The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do :'(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aal01
Hey guys...
I'm sorry for the late reply, but I thought I'd update you about my decision.
I've chosen to do AS again at my college. All the teachers said they'd support me in getting into medical school by writing me a great reference, mentioning my situation. Brian & Sussex university even recommended me doing AS again. So, here I am now... halfway AS, and it's going good.

Unfortunately, my mum is deteriorating in a hospice right now...and she doesn't have much left. :'(
My family and I are going through some horrible times right now... and we're just doing our best to keep things together and to move on, what ever happens. I just really hope my education doesn't get too much affected.

Oh and happy new year to you all. Hope this year will be a more succesful year, full of uni offers perhaps? :smile:

I am so sorry about this. I pray that your mother, yourself and the rest of your family can enjoy some comfort, and that your A levels go the way you would like them to. God bless!
Reply 21
Actually... this is the first time I got back on TSR since my last message and... my mum passed away an hour after I posted that message...
Other than that, everything is building up... the family is working hard to keep moving. but she will always be in our hearts. she was a great woman, with an amazing heart! I Love You Mum - So damn much.
Reply 22
UPDATE:

I got my AS results and I'm glad to say that I have achieved 4 As!! :smile:
I am currently practicing for my UKCAT examination on the 6th of September. Wish me luck!
If all goes well, I am applying to medicine!

Thank you guys so much for your supportive messages. You should really know that you've helped a lot and as you can see, I'm making progress. Keep up the good attitude and if you guys need anything, don't hesitate messaging me.
Reply 23
Original post by Otkem
University isn't for everyone.

DICKHEAD fam.
Reply 24
Original post by iSoftie
DICKHEAD fam.

It's not.
Reply 25
Original post by aal01
Hey guys...
I'm sorry for the late reply, but I thought I'd update you about my decision.
I've chosen to do AS again at my college. All the teachers said they'd support me in getting into medical school by writing me a great reference, mentioning my situation. Brian & Sussex university even recommended me doing AS again. So, here I am now... halfway AS, and it's going good.

Unfortunately, my mum is deteriorating in a hospice right now...and she doesn't have much left. :'(
My family and I are going through some horrible times right now... and we're just doing our best to keep things together and to move on, what ever happens. I just really hope my education doesn't get too much affected.

Oh and happy new year to you all. Hope this year will be a more succesful year, full of uni offers perhaps? :smile:

Even though I don't know you I'm happy your carrying on with your dreams and ambitions, I really hope your mum gets well soon I Can't imagine what you are feeling.
Reply 26
Guys...I made it! Starting Medicine in September!
Reply 27
Original post by aal01
Guys...I made it! Starting Medicine in September!

Nice one! :biggrin: Well done :biggrin:

Quick Reply