The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
no im stating that some people are just here to create conflict and always belive they are right!
extn
I don't think Islams contribution to English community is the purpose of this thread.

You've taken it on an unnecessary and off topic tangent.

I've also said that I don't care much for the purpose of the thread. :rolleyes:

If someone posts something - especially if it's the OP's first post - they should be able to back it up.

Again, I was asking, not attacking. You assumed I was attacking. I wasn't. Now move along.
zohaib01
no im stating that some people are just here to create conflict and always belive they are right!

The sky's blue. :rolleyes:

Sorry, weren't we spouting out obvious statements?
Reply 83
Kagutsuchi
The sky's blue. :rolleyes:

Sorry, weren't we spouting out obvious statements?

And your taking the piss and are here for an arguemnt Oh we are now :biggrin:
zohaib01
And your taking the piss and are here for an arguemnt Oh we are now :biggrin:

I'm taking the piss because your argument is weak.

You said :

"well it obviously looks like you've prepared your self to argue agaisnt anything i could say to defend the islamic culture"

If you can explain well enough, you should be able to persuade. The fact that you can't shows how weak your argument is, and how weak your contention is.
Reply 85
Kagutsuchi
*sigh*

Read the posts after that before replying.

Read the OP's first post:

I was not attacking, I was asking. :rolleyes: Not a ridiculous question. A ridiculous assumption on your part.

EDIT: As aforementioned, Christianity has shaped Britain to the country it is today. Perhaps you should read the posts in the thread before making conclusions.

Christianity has definitely shaped Britain more than Islam but I think that what the OP is saying is that Muslims have contributed to British society in many ways, so why do people tend to have a negative perception of us? let's be honest, if I say Islam, would 'peace' 'democracy' or 'equality' be the words that would come to your mind? I think not. But what if I said Buddhism? Then the word 'peace' would probably come to your mind.
We have reached this stage because of the constant distortion of the Islamic faith by the media. The media is controlled by corporations who do not like Islam. Believe me or not but Islam is the fastest growing religion in many Western countries such as the USA and Britain itself. Yet, there are people who obviously do not like this trend, thus they try to portray Islam in such a way that people will no longer associate 'democracy' with Islam.
I am sorry but to be honest, I noticed that compared to the rest of the world, Western people have a tendency to believe whatever the media, their government and people with high positions say. But why do people not do some research about this faith rather than simply regurgitating what powerful people say?
Reply 86
well he said somthing against evreything i had to say and and people like that are just arrogant who just think they are right and have a counter arguement ready and i dont know why you are making such a huge deal the main point of this thread was to find out why there is hatered towards islam not listing thier every single individual contribution to britian.
Reply 87
Kagutsuchi
Your face is stupid and your penis is tiny.

I'm sorry, aren't we insulting with no evidence to back us up?

actually i love my large penis and can provide photos if your that perverted

dont hate cause your never gonna get any..
itzme
Christianity has definitely shaped Britain more than Islam but I think that what the OP is saying is that Muslims have contributed to British society in many ways, so why do people tend to have a negative perception of us? let's be honest, if I say Islam, would 'peace' 'democracy' or 'equality' be the words that would come to your mind? I think not. But what if I said Buddhism? Then the word 'peace' would probably come to your mind.
We have reached this stage because of the constant distortion of the Islamic faith by the media. The media is controlled by corporations who do not like Islam. Believe me or not but Islam is the fastest growing religion in many Western countries such as the USA and Britain itself. Yet, there are people who obviously do not like this trend, thus they try to portray Islam in such a way that people will no longer associate 'democracy' with Islam.
I am sorry but to be honest, I noticed that compared to the rest of the world, Western people have a tendency to believe whatever the media, their government and people with high positions say. But why do people not do some research about this faith rather than simply regurgitating what powerful people say?

Oh the irony.

I've already answered the question you formed in your post.
Reply 89
Kagutsuchi
That is not what they're contributing to society, that is purely what they are advocating.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your own argument before descending into pompous implications.

You jumped on my post where I was replying to the OP where he stated the muslim teachers and doctors contribute to society and then divert it off course.

I was debating what they have done for society. I care not for the Islamic faith and why people attack it. You should read my posts before attacking them.

But the thread title suggests that your comments in this thread are pointless in that case, since they're off topic.
zohaib01
well he said somthing against evreything i had to say and and people like that are just arrogant who just think they are right and have a counter arguement ready and i dont know why you are making such a huge deal the main point of this thread was to find out why there is hatered towards islam not listing thier every single individual contribution to britian.

No, that's called debating well. :rolleyes:

You said that the islamic culture's contribution to British society is mocked and demeaned. I asked, you replied and they were stupid replies. End of.
They are in denial brother. They will meet Allah in the end, on that day; they will not be able to hide. :smile:
rupertj
But the thread title suggests that your comments in this thread are pointless in that case, since they're off topic.

The initial question was off topic, but it was a question fulled by curiosity. The reply provoked analyse and evaluation.

I'm not denying it's off topic, but pointless they are not.
sam854

You love your large penis? You penetrate yourself? How disgusting are you?

I'm not turned on by strap-ons. :rolleyes:
Reply 94
Kagutsuchi
Oh the irony.

I've already answered the question you formed in your post.

is that the one about Islam's contribution to British society?
Reply 95
Kagutsuchi
No, that's called debating well. :rolleyes:

You said that the islamic culture's contribution to British society is mocked and demeaned. I asked, you replied and they were stupid replies. End of.

well contribution can be done in a number of ways wheter that be individualy or as a group

islam had contributed as part of group to help the country combined with all faiths people and races they contributed together to keep this country in the running but thier contrubtion has not be acknowledged and saying muslims individuals contribution is not valid as a contribution for islam wellthey are representing islam and muslims throughout the uk whether you see it as a contribution or not you cant say muslims dont contribute in british welfare
itzme
is that the one about Islam's contribution to British society?

No.
itzme
These ideas are not ridiculous, some Muslims are just annoyed that so many Westerners believe what the media says (which is controlled by the West). I am studying politics and I can tell you that I came across statements like 'women and men are not equal in Islam', 'why should we accept Sharia law in Britain?', 'Ayan Hirsi Ali is hated by Muslims because she quit Islam'...
I really hate the one about Shariah Law: British people will NOT have to embrace it, it's just for Muslims who would feel more comfortable with Shariah Law than with British Law. Students in my class could not believe when I said I'd rather have my case dealt according to the teachings of Islam. They simply do not understand that as a Muslim and a non-Westerner, British Law is not always appropriate (please do not be offended, but our values are different on MANY aspects).
So if British law isn't appropriate to them and they feel more comfortable with Islamic law, why move to Britain? :dontknow:
Reply 98
sam854

Pics, or GTFO.
Reply 99
Kagutsuchi
You love your large penis? You penetrate yourself? How disgusting are you?

I'm not turned on by strap-ons. :rolleyes:

LOL still making urself seem like more of an idiot...

to love an item/body part, you do not need to ram it up ur own arse, maybe thats why you seem so stuck up, your trying really realllllly hard to like the look of your head, you can do all the sticking you want it aint going to get any better love.

your not turned on by strap-ons?

ermmmm congratulations :top: :top:

Latest

Trending

Trending