The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OliviaBambrough
Oooooo when did you recieve your CSM interview, ive sent my portfolio pics by post but havent heard back yet!
I've also applied for Chelsea and only got an email saying they would send me further info regarding my application, havent even been asked to send any pictures yet :s-smilie:

Dude, phone Chelsea up as soon as possible. They are notorious for being incredibly disorganised - last year they never even got back to me about the rescheduling of my interview, and this year they actually managed to forget about my application, essentially, because the person in charge of my fee status left. So be proactive! :smile:
Original post by Princeling
Do you think they'll bother sending out emails on the weekend? I'm thinking we might hear on Monday, but I was so sure we'd all have known by yesterday... it seemed logical, y'know? :s-smilie:

They might do, I've had emails from Slade during the night before. I think I read earlier in this thread that the rejections usually come out before the interviews but im not 100% sure.
Reply 602
Oooooo when did you recieve your CSM interview, ive sent my portfolio pics by post but havent heard back yet!
I've also applied for Chelsea and only got an email saying they would send me further info regarding my application, havent even been asked to send any pictures yet :s-smilie:

CSM was slightly different for me cause I took part in their summer school and Preperation for HE (widening participation) course. I spent a week there in the summer and was going once a week up until a couple of weeks ago, so the application process was different - I guess more like if I was doing my foundation at CSM.

About Chelsea though - Im really surprised you havent submitted a mini portfolio yet - everyone I know had to get it to them a week ago - you should give them a call and check whats happening!
They might do, I've had emails from Slade during the night before. I think I read earlier in this thread that the rejections usually come out before the interviews but im not 100% sure.

MMhmm, I've heard that in several places but if that were true then we will be getting interviews for sure :redface: I wish.

That's my fault, its what the tutor told me last year, but I guess its changed. Kinda hoping hey are doing it in order of when ur portfolio review was as mine was on the Friday but I'm sure someone on here will have some info to smash that theory. Oh welll, glasgow is technically my first choice.
Original post by rayray12310
That's my fault, its what the tutor told me last year, but I guess its changed. Kinda hoping hey are doing it in order of when ur portfolio review was as mine was on the Friday but I'm sure someone on here will have some info to smash that theory. Oh welll, glasgow is technically my first choice.

Hahaha my portfolio review was the first one avaliable, the monday I think and I havent heard anything yet. Sorry to smash your theory :smile: hehe
Original post by joverbena
Yes I expected the internet so I'm quite surprised they've sent a letter.
But so happy, I have an interview!!!

Here is a copy paste of what my flatmate sent me, kindly typing it out...:

you have an interview!

1 March, 11 o'clock

bring a 'selection of your work which represents your individuality as an artist, including, if necessary, images we have already seen digitally. Could you also please bring, or preferably email in advance to [email protected], two recent essays.'

interview btwn 20-25mins, wait till the end of that group of interviews before removing yr work

'We will be asking you among other things what artists you admire, what exhibitions you have visited recently and what books about art you have read. If you wish to prepare a list in advance, we won't mind at all.'

they enclosed a recent 1st yr reading list to give an idea of the kind of reading students on CFAP do

'please let us know as soon as possible if you can attend (or not) by emailing my colleague, Helen Kowalski at [email protected]

the reading list mentioned ISN'T included in the evelope

letter is from Joanne Bainbridge, Admissions Manager

it doesn't give her email address

2 ESSAYS? Damn, I best get started on that just in case. When did you send your portfolio off?
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
2 ESSAYS? Damn, I best get started on that just in case. When did you send your portfolio off?

30th Jan (this was my deadline..!)
Reply 608
Original post by mhlc
Got an interview for slade! any idea on when chelsea or Edinburgh let people know?

Same here! Congratulations!! Mines on the 8th of march, when is yours??
30th Jan (this was my deadline..!)

Oh few, maybe I'll have a couple of weeks longer to wait then because mine wasn't until the 15th. More essay time, hooray!
Original post by Farout
Same here! Congratulations!! Mines on the 8th of march, when is yours??

Well Done! Did they email you or send a letter? I'm so scared now! Haven't heard of anyone being rejected yet... ARGH
Reply 611
Original post by randombelle
Well Done! Did they email you or send a letter? I'm so scared now! Haven't heard of anyone being rejected yet... ARGH

Thank you! I had an email on Thursday.
I no how you feel, haven't anything from Goldsmiths yet...and people have been offered interviews:s
Original post by rayray12310

Nope, mine was on the Wednesday. :/ But my theory is the difference between BA and BFA. Which one did you apply for?

And for the Goldsmiths people, don't lose hope! My friend hasn't heard anything either, and I'm absolutely positive she'll get an interview, so.
Reply 613
Yes I expected the internet so I'm quite surprised they've sent a letter.
But so happy, I have an interview!!!

Here is a copy paste of what my flatmate sent me, kindly typing it out...:

you have an interview!

1 March, 11 o'clock

bring a 'selection of your work which represents your individuality as an artist, including, if necessary, images we have already seen digitally. Could you also please bring, or preferably email in advance to [email protected], two recent essays.'

interview btwn 20-25mins, wait till the end of that group of interviews before removing yr work

'We will be asking you among other things what artists you admire, what exhibitions you have visited recently and what books about art you have read. If you wish to prepare a list in advance, we won't mind at all.'

they enclosed a recent 1st yr reading list to give an idea of the kind of reading students on CFAP do

'please let us know as soon as possible if you can attend (or not) by emailing my colleague, Helen Kowalski at [email protected]

the reading list mentioned ISN'T included in the evelope

letter is from Joanne Bainbridge, Admissions Manager

it doesn't give her email address

Hi, I have to do my online application for Brighton by monday, I was just wondering what you wrote for the 500 words? Most of it is in my personal statement anyway so I don't know how much I should change and how different it should be. If you have any advice that would be great as i really need to get it done tonight! Thanks
Reply 614
Original post by kaylafrances
:smile: i'll let you know on fridaayyyy
I think they're coming to do internal interviews like for camberwell (which i think ran late too) so hopefully it wont be as stressful and prettty similar
Just try keep your mind off it... i just wanna hear back from goldsmiths and brighton nowww
and i'm pretty annoyed coz i recently got two photographs which are better versions of the work i submitted in my online portfolio that i can't just change
but apparently that's a silly thing to care about lol

Heyy, just read you've done an online portfolio to brighton, i need to get mine done by monday but this 500 word thing is confusing mee. Just wondered how similar to your personal statement it was? Most of what i need to put in the 500 words is in my personal statement anyway. Any advice you will have would be appreciateddd. Thanks
Original post by swade13
Heyy, just read you've done an online portfolio to brighton, i need to get mine done by monday but this 500 word thing is confusing mee. Just wondered how similar to your personal statement it was? Most of what i need to put in the 500 words is in my personal statement anyway. Any advice you will have would be appreciateddd. Thanks

hey
did you see my flickr?
also, it needs to be 500 words?! i dont remember any word count guideline thing
it wasn't taken from my personal statement whatsoever, and i havent read over it since mid december. I wrote about exactly what my practice is at the moment, in quite a reflective manner and just generally my interests that feed into my work. Just be natural and write what is going on in your work, tie it all together if that makes sense.
Reply 616
Original post by kaylafrances
hey
did you see my flickr?
also, it needs to be 500 words?! i dont remember any word count guideline thing
it wasn't taken from my personal statement whatsoever, and i havent read over it since mid december. I wrote about exactly what my practice is at the moment, in quite a reflective manner and just generally my interests that feed into my work. Just be natural and write what is going on in your work, tie it all together if that makes sense.

yeah just saw it, that really helps reading it! yeah it just said approx. 500 words not really a limit. Okay thanks yea that helps, ah i better get started on it then!
Original post by swade13
yeah just saw it, that really helps reading it! yeah it just said approx. 500 words not really a limit. Okay thanks yea that helps, ah i better get started on it then!

jeeeeeesus i just checked
mine is only 201 words
hopefully quality over quantity :smile:
if not then... ****
Original post by swade13
Hi, I have to do my online application for Brighton by monday, I was just wondering what you wrote for the 500 words? Most of it is in my personal statement anyway so I don't know how much I should change and how different it should be. If you have any advice that would be great as i really need to get it done tonight! Thanks

Hello, this is my 500 words ( i think i did count?), i just tried to make it more specific and updated compared to my personal statement, which was more general about me as a person. I advise maybe to make it very current about what you're into and working on at the moment and talk about one piece of work in your mini portfolio... seemed to work for me :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jverbe/6786526789/sizes/l/in/set-72157629024563661/
Hello, this is my 500 words ( i think i did count?), i just tried to make it more specific and updated compared to my personal statement, which was more general about me as a person. I advise maybe to make it very current about what you're into and working on at the moment and talk about one piece of work in your mini portfolio... seemed to work for me :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jverbe/6786526789/sizes/l/in/set-72157629024563661/

Don't post this on here for the same reason you shouldn't put your ps in the public domain.

Quick Reply

Latest