The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Does Sheffield accept general studies?

Just logged into track to check the conditions of my offer to study at Sheffield, and noticed that they did not specify that they don't accept general studies:

This offer is subject to you obtaining:

GCE A level
Grades AAA including
English Literature

Does this mean that an A grade in general studies would be accepted?
Reply 1
Ring up the admissions officer and ask them directly, or send them an email.

Imagine this situation: Even if someone here replies 'Yes, Sheffield accepts it 100%', then the day comes and you didn't get in (turns out they don't accept it)... All you can say is, 'Well, I made a post on a forum and somebody told me you would accpet it'.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
to quote the prospectus:

We accept all GCE A Level subjects approved by Ofqual. A Level General Studies is accepted for entry to some courses

I would suggest that given how competitive Englit is, they are likely not to accept it. You will have to check, though, to be sure.
Reply 3
**A level General Studies is considered for entry to some of our undergraduate courses where taken alongside two A levels from the list of Acceptable A Level Subjects. We advise that applicants contact the Admissions Service as above as some courses do not accept General Studies.

From

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/policies/alevel
Reply 4
Original post by Shroob
Ring up the admissions officer and ask them directly, or send them an email.

Imagine this situation: Even if someone here replies 'Yes, Sheffield accepts it 100%', then the day comes and you didn't get in (turns out they don't accept it)... All you can say is, 'Well, I made a post on a forum and somebody told me you would accpet it'.

this.
Reply 5
I emailed Sheffield and asked too. For the Politics dept they do. But they did specify that they have depts that do and don't depending on popularity of the courses...
Does anyone know if they accept 2 AS in leui of 1 full ALevel

Quick Reply

Latest