The Student Room Group

Summer Playworker

Hi Guys
I need your help URGENTLY!
I have an interview to become a playworker for a summer playscheme. When I applied I wasn't to sure that I would even get an interview as I have not had experience in this sector apart from work experience for 2 weeks in a nursery in year 10! But, to my suprise, I got an email inviting me to an interview. Can anyone help me! What may they ask me? I don't think it matters that much that I have no experience or qualification relating to childcare as I took my A levels. HELP!
inziebaybee
Hi Guys
I have an interview to become a playworker for a summer playscheme. When I applied I wasn't to sure that I would even get an interview as I have not had experience in this sector apart from work experience for 2 weeks in a nursery in year 10! But, to my suprise, I got an email inviting me to an interview. Can anyone help me! What may they ask me? I don't think it matters that much that I have no experience or qualification relating to childcare as I took my A levels. HELP!

Why do you want this job?
Why should we choose you?
What do you think are the three most important things about being a playmaker?
What pants are you wearing?
The main thing they will want you to show is enthusiasm to work with children.

They wouldn't have invited you for interview if they wanted you to have qualifications/experience in childcare, so just try and relax and be yourself, as that is what they will want to see.
I work as a playworker in the holidays and at the after school club. Questions will be the obvious (why do you want this job, what experience do you have working with children etc) and then "what activities would you suggest for outdoor play/indoor play?", "what types of activities should be available on a daily basis?", "have you any experience of working in a team?", "how would you deal with bad behaviour and children falling out/being left out of a group?", "would you be willing to take part in training courses?" etc etc.
Any questions about being a playworker then just ask me. :smile:
I had an interview for that sort of job and was asked questions like 'What would you do if you suspected another staff member was abusing a child?'
Reply 5
Thank you soo much everyone for all your responses. Got my interview in a couple of hours so I will let you all know how it goes! Wish me luck!
Good luck! :hugs:
inziebaybee
Hi Guys

I also had an interview and I got the job... They not only asked me all of the questions ipswichblade answered with but also we discussed child confidentiality and how I would deal with situations which arise if say a child confides in you about abusive parents etc..
Reply 8
thanks chopinNocture, oh, really, and what did u say? Congrats on the job!
scott202
I also had an interview and I got the job... They not only asked me all of the questions ipswichblade answered with but also we discussed child confidentiality and how I would deal with situations which arise if say a child confides in you about abusive parents etc..

Congrats. :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending