The Student Room Group

Disney theme costume ideas?

I'm going to a disney themed fancy dress party in a few weeks but I really can't think of what to go as. I don't want to go as something predictable or something really girly like a princess..more unusual things would amuse me, any ideas? :smile:
(Something like i was thinking of Mrs Potato Head from toy story but the outfits are like £50)

Also a link to a costume or ideas on how to make them would greatly be appreciated
Reply 1
Go as Wall-E?
Reply 2
Or Eve seeing how you're a girl if you can get them costumes?
Reply 3
Jessy from Toy Story? Mrs Potatoe head? Marie? Jasmine?
Reply 4
Lucy :)
Or Eve seeing how you're a girl if you can get them costumes?

I had to look up who Eve was and love the idea aha. I'll look into a costume because tbh i'd prefer to just buy one than make

Hardest thing is finding costumes for adults and not children
Reply 5
Mufasa? :getmecoat:

Pocahontas, Jasmine, Esmerelda, little mermaid ( :erm: )

I'll post some more in a bit but Jessy from Toy story seems like a good idea
Reply 6
:eek: You can buy potato head costumes? I want one!! Lmao.

Lets see... An aristocat? Dumbo? 101 Dalmations? Thumper from bambi? Pocahontis? Tinkerbell? The little mermaid (wear a tail and everything!)?
Reply 7
Go as a Dalmatian.
Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Steamboat-willie.jpg

Wear a plain black top with sleeves, white shorts, black tights, white shoes & paint your face white maybe with a black nose. Make the hat and ears. Oh and black gloves.

Never seen it done before but it's original :biggrin:
Reply 9
Boo_x
I had to look up who Eve was and love the idea aha. I'll look into a costume because tbh i'd prefer to just buy one than make

Hardest thing is finding costumes for adults and not children

I had a quick look and couldn't find any :frown: Although I only clicked on 2 links so :p:
Reply 10

This has to be one of the coolest costumes I've ever seen! And its home made...! :eek3:
Reply 11
This has to be one of the coolest costumes I've ever seen! And its home made...!

lol that is pretty awsome. i quite like this one

you could go as that mouse in the rescuers? is that disney? or a centuar from fantasia. just look around OP :biggrin:
Reply 12
plushymcmuffin
Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Steamboat-willie.jpg

Wear a plain black top with sleeves, white shorts, black tights, white shoes & paint your face white maybe with a black nose. Make the hat and ears. Oh and black gloves.

Never seen it done before but it's original :biggrin:

That actually is really original, good idea

I've found some ears/bow/tail for a dalmatian I just need some kind of spotty top to go with it which i'm in the process of looking for.
I do like the Jessy idea too but I think that might be quite common...having said that i bet a dalmatian is too
taking inspiration from the dalmation idea above, i think cruella deville would be a good idea. it could be cheap if you already have a dark or red dress (anything bold, smartish really). wear heals, have dark makeup, get red lips and red nails (or do them black with white dots) (or see if anyone you know has those longer gloves) see if you could find a spotted scarf then buy the wig!
oh and use an eyepencil to extend your eyebrows in a little so they look like they go down scorning - as easy way to make yourself look angry!

http://www.fancydressfast.com/cruella-ville-whiteblack-p-1221.html : one place, they're probably cheaper elsewhere.
-Ariel
-Jasmine
-Belle
-Maid Marian
-Snow White
_evil step mother
-anatstacia
-driesela
-fairy godmother
-minnie mouse
-Pocahontas
-Wendy
-Lady
-Alice
-queen of hearts
-aurora (sleep beauty)
-the three good fairies
-daisy duck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_characters

and yes cruella is a good idea and it's probably easier to carry out too
Boo_x
That actually is really original, good idea
I've found some ears/bow/tail for a dalmatian I just need some kind of spotty top to go with it which i'm in the process of looking for

my sister did this for a fancy dress party once, she just bought a plain white tshirt and drew spots on it using a sharpie. it worked really well and it only cost her about £3 :smile: (£2 top from primark, £1 for the sharpie)
Tinkerbelle is quite easy to make a costume for :smile:
My friend went as tinkerbelle one year and wore a green leotard kind of thing and then a tutu and then used accessories to make it more Disney! It looked really good and was cheap :smile:
U should go as olaf xx
I like when girls wear theme based top when they are going to shop .....Actually, most of the time I prefer to shop trendy dresses from the online stores.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest