The Student Room Group

How much do you squat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I can squat about my own bodyweight
Reply 21
110*5 at 67 :smile:
Reply 22
Personal best is 140 x 6 at 79. Last workout did 127.5 x 8 at the same bodyweight.
Reply 23
So so close to 1.5 bw. 2 more sessions and I'll be there hopefully.

Normally people would say 5kg isn't that close. But linear noob gains <3
ITT: Manlets take advantage of the non-linear relationship between body weight and strength.
Reply 25
1.6 x bw for 5
Reply 26
Original post by stayce88
1.6 x bw for 5

Post a pic of your ass and legs! Thanks
Reply 27
I haven't done 2x bw yet but I could if I attempted.

Not that bothered about chasing that at the moment I really want to push towards 180kg but without gaining weight. Think I will be pretty powerful then if I sort out other problems. I think front squats could be the key to sorting a lot of it out.
Original post by Jtking3000
ITT: Manlets take advantage of the non-linear relationship between body weight and strength.

Yeah, this.

It's not really impressive OP. I got a BW squat in like 3 weeks on SS but that's because I only weigh about 62kg (5'8").
Don't know squat 1rm or bodyweight. Winning.
Reply 30
5'10 78kg Squatting 160kg, so just over 2x

atg, no belt
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
depends really. if you actuially mean squat then im guessing most numbers in here are wrong. if u mean 1/4 squat then i can do bout 350.
Expected MHorman to be thread creator when viewing the poll

Left dissapointed.
Weigh 80kg. Squat 120kg. (no e-stat).
Reply 34
Original post by Jtking3000

Got stats? Just wondering. Most people can walk into a gym and do a bw squat given they got their form right practising which leads me to think that in untrained people at least, it is a linear relationship.
Original post by tooosh
Got stats? Just wondering. Most people can walk into a gym and do a bw squat given they got their form right practising which leads me to think that in untrained people at least, it is a linear relationship.

You kiddin me?

Most people will fall on their arse if their bodyweight is placed on their upper back.

Thats not taking into account how many people dont know what squat is, where the bar is comfortable and getting to the required depth to call it a full squat.

A really small portion of the world squat, few still dont know what a full back squat is.
Original post by tooosh

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
http://www.strstd.com/

These 2 websites are generally accepted.
200kg x 2 at about 90 something kg is my PR.
Reply 38
90kg*5 at 63.5kg bodyweight

Squats ftw!

Quick Reply

Latest