The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidmarsh01
St Mungos (and Falkirk High, not sure about others) actually have a graduation ceremony.

And Denny.
Finished school yesterday. It hasn't really sunk in yet at all...

Anybody's year do 'leaving pranks' or whatever?
Original post by LonelySoul193

I studied... oh yeah! Talk about pushing the boat out!
Our school really cracked down on the leaver pranks this year which was rubbish :/

Finished today, we were told to keep it civil after one of the invigilators needed a hip replacement last year after the famous "loob on the stairs handrails" pranks, and we largely did, great laugh though.

-Water baloons/pistols etc

-Jumping in the pool fully clothed

-Trashing the rooms of a few teachers, obviously the ones that would see the funny side.

-And basic stuff like tying each other to things and putting each other in bins etc
Selling all my old Higher textbooks and I found 2000-2005 AH Biology past papers and 2004-2005 AH Chemistry past papers. I've never done AHs. :lolwut:
Reply 65

Som people attempted a flash mob in the main hall during lunch but the year head was on the lookout and intercepted it before it went underway. Fairly tame considering what some other schools do...
Original post by Sniggey
Som people attempted a flash mob in the main hall during lunch but the year head was on the lookout and intercepted it before it went underway. Fairly tame considering what some other schools do...

Sounds a bit petty from your head to be honest, if it was just a flash mob :rolleyes:

We got hold of a picture of our headteacher and got over 60 masks made with the image - about half of our year. So we all left registration with his lovely face on. It certainly freaked out some staff:

401664_3176865380477_1230887360_32243007_459563432_n.jpg

Also filled the glass walkway with over 1000 balloons, and even they didn't fill it as much as we'd have liked:

549222_3280506891312_1226739325_32206816_1140487941_n.jpg

Using the same picture of our head, my friend decided some photo-shopping would be necessary. We placed variations of this on the inside of doors of toilet cubicles: particularly girls ones:

398210_10151025002709782_723954781_13254807_54397897_n.jpg

AND we did a wee flash mob at lunch to Gay Bar. No one bar our year knew about it, so the roars of laughter at the first line were great. Not to mention, we had a routine for about an eighth of the song - which involved MUCH pelvic thrusting. All of this was done whilst wearing our masks, of course.

So yeah, that's what my year did. Not totally 'bad' like a lot of schools but meh, I'd rather make it cheeky and funny than insulting :smile:
Original post by Sniggey

Haha... Senior management at our school STARTED a flash mob in the joint.
Reply 68
Sounds a bit petty from your head to be honest, if it was just a flash mob :rolleyes:

Yeah, the guy is particularly uptight about such things. He'd said the week before that he didn't want any antics ruining the last day, and the year did have quite a good relationship with him despite his strict approach, so we decided a flash mob wearing coloured hoodies(two pet hates of the Senior management, hoodies and coloured non-uniform clothing) would be fun and well in order. Apparently not... :rolleyes:

Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Haha... Senior management at our school STARTED a flash mob in the joint.

Brilliant. There were some excellent guys in the SMT when I started secondary, but most of them have retired and our year head was no fun at all...
I dread to think what happened this year at my old school. This was the year that the head discovered the school meme page on FB. Apparently the assembly afterwards was a sight to behold!
Had my last ever day on Friday, was totally bizarre :|

We had an army theme, so nearly everyone came in dressed in camouflage, we had a person in a gorilla suit running around. It was attempted in the morning to take some classes hostage before registration but that did not go down too well. There was a rave to 'Call Me Maybe' in one of the social areas are break, post it notes on the wall, water fights in the common room, syrup on the hand rails and toilet seats, tin foiled furniture in the common rooms and in the toilets and the field and at the end of the day, the customary squirting people with water, flour bombs and I believe there was a bucket of custard/flour involved. Needless to say, the new rector who only started a few months ago was not impressed... :L

Edit:

Forgot about the facebook page that was set up for the Gorilla. It was posting things like "I'm gonna get you on May the 4th" and stuff to people who'd accepted it as a friend, unfortunatley some parents saw and thats when the complaints started.
(edited 11 years ago)
St Mungos actually have a graduation ceremony.

Someone needs to bitch-slap the clowns who run that **** hole. Honest to God. What a ****ing stupid idea. If they spent half as much time actually improving the school that they spend on formulating these half-baked High School Musical Disney ideas then the pupils might not turn out to be so ****ing retarded.

This makes my blood boil. I knew He Who Shall Not Be Named was useless but now he is actually turning into Mickey Mouse. Jesus wept. What pretentious pricks.
Original post by TheUnbeliever
Try graduating :wink: How's it going?

You're graduating? :indiff:

(Like real graduating, not wannabe American high school graduating :colonhash:)
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
You're graduating? :indiff:

Sure am! Assuming I don't completely flunk out, I'll be free as a bird eight weeks from now. Albeit a temporarily penniless one. :smile:
My last day of school we went in for a breakfast, watched a slide show of photos and did the usual shirt signing... We did the whole mucking rond in the common room during the year but nothing spectacular. (though how we got away with leaving all the furniture in a tower structure in the middle of the room over Easter I don't know, we came back and it was fixed no questions asked...)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Someone needs to bitch-slap the clowns who run that **** hole. Honest to God. What a ****ing stupid idea. If they spent half as much time actually improving the school that they spend on formulating these half-baked High School Musical Disney ideas then the pupils might not turn out to be so ****ing retarded.

This makes my blood boil. I knew He Who Shall Not Be Named was useless but now he is actually turning into Mickey Mouse. Jesus wept. What pretentious pricks.

I agree. Then they spend money on totally pointless things brought up by the "pupil council" such as Wii's for the PE department. Bloody Wii's?! That has to be the most stupid purchase ever, at a time when I had to buy my own Torrance Higher Human Biology book because the one I got from the school was in such a bad condition :colonhash:
Original post by ukdragon37
I dread to think what happened this year at my old school. This was the year that the head discovered the school meme page on FB. Apparently the assembly afterwards was a sight to behold!

I always wonder how they find those pages.

Mine was caught and they just phoned the admin and made him delete it. An assembly would've been some funny ****.
Original post by TheUnbeliever
Sure am! Assuming I don't completely flunk out, I'll be free as a bird eight weeks from now. Albeit a temporarily penniless one. :smile:

Time flies :eek: Have you had an ah-mazing time though? :awesome: Congrats :biggrin:

I can't believe I'm already starting honours this year :afraid:
I agree. Then they spend money on totally pointless things brought up by the "pupil council" such as Wii's for the PE department. Bloody Wii's?! That has to be the most stupid purchase ever, at a time when I had to buy my own Torrance Higher Human Biology book because the one I got from the school was in such a bad condition :colonhash:

Wiis?

*headdesk* What do you need Wiis for when you have the super-duper astroturf or whatever the hell it's called? :lolwut: Plus all the new gym equipment. Next they'll be putting Ghd straighteners in the toilets :facepalm2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Time flies :eek: Have you had an ah-mazing time though? :awesome: Congrats :biggrin:

I can't believe I'm already starting honours this year :afraid:

Actually, I'd say it was basically the three most loathsome years of my life with a few notable exceptions which were entirely unrelated to university. Have done a great deal of growing up, not that I was entirely childish beforehand. :p: I'm not sure I deserve congratulations, but thanks! Best of luck. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest