The Student Room Group

The Edexcel C1 (16/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did Paper D got 69, lost 5 marks on a stupid series question :l
How is Everyone revising?
Past Papers?
ANYone Got ENGLangLit Tommorrow as well as MATHS????
Reply 23
If you are struggling with any of the past paper questions visit this site examsolutions.co.uk and you can watch tutorials on how to do each C1 past paper question. Better than a teacher!
Reply 24
http://m4ths.com/

^ Is really useful, actually find him far better then Examsolutions

Original post by Salvatore8
How is Everyone revising?
Past Papers?

Yup I've done all edexcel ones, so I'm doing the soloman papers atm, gonna do the spec paper 2moro and do the ones I scored low in again.
Has anyone found any questions (or even whole papers) particularly hard?

I'm sitting it for the first time, but in my A2 year - so haven't done any revision as I'm concentrating on C3, C4 and M1 (I want an A*, and I really struggle with M1 - straight after C1!).

So was just wondering if there are any really hard questions I could do just to make sure I'm ready.
i don't understand one thing in the discriminant question...when they say it has no real roots then what do they mean?
Reply 27
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Has anyone found any questions (or even whole papers) particularly hard?

I'm sitting it for the first time, but in my A2 year - so haven't done any revision as I'm concentrating on C3, C4 and M1 (I want an A*, and I really struggle with M1 - straight after C1!).

So was just wondering if there are any really hard questions I could do just to make sure I'm ready.

The June 11 paper I did that last year and got 80 did that again yesterday and got 86... while in the others I've gotten at least 90+

Original post by DespicableMe
i don't understand one thing in the discriminant question...when they say it has no real roots then what do they mean?

it means b^2 - 4ac < 0

So the discriminant is less the 0, so from there you go on and solve
Thanks ^^...one more thing, i don't understand how to draw graphs of e.g y= 1/x+4 where you have to draw asymptotes and they also ask you to find the equation of the asymptotes.
Reply 29
Original post by DespicableMe
Thanks ^^...one more thing, i don't understand how to draw graphs of e.g y= 1/x+4 where you have to draw asymptotes and they also ask you to find the equation of the asymptotes.

Well do you know how to draw the graph 1/x right?
Original post by 0range
http://m4ths.com/

^ Is really useful, actually find him far better then Examsolutions

Yup I've done all edexcel ones, so I'm doing the soloman papers atm, gonna do the spec paper 2moro and do the ones I scored low in again.

Thanx alot! i'm Sure this will help me!
Really Need HELP on Asymptotes..
Can anyone Help?
Reply 32
Ah good luck everyone :smile: it's my first exam, worry worry worry....

I keep dropping marks solely on silly mistakes too! like not carrying on minus signs :angry:
Reply 33
guyz who got 2012 and 2011 may n june both mark scheme n question papers >???
Reply 34
Original post by danger-.-
guyz who got 2012 and 2011 may n june both mark scheme n question papers >???

http://www.mathspapers.co.uk/edexcel.html
Reply 35
As long as you have done all the past papers and have learnt from the mistakes you have made, then you should be able to get around 70/75 easily, right??

Also, time does not seem to be an issue as I seemed to finish within 45 mins at the most when doing the past papers?

And are Solomon papers that important?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
I got an A in January by just doing Edexcel papers not solomon paper, but i got a really low A :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by QwertyG
I got an A in January by just doing Edexcel papers not solomon paper, but i got a really low A :frown:

Did you do good on the past papers though??
Reply 38
Original post by vxrz
Did you do good on the past papers though??

lol i still got this...
Reply 39
I'm doing it first time on Wednesday :biggrin:

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Btw, there was this question which I struggled with:

Given that y=2xy=2^x find expressions in terms of y for:

(a) (i) y=2x+2y=2^{x+2}
(ii) y=23xy=2^{3-x}

It's from a solomon paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest