The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
While on the subject of lovely welcoming Londoners, I hear the Chelsea Loyal are out for this one. Can't wait to turn the scum over like we did 2 year ago.
Reply 61
Chelsea loyal my hole haha. Scumbags.

I'm definitely not going to the City friendly now, absolutely raging. Mate pulled out and my job just hired a bunch of new people and dont have as many hours so I cant afford the trip at all now. Gutted, will have to wait until the student loans come in to make the trip up to Celtic park now.

Whats everyones take on Samaras? He done **** all for City but I reckon he'll do really well in the spl. He's not a bad player he just gets overwhelmed easily.
Reply 62
yeah that was me haha, they cant though the 'stadium' is rightly named cottage because its a pile of ****e!
Reply 63
Did ya all watch the match then?

Why can't Samaras play like that every week? When he was signed at City he would show those quick bursts of quality then start playing like a bag of ****e again, but was well impressed with that sprint. Would be good to see Celtic getting the best out of him, he's got the talent.
Reply 64
yeah i was satisfied with samaras but in truth i still think celtic dont play confident football. there's no spark other than mcgeadys run down the wing every now and then.

did you go to southampton/london? i was at both and i'd say southampton was 10 times better than london!
Reply 65
PaddyT
did you go to southampton/london? i was at both and i'd say southampton was 10 times better than london!

Are you on about the football or the support? Because Southampton was a bloody disgrace tbh, hardly anyone went and there wasn't even much craic in the town at all.

Fulham was immense. Charlie & the Bhoys were savage in O'Donoghues, and as for Brogans afterwards.... **** me!

Spent £300, lost my voice, slept across 5 seats at the back of the Johnny Haynes stand and was 110% steaming from Thursday 7pm till Sunday 4am. Best weekend in a long, long time!

Oh and btw, Chelsea boys all mouth as usual - didn't see a single Headhunter to be seen!!
Reply 66
No bother from them, then?
Reply 67
nah no bother but the pubs were closed for an hour after the game in london because they thought there would have and generally the bar staff around london was quite poor several places said no glass bottles (understandable) but instead of approaching the situation friendly they openly said "celtic fans are dangerous" but it was said that often by that many different bar staff it suggests it was the police who have said that. poor!
Reply 68
Probably looking at the behaviour of the huns in Manchester, because they were VERY lax and turned a blind eye to many many things and got bit in the arse for it.
Reply 69

I know the way certain mods on this board lean, so I won't say what I think of this. Not that it needs a caption anyway really.
Reply 70
I think thats funny as ****.
Reply 71
Jim-ie
I think thats funny as ****.

I don't. First of all, there's the way Boruc was treated for blessing himself (something a lot more innocent than this), there's the fact that Healy's family have Loyalist links, he's a Rangers fan himself, and the fact that he's supposed to be a professional but comes out with that, yet as a fan if you sing anything remotely political you get kicked out.

Would it be okay if Spurs were playing Chelsea and Robbie Keane put his shirt over his mouth & nose and fired off an imaginary Armalite?
Reply 72
I know what you're saying, its just not a big deal to me, you need to be a bit thick skinned about these things, or maybe I'm just thick skinned because I've grew up with that ****e all my life and can't be arsed with it. We oth know Boruc hates the huns as much as the fans do so he was getting as much a laugh out of it as Healy as doing that, he was just more subtle about it.

Its different when Gascoigne done it because he was generally an absolute pleb, and Healy isn't. Well, as far as I think so anyway.
Reply 73
Jim-ie
Its different when Gascoigne done it because he was generally an absolute pleb, and Healy isn't. Well, as far as I think so anyway.

I see it differently. Gazza was a wind up merchant, whereas Healy actually comes from a Loyalist background and supports Rangers. In all fairness, there's a good chance that's what he was doing on the 12th.
Reply 74
Probably was, thats where he came from, I know where I am when it comes to our commemorations. The only thing that annoys me is the ****e Boruc got for blessing himself like you said.
TOSCS

I know the way certain mods on this board lean, so I won't say what I think of this. Not that it needs a caption anyway really.

Totally inappropriate, but what was our fans reaction to this? Did they even see it?

On the Gazza debate: Gazza did it in the heat of an intense derby match after tons of abuse from Celtic fans, whereas Healey did this in a "friendly". While Gazza was rightly derided for his act, it was at least semi-understandable and the latest in a long line of one-upmanship gestures between players and fans of the opposite sides. I think Healey's is a worse act for a few reasons. Firstly, because there was no provocation. Also, it was in the immediate aftermath of the 12th marches when tensions were running high (and so, just like in the heat of an old firm match, it could have caused trouble in the stands). Finally, it was done in a match played by two clubs who have developed a good friendship and has jeapordised this.

I don't think this really backs up either argument, just my two cents worth.
Reply 76
in Belfast the 12th passed off fairly quietly.
Reply 77
i read in the sun "he is truly sorry because he should be a role model and not encourage this behavior, i can guarantee it will not happen again" may i add that he claimed he was provoked by a celtic fan who "said something". pathetic tosser.
Reply 78
tbh he is a role model for a lot of people here and has a responsability (along with the ifa) to knock that ****e on the head so an apology was likely. again, not a big deal to me.

anyone watch the 'boro match?
Reply 79
Jim-ie
tbh he is a role model for a lot of people here and has a responsability (along with the ifa) to knock that ****e on the head so an apology was likely. again, not a big deal to me.

anyone watch the 'boro match?

I watched it. Boring doesn't do it justice.

First half, not bad. Samaras had a few decent half-chances, but nothing to get excited about.

Second half, crap from a Celts point of view. Mark Brown made a couple of half-decent saves, but that goal was a bloody calamity - although probably unavoidable at that.

Thank god Jan pulled out another last minute winner, simply out of the fact that Boro - outwith Downing, Tuncay and Alves - are rotten and we shouldn't be losing to them.

God I hate pre-season.

Quick Reply

Latest