The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
24 month contracts are always tricky...you really don't want to get tied down for that long unless you can wait it out and even then its still a bit meh...if you manage to get that offer for 18 months it would be a bit better.

I know it's not ideal :s-smilie: I think I'd struggle to get a good deal on an 18 month contract, though. I'm using the £17/month dialaphone prices as a rough benchmark, which is for a 24-month contract. Dropping that down to 18 months takes the monthly price over £23, which works out more over the 18 months than £17 for 24 months.

I suppose that as it's a new phone, the Desire S should last me a reasonably good length of time?

I'm not sure how far to believe their "computer says no" response when I spoke to Vodafone... :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Illusionary
I know it's not ideal :s-smilie: I think I'd struggle to get a good deal on an 18 month contract, though. I'm using the £17/month dialaphone prices as a rough benchmark, which is for a 24-month contract. Dropping that down to 18 months takes the monthly price over £23, which works out more over the 18 months than £17 for 24 months.

I suppose that as it's a new phone, the Desire S should last me a reasonably good length of time?

It's a new phone however with the new dual core phones sprouting out left right and centre it's going to be old pretty quickly (in comparison to other phones). However that doesn't mean your Android experience won't be good, I'm just saying that if you were planning to sell it in 24/18 months time you won't get a lot for it.

Have a look around on HUKD and other websites to find a decent deal and talk to the sales rep for Vodafone whenever they phone back and keep going on about being a loyal customer and stuff (I'm sure your savvy enough to know all this) and after all the guy on the other end wants a commission. :wink:

I'm not sure how far to believe their "computer says no" response when I spoke to Vodafone... :rolleyes:

That's rubbish, it does come down to luck a bit though too tbh but still...talk to their manager or something. That's what I always do in the shop to get a good deal (and tbf it works...not tried it over the phone though) :p:
(edited 12 years ago)

:colondollar:
Reply 43
Wooh :>D
Reply 44
In was going to pre-order MW3..then I realised its coming on in November..lol
Reply 45

:awesome: Nearly 2 and half hours after the last post in the previous thread :biggrin:

I wish I had the attention span to get all the trophies in a game. GT5 is the most complete I have at 62% :frown: Still a long long way off finishing that. May go back and do some more endurance races after my exams :colone:
Reply 46
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
It's a new phone however with the new dual core phones sprouting out left right and centre it's going to be old pretty quickly (in comparison to other phones). However that doesn't mean your Android experience won't be good, I'm just saying that if you were planning to sell it in 24/18 months time you won't get a lot for it.

Have a look around on HUKD and other websites to find a decent deal and talk to the sales rep for Vodafone whenever they phone back and keep going on about being a loyal customer and stuff (I'm sure your savvy enough to know all this) and after all the guy on the other end wants a commission. :wink:
:yes: That's the idea, and why I gave up and said in effect "come back with a better offer". A bit of a shame thoug, as I was starting to look forward to getting a new phone quickly. :colondollar:

Re the contract length, I can still get a reasonable price on eBay (~£60) for my Tocco Ultra, which isn't all that bad...
Original post by dhr90

:awesome: Nearly 2 and half hours after the last post in the previous thread :biggrin:

I wish I had the attention span to get all the trophies in a game. GT5 is the most complete I have at 62% :frown: Still a long long way off finishing that. May go back and do some more endurance races after my exams :colone:

I'm not doing 24hrs races in A spec without the in-race save function, if it happens - it was confirmed, not sure if released yet.

Edit:
Not realeased yet. Also platinum is impossible with a DS3 for the Vettel challanges.
(edited 12 years ago)
I was going to go for platinum on GT5 but the Vettel Challenges are just so stupidly impossibly difficult that i gave up with the entire game. I could complete the rest of the game but without the crazy mad skills to do them it's not as fun.
(I do know people that have done the challgnes and they're not technically impossible but they were using G25/G27s iirc and they're also pro gamers so it's a bit different...
Reply 49
Original post by MHorman
Tbh i use the Ps3 controller that's shaped like a 360 controller as i can't stand the standard Ps3 controller.

No offence to PS3 but the controller is inferior by a long way.:colone:

Which is the 360 shaped one?
And... go :biggrin:

Twice in a row now :king1:

LOL time to hand in the trophy :smile: I shall not underestimate your powers lol
the 1000 reply will be mine :biggrin:
Reply 52
:yes: That's the idea, and why I gave up and said in effect "come back with a better offer". A bit of a shame thoug, as I was starting to look forward to getting a new phone quickly. :colondollar:

Re the contract length, I can still get a reasonable price on eBay (~£60) for my Tocco Ultra, which isn't all that bad...

Yeah they're always a pain in the royal behind...I wish you could just be like 'Look we both know where this is going so gimme the best price available' and be done with it rather than having to haggle forever and a day with them. Saying that I am very much liking being on the Tesco rolling contract and buying a phone whenever I want. So much flexibility :p:
I've got gold on Monza for the Vettel challenge with a DS3, but how the hell do you do Nurburgring and Suzuka?! I've tried to replicate the videos on youtube and practiced a lot on my own but still can't gold, only close to silver.
Original post by kuks
Which is the 360 shaped one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerA-Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B003V4AK8E%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJASE6HSSVXTNREYQ%26tag%3Dsmarterfox-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB003V4AK8E

Dunno where the best place to buy it is.

I just typed in the SKU number off the back of it and the interwebs found it for me...

It's EPICAALLY comfortable and the triggers are a billion times better then the DS3 ones.
Reply 55
Original post by MHorman
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerA-Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller/dp/B003V4AK8E%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJASE6HSSVXTNREYQ%26tag%3Dsmarterfox-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB003V4AK8E

Dunno where the best place to buy it is.

I just typed in the SKU number off the back of it and the interwebs found it for me...

It's EPICAALLY comfortable and the triggers are a billion times better then the DS3 ones.

What about analog stick deadzones? All 3rd part controllers seem to have them :frown:
Original post by kuks
What about analog stick deadzones? All 3rd part controllers seem to have them :frown:

It's seemed fine to me whenever i've used it tbh... But i'm probably the gamer to play around a small thing like deadzones and just carry on rather than worrying about or noticing them...

It's wireless as well through a little USB dongle thing and just plug it in to charge it when not playing.
Reply 57
Original post by spikeymike
I'm not doing 24hrs races in A spec without the in-race save function, if it happens - it was confirmed, not sure if released yet.

Edit:
Not realeased yet. Also platinum is impossible with a DS3 for the Vettel challanges.

In-race save would be great. I would be much more willing to do the endurance races with that function. I have yet to try the Vettel challenge car.

Killzone 3 is having a double XP weekend for online play from 5pm friday to 10am Monday to celebrate PSN returning and there may be more to come as well: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/news/2011-05-19_double-xp.html Bad timing :frown: I have an exam on Tuesday so will probably miss out on this.
Original post by dhr90
In-race save would be great. I would be much more willing to do the endurance races with that function. I have yet to try the Vettel challenge car.

Killzone 3 is having a double XP weekend for online play from 5pm friday to 10am Monday to celebrate PSN returning and there may be more to come as well: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/news/2011-05-19_double-xp.html Bad timing :frown: I have an exam on Tuesday so will probably miss out on this.

Funny you say that because you're on PSN right now. :smug:
Reply 59
Original post by spikeymike
Funny you say that because you're on PSN right now. :smug:

:ninja: No I'm not :ninja:

Had some time to kill before I head to the library. I can't work in my room, so if I'm home I may as well play a game now instead of later.

Latest