The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if having IBS will put me off as a candidate for work there? I've got to declare it on a health form :/.
Reply 21
Just thought I'd say that there were no vacancies in my area on the royal mail page. After having joined reed.co.uk for less than a day they had already contacted me to arrange an interview for a position at royal mail - one that is not advertised as a christmas casual but rather just a temporary job - happens to be over the christmas period, though :rolleyes: .

But yeh, better pay than christmas casual and the choice of hours :smile: . Just hoping it all goes well tomorrow. I must say the agencies I've joined have been better than I'd have thought. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Hi all!
I've read about Christmas casual in the Royalmail website. Do you think they keep also foreign people? And what about the National Insurance number? Do I need it?
I need a job for December and I'd like to find it in Uk.
Thank you all!
Reply 23
ostpunkt
Hi all!
I've read about Christmas casual in the Royalmail website. Do you think they keep also foreign people? And what about the National Insurance number? Do I need it?
I need a job for December and I'd like to find it in Uk.
Thank you all!

Yeah, they actually have quite alot of foreign employees. Also, yeah I think you do need your National insurance number along with other proofs of your identity such as "Passport OR Long Birth Certificate OR other proof of right to work in the UK" Addtionally, you'll need your bank details along with "a utility bill for proof of address (Gas, Electricity etc).

Oh yeah, I found it that they can now employ 16-17 year as well :biggrin: since they sent me another letter today giving me details of more registration days.
Reply 24
where can i find the Job reference? thanks
Reply 25
rodman
where can i find the Job reference? thanks

Not sure about the job reference, maybe if you see an ad in a local paper etc? Check out the websitehere. Put in your postcode and it will tell you if they have any vacancies around your area.

Has anybody been to a registration day yet? I got a letter telling me to attend one on Wednesday, was just wondering what it was like? Any info on the test/interview much appereciated.

Thanks

Ronnie
Reply 26
ronnie_s
Not sure about the job reference, maybe if you see an ad in a local paper etc? Check out the websitehere. Put in your postcode and it will tell you if they have any vacancies around your area.

Has anybody been to a registration day yet? I got a letter telling me to attend one on Wednesday, was just wondering what it was like? Any info on the test/interview much appereciated.

Thanks

Ronnie

I think if you go to the registration day you've practically got the job. Basically, all they want to do is make sure everything on your application checks out and they show you the environment you'll be working in and the tasks you'll be performing.
Reply 27
ok cool,
thanks for that
Reply 28
ronnie_s

Thanks

Ronnie

okey thanks, I was looking job in london but they dont have any, only 19.2 miles away from london
I had my registration day today where they just checked all my forms/ID and said I'd get a call within 3 days. My local office are only taking on temps for 2 weeks full time work before xmas (and it coincides with the uni hols - yay!).

I must say it was much less in depth than I thought it would be...when I applied a couple of years ago I had to do postcode tests and all sorts! Who says their standards as a company are slipping lol :biggrin:
I agree! Don't work for Royal mail. My husband is working for them, he works almost 12 hours a day without a break, he;s always tired, he got bitten by a dog and took time off for his injury and they are theatening to fire him for that, firing him even though it's their responsibility!! We hardly get any time together and it's ripping our marriage apart. If you value your sanity and your family, just DON'T is my advice.

Latest