The Student Room Group

Higher English 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
What do you think the grade boundaries will be this year?

Between 64-70%. Nobody can be more specific than that:smile:
How do you think close reading was compared to previous years?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 682
Guys does anyone know what percentage is needed to get an A in higher english? Im very confused!! :-/ Help would be appreciated !! :smile:

Reply 683
Original post by Hira Ejaz
Guys does anyone know what percentage is needed to get an A in higher english? Im very confused!! :-/ Help would be appreciated !! :smile:

In the past few years an A has been around 64-65% :smile:
Reply 684
I think my exam went well for Higher English. But im just wondering about the folio. My teacher predicted my two essays at a 17 and 19, but I was told by other teachers that they are at about 21/23's? Are the SQA more generous with folio marking? Do folio marks usually go up?:smile:
Reply 685
Original post by Hira Ejaz

It changes pretty much every year but if I can remember it was 64% last year to get an A so would stay in that general area for this year.
Reply 686
Original post by Maryam A
In the past few years an A has been around 64-65% :smile:

Thnx !! I hope it stays that much :/ im hoping for at least 70% :smile:

Reply 687
Original post by Blue1234
I think my exam went well for Higher English. But im just wondering about the folio. My teacher predicted my two essays at a 17 and 19, but I was told by other teachers that they are at about 21/23's? Are the SQA more generous with folio marking? Do folio marks usually go up?:smile:

It really depends on what your teacher marks like in comparison. In general though, most teachers are harsher at marking essays than the markers who do it for the final grade. It is so difficult to estimate for Higher English though so the best thing to do is to not worry about it too much :smile:
Reply 688
Original post by Blue1234

MY teacher is very strict in marking and the reason he told me was that it makes us well prepared for exams and so we tend to get better marks than average !! I hope... :smile:

Quick Reply