The Student Room Group

What to text a girl you meet the night before?

Last night before I left the club I was at I asked a really quite beautiful bar tender (who had served me a couple of times earlier in the night) for her number. Unexpectedly she actually gave it to me, and so now I'm wondering what the hell do you write in a text to somebody you have never meet before? I never ask random girls for their numbers so have absolutely no idea what to write without looking desperate or whatever.

To make things worse I'm going back to uni next thurs so in a sense there wasn't much point me ever asking for her number. She was just so beautiful though, and I would feel really mean not making the effort to write a text or whatever. I only really want to get into a convo with her so I can say that I'm going to uni soon but I only asked because she is that beautiful. I don't want her to think that I only asked because I was drunk or feel rejected or whatever, even if she has a load of guys after her.

Scroll to see replies

'Hello, I am [your name], you gave me your number last night. I think you're really beautiful/great/pretty/whatever, and I'd really like to speak to you some more. I'm going back to uni in a week, though, but we could see how it goes. Bye.'

Keep it simple, keep it honest. If she's given you her number she obviously likes you.
"Hi, remember me from last night? I was wondering if you'd like to meet up, if you're not working [tonight/Tuesday/whenever you fancy meeting her] as I'd really like to see you again."

I don't think you should say she's beautiful/that you could see how things go yet, as that's a bit forward - at the moment you're only feeling her out (not that way :hmmm:).
Reply 3
Phantom Phoenix
I don't think you should say she's beautiful/that you could see how things go yet, as that's a bit creepy

Fixed.
Rhys.
Fixed.

I was trying to be polite, good job you're here to prevent it :p:
Reply 5
And don't forget to put your name!
Reply 6
Phantom Phoenix
I was trying to be polite, good job you're here to prevent it :p:

I do try :wink:
Reply 7
"Tonight. Same bar. 9pm sharp."
i was in a similar situation and i just texted the following:

mwah ha ha ha ha ha har!

needless to say i didnt here from her again!!
on a serious note i think you should ring her and not txt her it is much more personal and she can understand how you feel better

all the best mate...go for it
Phantom Phoenix
"Hi, remember me from last night? I was wondering if you'd like to meet up, if you're not working [tonight/Tuesday/whenever you fancy meeting her] as I'd really like to see you again."

I don't think you should say she's beautiful/that you could see how things go yet, as that's a bit forward - at the moment you're only feeling her out (not that way :hmmm:).

I agree - this sounds like the best text out of all the replies.

I wouldn't mention Uni yet and I wouldn't mention that you think she is beautiful (cringe).

Good Luck!
PsychoHamster
I'm wondering what the hell do you write in a text to somebody you have never meet before?

(Because you're gonna CALL her, and get her out for coffee. More manly that way!)

Phantom Phoenix

This is why you call and not text.
* Why should she forget who he is? less than 24 hours has passed. Unless she's been drinking on the job, and then...............:eek:
* He shouldn't wonder if she wants to meet up. If she gave him her number she expects him to call to arrange a meet.
* "I'd really like to see you again" is unecessary. Think about it, he's calling for a meet-up.......she KNOWS he wants to see her again..............
Reply 12
mr-breaker
(Because you're gonna CALL her, and get her out for coffee. More manly that way!)

* Why should she forget who he is? less than 24 hours has passed. Unless she's been drinking on the job, and then...............:eek:
* He shouldn't wonder if she wants to meet up. If she gave him her number she expects him to call to arrange a meet.
* "I'd really like to see you again" is unecessary. Think about it, he's calling for a meet-up.......she KNOWS he wants to see her again..............

this man knows what he's talking about :yep:
mr-breaker

Okay :erm: There's nothing there I can argue with, but I don't think she would dissect an informal friendly text in so much detail (if she did then she's scary!).

That said, you're right in saying that calling is better.
Phantom Phoenix
Okay :erm: There's nothing there I can argue with, but I don't think she would dissect an informal friendly text in so much detail (if she did then she's scary!).

I thought I knew women...............until I KNEW women.

Think about it......an attractive woman, gets hit on a ton. Most guys are gonna text her something similar to what you've written...........the OP needs to be different (while still smoothing it out). And he's ahead of the field because she gave him the number.

Also that text gives her at least two opportunities to get away from him.......she barely knows the guy. Why should she be frightened off?

That said, you're right in saying that calling is better.

Most of the times I texted first before calling :nn:
When I called first :yy:

DISCLAIMER: If I'm outside the EU, and her English ain't great, best believe I text her! I'm not spending £1.40 per min. to get dodgy directions :smile:
mr-breaker
I thought I knew women...............until I KNEW women.

Think about it......an attractive woman, gets hit on a ton. Most guys are gonna text her something similar to what you've written...........the OP needs to be different (while still smoothing it out). And he's ahead of the field because she gave him the number.

Also that text gives her at least two opportunities to get away from him.......she barely knows the guy. Why should she be frightened off?

Most of the times I texted first before calling :nn:
When I called first :yy:

DISCLAIMER: If I'm outside the EU, and her English ain't great, best believe I text her! I'm not spending £1.40 per min. to get dodgy directions :smile:

:rofl:

You give good advice, I hadn't thought about the hordes of other males chasing after this girl.
"Hey lol brb"

That'll keep her on her toes.
Reply 17
Sure it's her actual number? I know a few girls who work behind bars and regularly get asked for there numbers, they usually give it, but change the last number.
Reply 18
I dunno about calling her first, that'd freak me out if it was me.
PsychoHamster
Last night before I left the club I was at I asked a really quite beautiful bar tender (who had served me a couple of times earlier in the night) for her number. Unexpectedly she actually gave it to me, and so now I'm wondering what the hell do you write in a text to somebody you have never meet before? I never ask random girls for their numbers so have absolutely no idea what to write without looking desperate or whatever.

To make things worse I'm going back to uni next thurs so in a sense there wasn't much point me ever asking for her number. She was just so beautiful though, and I would feel really mean not making the effort to write a text or whatever. I only really want to get into a convo with her so I can say that I'm going to uni soon but I only asked because she is that beautiful. I don't want her to think that I only asked because I was drunk or feel rejected or whatever, even if she has a load of guys after her.

hey. Its ... from the bar. Are you working again on wednsday? if not lets go out and get a drink.

Latest