The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Railway station to campus help!

Just wondering if someone could tell me the easiest way to get from the railway station to the management school, as I have no idea where I am going and have a meeting there on Thursday.

I know I can get the X1 bus but does this drop me near the management school? How far away is the drop off point?

I could get a taxi, does anyone know approximately how much this would cost? and would they be able to drop me outside/near the management school.

Any help is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
you cant get dropped off right outside the management school(unless you get a taxi and go round the outer perimeter(the blue line in my image)). the x1 could drop you off at the underpass, which is a road that runs under the main university square. you can walk from the square down 'the spine'(a long walkway from on end of the campus to the other, off which you can find pretty much everything) towards the management school.
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/travel/images/campus10.pdf
unedited map ^^^^^
management school is number 52, the main square is number 31. the underpass bus stop is 33.

The red line is the route through the university down the spine
and the blue line is another route round the outer road either will get you there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Expanding on jay's post above, The X1 goes north campus (County, Bowland, etc), but the management school is further south. If you get dropped off at the underpass its only about a 5 minute walk.

dont be daunted by the campus map, it looks huge on paper, but its really not that bad :wink:
Reply 3
Thanks for both of your replies....they have helped me. The management school looked quite far away from the underpass but if its only 5 minutes that's great :smile:
Reply 4
I can if i'm in a rush get across from county college to management in under 5 minutes.
Reply 5
yea, as curtisjk said dont be scared by the map, its not as big and scary as it looks. ive walked from cartmel south(far southern tip) to county (far northern tip) in 15 minutes. im sure there are faster walkers out there that can do it in less.
Original post by sunseeker1234
Thanks for both of your replies....they have helped me. The management school looked quite far away from the underpass but if its only 5 minutes that's great :smile:

There is one other place where the busses are stopping at the moment. I'm not sure about the bus from the train station, but some of them are stopping here.

If you look on the map posted above there is a temporary bus stop between Farrer Avenue and Gillow Avenue, about half way between the management school and the underpass.
Original post by J1mjam
yea, as curtisjk said dont be scared by the map, its not as big and scary as it looks. ive walked from cartmel south(far southern tip) to county (far northern tip) in 15 minutes. im sure there are faster walkers out there that can do it in less.

I've done it in 2 minutes.

Then again, that was on a day when I was late for a lecture and so jumped on the motorbike to ride down there :P
Reply 8
Original post by mackemforever
There is one other place where the busses are stopping at the moment. I'm not sure about the bus from the train station, but some of them are stopping here.

If you look on the map posted above there is a temporary bus stop between Farrer Avenue and Gillow Avenue, about half way between the management school and the underpass.

Nahh the X1 does the route round County.
Original post by cambo211
Nahh the X1 does the route round County.

Fair enough, just thought I should mention as I wasn't sure!

Quick Reply