The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4900
Converted RBS today!

Not sure what my plan is for next summer, but it's nice to know I've got somewhere in the bag.
Original post by miml
Converted RBS today!

Not sure what my plan is for next summer, but it's nice to know I've got somewhere in the bag.

Well done - my friend did too! You may have met him :smile:
Original post by miml
Converted RBS today!

Converted = got an offer for Summer internship from them?

How do you do that? I thought they all fast tracked you to AC but that's it.
Reply 4903
Original post by Michael XYZ
Converted = got an offer for Summer internship from them?

How do you do that? I thought they all fast tracked you to AC but that's it.

Had an AC (interview and case study) on the last day

Got a summer offer next week.
Oh right! I didn't know they did ACs so early - is that just RBC or most others?
Reply 4905
Original post by Michael XYZ
Oh right! I didn't know they did ACs so early - is that just RBC or most others?

RBC don't offer SWs. I wouldn't say most other, but I've hear a fair few do that.
Meant RBS*
BNP Paribas anyone? :smile:
Did any1 get fast tracked from jp morgan?
Reply 4909
What has happened on the spring weeks you guys have been on so far? Anything I should do now to prepare for mine?
Reply 4910
Anyone else converted Barcap yesterday?
Original post by rtzj00
Did any1 get fast tracked from jp morgan?

A few people from the IBD week have been fast tracked for AC's, nobody has heard regarding fats track markets AC's.

Original post by I'mSet

Congrats. Only IBD people have heard so far. I know quite a few IBD ppl that converted, what are your initials? PM if you want.
Reply 4912
Original post by I'mSet

Original post by i_hate_teeth
A few people from the IBD week have been fast tracked for AC's, nobody has heard regarding fats track markets AC's.

Congrats. Only IBD people have heard so far. I know quite a few IBD ppl that converted, what are your initials? PM if you want.

Out of interest, were there any Durham students at the BarCap spring week?
Can anyone post up the numbers per university for their spring week(s)?
Reply 4914
Original post by Tara_99
Out of interest, were there any Durham students at the BarCap spring week?

There must have been at least 6.
Reply 4915
Original post by Scorcher
Can anyone post up the numbers per university for their spring week(s)?

Yes, it would be great. Last year the thread was full of these things.
Original post by aalex
Yes, it would be great. Last year the thread was full of these things.

I wrote up my one here :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1988140

Also just to give you guys some idea, apparently there were over 100 applicants per place this year!
Original post by Blue_Horseshoe
I wrote up my one here :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1988140

Also just to give you guys some idea, apparently there were over 100 applicants per place this year!

BS. Competition has never and will probably never be that high for SWs. Even Goldman only get 50 apps/place. You only get over 100 apps/place for summer, and even less so for grad apps.

To the SWers, which banks have held summer ACs for SWers so far?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zweihander
BS. Competition has never and will probably never be that high for SWs. Even Goldman only get 50 apps/place. You only get over 100 apps/place for summer, and even less so for grad apps.

What would you say is the standard "professional" background of a successful applicant for SA IBD in London BBs? I'm aware of the target/non-target issues, etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4919
Original post by Zweihander

BAML said 6000 applicants for 60 places, so who knows, competition might just be racking up.

BAML have sent out numerical / logic tests to be done.. then providing those have been passed, ACs in the summer.