The Student Room Group

Level 2 Certificate Further Maths

Hi, this is for everybody doing the AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics this summer. How are you guys revising for it, and how have you found the past papers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I have been revising only by doing the practice paper sets, and the worksheets. The papers have not been too difficult; usually one or two questions catch me out.

How are you finding it?
Reply 2
its not been too difficult but there are a few things i find hard such as the calculus

do you know what is specific to the non calculator paper??
Reply 3
Original post by studentrc
its not been too difficult but there are a few things i find hard such as the calculus

do you know what is specific to the non calculator paper??

I was trying to figure that out myself, but I think the material isn't strictly spread out between the two papers..
Reply 4
oh ok

do u have any of the other practice papers apart from the ones on the aqa website?
thanks
Reply 5
No, I've just got Set 1-3 of the Practice Papers, and the Specimen Papers, and I have also been using some of the worksheets...
Reply 6
Does anyone know any good revision websites? Especially for matrix transformations.
I don't have any of the worksheets and only two sets of specimen papers. Would anyone be able to email me the worksheets?
Reply 7
could you upload the sets 1 to 3 and the worksheets??
it would be really helpful
Reply 8
We were only given them on paper, but I'll email my teacher and see if she can send them to me- they're quite long to scan in...
Reply 9
Can someone explain to me question 20a on specimen paper 2 (calculator):
Matrix A=
(4 3)
(1 1)

Work out the image of point P(2, -1) using transformation matrix A
Reply 10
Original post by kat2424
Can someone explain to me question 20a on specimen paper 2 (calculator):
Matrix A=
(4 3)
(1 1)

Work out the image of point P(2, -1) using transformation matrix A

It's just a normal transformation isn't it?
(4 3)(2 )=(5)--> You do 4*2 + 3*-1=5
(3 1)(-1)=(1)--> You do 3*2 + 1*-1=1

Oh and I am willing to send all of set 1-3 of the mock papers and the mark schemes if you want. :smile: Just message me your email address and i will send them.
Reply 11
Original post by lukeface
It's just a normal transformation isn't it?
(4 3)(2 )=(5)--> You do 4*2 + 3*-1=5
(3 1)(-1)=(1)--> You do 3*2 + 1*-1=1

Oh and I am willing to send all of set 1-3 of the mock papers and the mark schemes if you want. :smile: Just message me your email address and i will send them.

Thank you :smile: :smile:
my email is [email protected]
Reply 12
Does anyone know a rough grade boundary for these exams?
Reply 13
hey lukeface, would it be possible to send the practice papers to me as well at [Removed - please use PMs or post here] ? thanks
nope,and anyone who tells u they do are lying,
make sure u know what sin30,45,60,90 are,cos 30,45,60,90,and tan 30, 45,60 are cuz they could test u on that on non calc
anything e
Reply 15
how do you work out the limiting value
eg
write down the limiting value of
2n
------
n+4

as n -->
The answer is 2,
Because as n gets to infinity- tht sign, n gets very big and everything else becomes irrelevant so the answer is 2n over n, which simplifies 2 u can cancel the n's out
Reply 17
Original post by thetejmaster
The answer is 2,
Because as n gets to infinity- tht sign, n gets very big and everything else becomes irrelevant so the answer is 2n over n, which simplifies 2 u can cancel the n's out

Ahhhhh this is tomorrow! Does anyone have any tips for the proof questions???
Reply 19
could someone upload the worksheets if they have them
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending