The Student Room Group

what do you classify as being fat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm normal BMI, wear size 10 clothes, but I can't see my finger if I put it underneath my belly.
Has the universe just imploded on you yet?

The test did not fail.
When you sit on a bus and it does a wheelie.
When people don't make fat jokes near you for risk of offending, you're fat/
Original post by sexbo
The test did not fail.

The reason for your test failing (which it did) is that I have diastasis recti, which causes the stomach muscles to be stretched out of place.

If you're trying to insinuate that I'm fat, I hate to burst your bubble of joy, but no, I'm not. Medically confirmed as it happens. So do grow up dear.
Reply 44
The reason for your test failing (which it did) is that I have diastasis recti, which causes the stomach muscles to be stretched out of place.

If you're trying to insinuate that I'm fat, I hate to burst your bubble of joy, but no, I'm not. Medically confirmed as it happens. So do grow up dear.

So you admit that my test would normally work for those who are not afflicted by Beer Belly Syndrome?
Original post by sexbo
So you admit that my test would normally work for those who are not afflicted by Beer Belly Syndrome?

lmao @ the fact that you assume that a condition such as diastasis recti can be attained by drinking too much. Geez how can anybody be so ignorant?

No I don't agree - I think body shapes can vary for a number of differing reasons.
When you sound like darth vader after walking up the stairs :ahee:
Original post by Hermione_moo
After a discussion at uni, it was surprising how different our views were on what we class as being fat. We know the BMI isn't a very useful tool, neither is dress size as it depends on your build and height etc.

But when you see a person what makes you think 'they are fat'?

On the other hand, where is the line with being too skinny?

Please be sensitive to others views etc, this is just for fun.

in my view fat is someone that doesnt have muscles but is full of fat in his body,{belly-flappy arms.etc..
he may not be overweight, that's the difference i can see... other thing overweight other thing fat.. dont you classify RONNIE COLEMAN overweight?? yes you do, but for sure you dont classify him as fat.
Reply 48
when you stand on the weighing scale and it says 'to be continued'
Reply 49
Anything above size 10 is usually pushing it.
Reply 50
lmao @ the fact that you assume that a condition such as diastasis recti can be attained by drinking too much. Geez how can anybody be so ignorant?

No I don't agree - I think body shapes can vary for a number of differing reasons.

Is Floating Harbour Syndrome caused by floating in a harbour?

You do know that I am trolling you right? I don't think you're fat, I believe you have a legitimate medical condition, and yeah I'm bored lol.
Reply 51
When you start finding raisins in your flab
Original post by mau5
Anything above size 10 is usually pushing it.

You are despicable. Average dress size in the UK is around 16 if I remember correctly.

Fat is an impolite term to use. When somebody begins to look like that picture a few posts back, that is "fat".

Skinny is when you can see the bones. Bones aren't meant to be seen. Human beings are meant to have a decent layer of fat under the skin for health and protection.

Curvy girls are where my taste lies.
(edited 12 years ago)
When you wear heavy jumpers in the summer
Reply 54
Original post by BigLampshade
You are despicable. Average dress size in the UK is around 16 if I remember correctly.

Fat is an impolite term to use. When somebody begins to look like that picture a few posts back, that is "fat".

Skinny is when you can see the bones. Bones aren't meant to be seen. Human beings are meant to have a decent layer of fat under the skin for health and protection.

If fat is an impolite term, then surely skinny is just as equally impolite? Average dress size is totally irrelevant as well, in fact the whole post is really isn't it? I don't know why I'm even entertaining such nonsense.

The average dress size is 14 the average person in the UK is fat,so technically a 14 dress size would be fat.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56

there is a massive obesity/overweight problem in the UK so wouldn't the average dress size be overweight which in turn people would reguarly class as fat ?
When you wear a belt around your middle and people mistake you for Saturn.
I think fat is when nothing you wear looks good on you because of your size..

I think after a size 18 it's no longer easy to find clothes which flatter your size. So yeah, above a size 18, IMO.
I'm technically overweight according to BMI. Nobody seems to think I'm fat though. All my weight is in my boobs xD
I'm a size 12 on bottom and a 14 on top (16 if the material isn't stretchy). I don't look that big to be honest so to me, BMI is totally irrelevant.
I'd say it's probably when you have rolls that go over the waistband of your trousers. Or when you're just not fit anymore. I think healthyness should be based on fitness level (where possible) rather than weight because there are too many variables.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending