The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Mikaila
Firm Lancaster. Leeds is good too.
Insurance Nottingham, definitely. The degree's nice as heck (so is the campus) and the offer's lower than your other ones.

Just asking. Why not bristol? o.O
Coventry now have a London campus.

What the hell happened?
Reply 302
Hey guys.

Question. I've got offers from Edinburgh and Durham of which I will make one my insurance...the problem is I can't decide which to choose because I would have thought Edinburgh the better uni, but they only want BBB, whereas Durham wants an ABB? So my question is if you were me, which would you elect as your insurance?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Nibbl3s
Hey guys.

Question. I've got offers from Edinburgh and Durham of which I will make one my insurance...the problem is I can't decide which to choose because I would have thought Edinburgh the better uni, but they only want BBB, whereas Durham wants an ABB? So my question is if you were me, which would you elect as your insurance?

Thanks in advance :smile:

What's your firm offer?
Reply 304
Original post by samanthaaaa
What's your firm offer?

Either Bath or Warwick for now since I still haven't heard back from LSE :frown:, leaning toward Bath though. :biggrin:

So which would you opt for between Durham and Edinburgh? :colondollar:
Reply 305
Do you guys think i'm doing the right thing by choosing Notts over B'ham & Sheffield?
Reply 306
Original post by Ree-Shay
Do you guys think i'm doing the right thing by choosing Notts over B'ham & Sheffield?

Both good unis, but nottingham seems more respectable. I would have gone for nottingham if they didn't reject me tho.
Reply 307
Original post by uxa595
Both good unis, but nottingham seems more respectable. I would have gone for nottingham if they didn't reject me tho.

Thanks for the advice - i'm rubbish at choosing (i'm always too afraid to make the wrong decision :smile:). BTW what uni are you thinking of firming?
Reply 308
Original post by Ree-Shay
Thanks for the advice - i'm rubbish at choosing (i'm always too afraid to make the wrong decision :smile:). BTW what uni are you thinking of firming?

I don't have an offer from Nottingham :P
I really liked them both, and so i'm going to firm Birmingham i'm thinking and insurance as Aston.
Reply 309
Hello
I have chosen hull brunel sheffield kingston east anglia to do accountancy and finance.
I have already left out sheffield as that course is a joint honours with information management.
I was just wondering out of hull brunel east anglia and kingston whcih is the best to do accountancy and finance? Personally I like brunel but I would like to hear other peoples opinions....
So just started back at uni last week doing auditing, applied management account and tax.

I'm ashamed to admit that I am really loving and enjoying tax.
All assignments completed for the academic year, five more exams to go in April/May and then I'm done! Flat is also sorted for the next year! :biggrin:
Reply 312
Hello everyone,

I know that there were plenty of questions like this but I hope you will be still willing to help me

I got an offer from the following courses:

MSc Accounting and Financial Management - University of York
MSc International Accounting and Finance - University of Stirling
MSc Professional Accountancy (fully accredited by ACCA) - University of Dundee.

I am totaly lost and I don't know what I should choose. I know that York is the most prestigious and after completion there is a chance to get a few exemptions from CIMA. Hovewer, Dundee is much cheaper and after completions there is as many as 9 exemptions from ACCA. As for Stirling it is like in the middle between these two in terms of price, location and programme.

What would you choose if you were me? Any pros and cons? At first, I was inclined to Dundee but when I got an offer from York I started to wonder... :frown:
Reply 313
Samantha , how are you ? i want to discuss something which is given below :

There is any opportunity at this forum to test the skills . Basicaly , my exam was over today ( Audit and other relevant papers) so now i want that there should be some arrangment of sample projects in which we can participate such as making audit programs , economic review or discover new financial resources etc.

Personally i am interested in audit programs and further all such work should be reviewed by recognize authority ( university or firm ). Then choose the best work and represent as quality work . Resultantly new learning will be available for all members at this forum.

I want to know that EY audit firm ICAWE are also affiliated with this forum . For this purpose i need your help to make some efforts and also talk to modrators & what is your suggestion. Please reply me . THANKYOU
Original post by Muddasir
Samantha , how are you ? i want to discuss something which is given below :

There is any opportunity at this forum to test the skills . Basicaly , my exam was over today ( Audit and other relevant papers) so now i want that there should be some arrangment of sample projects in which we can participate such as making audit programs , economic review or discover new financial resources etc.

Personally i am interested in audit programs and further all such work should be reviewed by recognize authority ( university or firm ). Then choose the best work and represent as quality work . Resultantly new learning will be available for all members at this forum.

I want to know that EY audit firm ICAWE are also affiliated with this forum . For this purpose i need your help to make some efforts and also talk to modrators & what is your suggestion. Please reply me . THANKYOU

I'm not entirely sure that's in English - I don't understand what you want from us?
Reply 315
I just want to apply the knowledge which we learned in respect of profession ( accounting , auditing & economics etc.) at this forum .Any one having knowledge of them & willing to share so a plate form is available. only providing the sample projects e.g. education fee is become high from 3000 to 9000 so how to make other alternatives by using the knowledge only for the betterment
Reply 316
A concept of ZERO BASE BUDGETING is given which will help you to understand how to make new budget for the current period on the basis for current circumstances. Anyone who wants to share something for the betterment so please contribute .

Understanding of BREAK EVEN ANALYSIS is very important for decision making at different level of managment.In simple way, a description & formulas are given to develop an understanding.

For Accounting students & any other person who wants to understanding of REVALUATION OF ASSETS so a simple & conceret description alongwith chart are given.

Anyone who is going to enter in the field of audit so no problem, UNDERSTANDING OF AUDIT FOR AIRLINE SERVICES provides a light overveiw for audit.
It will be pleasure to me if anyone is interested to share the knowledge.
(edited 13 years ago)
Muddasir
x

Hiya, that's quite a list but I still don't understand what you want? Are you asking questions (there are no question marks) or making statements?

Jessica
Reply 318
I am just making statements regarding what i did, only for the purpose to share knowledege & to learn new things from others if they are interested in making contributions
Hi everyone,

Do I have to subscribe to join this society or can I just post as and when?

I am in my second year, studying Accounting (Major) and Economics. Should really be revising:rolleyes:, but I stumbled across this haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending