The numerous presenter's personalities bounced off each other and that came across on screen. From what I've seen recently, studio space is limited and there was only one presenter from what I have seen (I'm guessing there will be different ones for different days maybe?). Back in my era, when the channel was launched, there was so much going on, like interactive programming, a range of shows and atleast a dozen different presenter on the channel within a week. (Angellica Bell, Andrew-Hayden Smith, Jake Humphrey, Fearne Cotton, Adrian Dickson, Barney Harwood, Dick & Dom, Gemma Hunt, Sophie McDonnel etc...)

It is different, but I'm always hesitant to say "it was better back then" because we don't know how we would have reacted to it at that age. From what I've seen, there's like a puppet dog co-presenting at the moment, used to be a catcus or something, which my cousins find really funny, and there's still lots of interactive things in like sending pictures and e-mails and whatever. I'm sure if the viewing count was dropping because of the channel change, CBBC might have reverted to how it used to be.

Saying that, I barely remember what the channel was like when I was younger, although I remember a lot of names you mentioned. I guess different parts are important to different people.
Original post by Mazzini
It most definitely went downhill after they left :frown:

Welcome to TSR by the way :biggrin:

It did :frown: My sister sometimes watches the new Blue Peter but she was only about 3 when Konnie left so she doesn't know any better :P

Original post by Muffin Head
Kerching definately - there was a series about a boy clone (?), Bernard's watch (the original one) and JUNGLE RUN!

Oh My Gosh!!!! I loved Jungle Run!!!!! I always wanted to go on that show (I wanted to go on Raven too) but I thought that you were really trapped in that big monkey's belly thing for ever if you didn't manage to get out quickly enough.
I know it isn't CBBC, but frankly the best kids tv show there ever was is SMTV:Live on ITV on Saturday mornings.
Original post by misfits1994
My favourite childhood show! :smile:

There were a couple of other shows I can't quite remember the names of. One about kids running a radio station and a sort of prank show where jokes were made on the general public. I think one of the channel's presenters were in it... Not 100% sure though.

The one about the radio show was called UGetMe.

I remember and loved most of the shows people have mentioned here (bar Jeopardy, because I never watched it, Dick and Dom and Basil Brush). Arthur and Tracy Beaker were the best though. :biggrin: I only really got into Grange Hill just before it ended (although my mum has got the original couple of series on DVD, which are good too), which is a shame, because I quite liked it. Beat the Boss was a more recent one which I enjoyed too.

Does anyone else remember Nelly Nut? Never watched it because just the adverts made me cringe and feel sick...:rolleyes: But it hasn't been mentioned so thought I'd put it out there.

I also remember some sort of talent show with adult contestants (they might have been teenagers actually, that would make more sense :tongue: They seemed so old to me) but I can't remember anything about the show's concept at all. I just remember there was a blonde girl called Maddy and a black Scottish girl called Zara and there was a bit when they had to go across monkey bars. I'm determined to remember what this show was...
Original post by InternetGangster
I kinda agree. Kinda makes me think of when middle aged adults complain that 'music nowadays isn't as good as it used to be'. (Although there may arguably be some truth in that *points towards Nicki Minaj*).

Everything along the lines of "it was better before" really annoys me. This goes for music was better, teenagers weren't thugs, exams were harder, everyone was healthier, people were kinder, there was less technology etc. etc. etc. It's a mix of progression and nostaliga which makes opinions like these, people tend to forget there was something wrong with their generation when they were younger.

Bit of a rant there, but yeah, it annoys me :smile:
Xchange, Smart, big kids, the Really Wild Show, 50/50,Smile, Get your own back :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by foodnom
oh god this is really taking me back! Anyone remember stupid and the DEVIL FINGERRRR or YOUR FACE GRAHAM!

Ace lightning
bamzooki
stitch up
the ghost hunter used to terrify me!

those S Club 7 programmes were so cringy! the acting was terrible

OMG I used to love that show :lol: I begged my mother to let me go on her computer so I could make one :biggrin:
Animals Of Farthing Wood, Mr Benn, Postman Pat (pre-helicopter era), Fireman Sam, Oakie Doke, Rosie and Jim, Tots TV, The Queen's Nose... :moon:
Round The Twist
Mona The Vampire
Watch My Chops
Yvon of the Yukon
The Queens Nose
Bamzooki
Kerching
The Story of Tracy Beaker
Big Kids
Goosebumps
Reply 93
Ah this thread is making me so nostalgic!

I used to love Raven, Tracy Beaker, Smile, Basil Brush (the earlier series) and Watch my Chops. There's probably more I used to regularly watch but these are the ones I remember.

I hated that program 'stupid', it used to really annoy me, as did Dick and Dom, the shows like that really got on my nerves!
Reply 94
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Watch My Chops! I used to love that show! :daydreaming:

This.
Reply 95
Oh the nostalgia...

Raven
Yvon of the Yukon
The Crust
Raven
Watch My Chops

(not sure if this is CBBC)

The cramp twins
^haha
Reply 96
CBBC was pretty ****e. Cartoon Network and Boomerang all the way!!

Johnny Bravo, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Top Cat, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy, Angry Beavers, Woody the Woodpecker, Cramp Twins, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Thundercats, Taz the Tazmasian Devil, Captain Caveman, The Flinstones, Pink Panther etc.

Why would you watch CBBC when all of these are on somewhere else?!?!
Reply 97
Dick and Dom in Da Bungalow. Every weekend morning for so many years. It was my dream to be in the house, never did happen though.

Watch my Chops. Loved the animation, and funny too!

Kerching! Just amazing.

The Crust. The goat was the highlight!!

The story of Tracy Beaker - the one with Justine and the Blonde best friend (I've forgotten her name!!), Lol and bouncer. The final series before it got bad was the one with the Well'ards in it. Too good.

The Queens Nose. It was funny and really underrated.

Basil Brush, of course :tongue:

On CITV, the worst witch, also a good show! And My Parents Are Aliens. Brian and Sophie, when with the original kids, were amazing.

Got really carried away there - just getting nostalgic. :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by NR09
CBBC was pretty ****e. Cartoon Network and Boomerang all the way!!

Johnny Bravo, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Top Cat, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy, Angry Beavers, Woody the Woodpecker, Cramp Twins, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Thundercats, Taz the Tazmasian Devil, Captain Caveman, The Flinstones, Pink Panther etc.

Why would you watch CBBC when all of these are on somewhere else?!?!

Cartoon Network was an awesome channel too. But Looney Tunes, Woody the Woodpecker, Cramp Twins and Taz the Tazmanian Devil were all on CBBC aswell. I'm sure a couple of the others mentioned were too.
Reply 99
Not CBBC, but Cbeebies, which I assure you is nowhere near as good as it use to be.
Come on where is this big fella now?
CliffordPage.jpg

Clifford the Big Red dog! :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending