The Student Room Group

Year 10 Mock GCSE Exams

First part of post:

At my school we have a 'Mock GCSE Exam Week' during which we sit past exams for our Linear Subjects. I got the following results:

English: C (:frown:)
Maths: B (:frown:)
Geography: A*
RE: A
Tech: A

I would like to know what grades I could get next year, when I sit my real GCSEs, if I continue to work hard and consistent? Also, are these good grades?

Thanks for any help :smile:

Second part of post:

How did your year 10 exams go?
What did you find hard and what did you find easy?
What grades did you get? Are you pleased?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Not sure if I could make a prediction about your grades but I have a feeling that the prevailing prediction as how much of an improvement one could make to their grades after a year would be by a grade.

As for my mocks, I did alright. We were kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum in each subject:

English: A
Maths: A*
Geography: C (Seriously, why did I pick this subject?)
Statistics: A*
Spanish: A

Overall, I am quite pleased.
Try to do plenty of work and don't worry too much about these results. I got a B and a C in my RS and History mocks :frown: but got As in both in the real exams. :smile:
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
A lot is going to change in the next year in terms of performance - if you listen in lessons, keep up with homework, etc. anyway!
Reply 5
Do you not do your offical GCSE's in Year 10? I have done more than half of my GCSE's already! Which the school get on Year 11 results day, and we only get back in september on the first day back. I'm very suprised there only Mocks, lucky you:smile: xxx
Over here we do mocks in Jan/Feb and state exams in June all in the same year. Most students improve between the mocks and the final big exams. If you have a year to go, you can improve SO much. You have a lot of time to really put your head down and study and revise. In saying that, you did really well in your mock exams. :smile: But you don't seem happy about what you got. So for next year, put your head down, do a lot of studying and hopefully you'll achieve those grades you are hoping to get!
To start, your grades arew very good and if you keep up your level of work, you could get those results in your GCSEs or even go up by possibly go up one or even two grades. For my year 10 exams, I got an A in RE, B in english, A* in history, B in geography and A in maths.
Reply 8
Original post by recurring500
First part of post:

At my school we have a 'Mock GCSE Exam Week' during which we sit past exams for our Linear Subjects. I got the following results:

English: C (:frown:)
Maths: B (:frown:)
Geography: A*
RE: A
Tech: A

I would like to know what grades I could get next year, when I sit my real GCSEs, if I continue to work hard and consistent? Also, are these good grades?

Thanks for any help :smile:

Second part of post:

How did your year 10 exams go?
What did you find hard and what did you find easy?
What grades did you get? Are you pleased?

1. Mock grades mean **** all tbh, and you can get whatever you want, provided you work for it.
2. They are good grades, but you will probably beat them in the real exams as you'll have another years worth of knowledge.
3. I did my mocks in the December of year 11 and I got mostly B's a few C's and a few A's.
4. I found the sciences easy and english the hardest.
5. I'll find out on August 25th :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest