The Student Room Group

What do YOU do when you see a spider in your room?

I get a piece of tissue, capture it, then either; release it if the window is open, or flush it down the toilet. I rarely see one

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I suck it... with a...va...cuum
Reply 2
Plead for my life.
I leave it be.

Spiders guard us from real pests while we sleep. We should be more grateful towards them.
Reply 4
Original post by HSG1992
I leave it be.

Spiders guard us from real pests while we sleep. We should be more grateful towards them.

Say whaat? Nobody told me about their guard duty...could you explain
Reply 5
Original post by swaggiee
Say whaat? Nobody told me about their guard duty...could you explain

Apparently we'd be knee deep in flies (literally) if spiders weren't there to eat them!
I can't remember the last time I saw one but I doubt I would bother getting out of my chair to do anything.
scream...

then throw various objects at it until it dies.

no i'm not proud of myself :frown:
Just pick it up with my hands and put it outside and watch my family run :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Tudball
Plead for my life.

This :zomg:
Reply 10
I'd pick it up with my hands/cup and put it outside. I don't like the idea of a spider (or any creature) moving around my room while I'm a sleep.
Well, I begin by having my breathing halted almost completely. After narrowly avoiding a massive coronary episode, I grab the nearest object with considerable heft and beat the ever-loving piss out of it.

Proud arachnophobe.
Reply 12
Freeze and stare at it, then slowly back off.
Reply 13
Freeze. Hyperventilate. Throw heavy object at spider. Ask someone to clean up the corpse for me.
Reply 14
Scream for my mummy!!!! :afraid:
Scream my head off & get mummy to remove it :cool: I know I'm a 20 year old man but oh well
spray it with deodorant til its dead
I always try to safely evacuate a spider from my room...by chucking it out of the window.
Reply 18
Where i live we have a traditional rhyme; you have to stand on one leg with your hands on your head and say...

Spidy spidy small and black
Climb the chimney
Don't come back
Original post by the bear
Where i live we have a traditional rhyme; you have to stand on one leg with your hands on your head and say...

Spidy spidy small and black
Climb the chimney
Don't come back

Rather appropriate rebuttal:

Quick Reply

Latest