The Student Room Group

GIRLS, what do you eat daily?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Friar Chris
You may be wondering what the cause of the positive rep is. Allow me to explain:

Crumpets rock.

That was all.

crumpets are brilliant, but only when you smother them in so much butter/marge they become like sponges

mmmm :cool:
Breakfast: Steak with tartar sauce (from the night before), with a side of chips.

Lunch: bun and cheese and coffee on the run.

Dinner: a bowl of cereal and half a glass of milk

Late night snack: slice of pizza and a tall glass of cranberry juice.

I also tend to eat more shortly before my period, which might be biologically justifiable...I'm just too lazy to verify.

I'm 5'5" and 8 stones, but really, it's a matter of metabolism. Some people can eat a horse and never gain weight, whilst others merely have to look at a plate of pasta and their thighs start growing. There's no basis for comparison, as such.
Original post by metric
crumpets are brilliant, but only when you smother them in so much butter/marge they become like sponges

mmmm :cool:

I wasn't aware there were any other ways to eat crumpets? :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Reply 23
I eat whatever I fancy, in small portion of course. Not a fan of junk food.
Reply 24
Breakfast: Cereal (bran flakes + raisins), sometimes just a yoghurt, or a bagel + Nutella if I've bought any.
Yoghurt/apple for a mid-morning snack
Lunch: I don't really do lunch, I feel too full if I have a sandwich or anything, so usually just a tuna salad or even just a few crackers with Dairylea, or carrot sticks + hummous.
Dinner: Chilli/curry with brown rice, or some kind of bolognese-y sauce with pasta (all are totally homemade with lots of veg). Fish and roasted vegetables and cous-cous. Noodle stir fry. Very rarely have freezer stuff (chicken and wedges), only if I'm being super lazy.
I tend to have a few more snacks throughout the night...crackers and hummous, satsuma, homemade smoothie, dark chocolate, muffin/cookie if I baked at the weekend, etc. I tend to eat more (or at least more unhealthy stuff) at weekends though.

We either go out to eat or have a takeaway once a week mostly. Trying to cut down to save money :|

I'm about 5'3" (maybe a bit taller, haven't actually measured myself for years) and ~118lbs.
Reply 25
I cant believe how little some people actually eat :s-smilie:
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
Breakfast: Steak with tartar sauce (from the night before), with a side of chips.

Lunch: bun and cheese and coffee on the run.

Dinner: a bowl of cereal and half a glass of milk

Late night snack: slice of pizza and a tall glass of cranberry juice.

I also tend to eat more shortly before my period, which might be biologically justifiable...I'm just too lazy to verify.

I'm 5'5" and 8 stones, but really, it's a matter of metabolism. Some people can eat a horse and never gain weight, whilst others merely have to look at a plate of pasta and their thighs start growing. There's no basis for comparison, as such.

have uu done it in reverse on purpose
Breakfast: Porridge made with soya milk, blueberries and a handful of raisins.
Lunch: Usually just an apple, a cracker and a cup of tea; I never feel hungry enough for lunch.
Dinner: Small amount of grilled chicken or Quorn with lots of veg like brocolli, cauliflower, carrots and salad vegetables. Covered in ketchup. I am vile.

In between meals, I drink a fair bit of tea with soya milk, eat strawberries/grapes or crackers and have unusual food habits such as spoonfuls of Marmite, bits of popcorn or cold carrots from the tin.
Funnily enough, my housemates never wish to steal my food.
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with a slice of brown bread.
Lunch- Chicken Salad usually.
Dinner- Meat nd two veg usually.

Snack on nuts and fruit.

I'm 5'7 and 7 stone 7.
Right now? A cup of tea. I don't know man, I always eat different things. Yesterday I had jam on toast and Tea, probably something chocolatey after that, a beef sandwhich and salad for lunch, with Tea, a grapefruit, Creamy tortellini pasta and roasted tomatoes, then er Tea and probably something yummy like a cup cake, and then I had an orange before I went to bed.

I think you can see the staple in my diet... :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't really fuss about my diet but I try make it quite healthy. Always have to have breakfast without a doubt.

Breakfast: Normally have 2 weetabix but I sometimes alternate between porridge and museli.
Lunch: Soup or a mug shot
Dinner: Could be anything really but I love pasta dishes!
Snacks: 2 bananas, sometimes other snacks like a chocolate bar, alpen bar etc.

Don't really focus on my weight
usually:

Breakfast = cookies, tea.. maybe apple or something
Lunch = toast with ham or beans.. an egg
Dinner = either a ready-made chicken fillet or something on its own or a full hot meal (sometimes salad also)

...chocolate or other nibbles every 2 hours usually, green tea every hour or more often when i can...

restaurants about once a week on average... where i eat like an obese man :ahee:

i weigh 50kg and my height is probably around 170cm atm

EDIT: you could ask people's BMI instead :sexface:... mine was 18 last time i checked
(edited 12 years ago)
It seems that I eat like a beast and at least three times the amount of most girls here. Thankfully none of it is normally processed food (I love cooking and am a huge fruit/veg fan). Still makes me feel embarrassed though, so I'll just say: I eat a hell of a lot more than what seems to be the norm here.

I'll just walk away in embarrassment now.
I suddenly can't understand why I weight so little. O__o
5'6" to 5'7" and 8st.

Breakfast: Activia yoghurt, 2 Belvita breakfast biscuits, Green Tea

2nd Breakfast: Another 2 breakfast biscuits. (I feel sick if I eat too much at once)

Lunch: Either:
A) Noodles with chicken, Cake Bar, Green Tea
B) Chicken, cheese and mayonnaise sandwich, Cake Bar, Green Tea
C) Muesli/Cereal/Porridge (I eat it dry, unless it's porridge), Cadbury Wispa, Black Coffee

Dinner: EVERYTHING. I eat twice as much as my brother... usually around 500 to 700 cals of food.

Snacks: Biscuits and/or Banana and/or Banana milk and/or cake. xD
And more Green Tea. I live on the stuff because I hate milk, and can't drink most fruit juices or pre-made drinks. Except Irn Bru. <3
Reply 34
Breakfast: Scramble Eggs with a glass of milk and black coffee separately.
Lunch: Salad with mayonnaise topping.
Dinner: Possibly moussaka, lasagna or watever main courses haha (and normally with a glass of red wine)

I often have 2 snacks a day with cereals or cakes.
I drink about 6 huge glass of water a day.
I normally go to the restaurant once a week, call for take-away once a week as well.

I'm 5'2" and 100 pounds at this moment:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Girls tend to be the unhealthiest eaters lol ...ribena,chocholate,chocolate,chocolate,crisp,ice cream
Original post by Friar Chris
You may be wondering what the cause of the positive rep is. Allow me to explain:

Crumpets rock.

That was all.

You may be interested in an event i organised ^_^

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213612782006749
Reply 37
Original post by trig
I cant believe how little some people actually eat :s-smilie:

me neither! I need food to function. especially breakfast, no idea how people skip it, I feel sick all day if I don't have it.

I usually have a few slices of toast for my breakfast with jam or honey
most of the time a salad or toastie or sandwich for lunch
i'll usually have something pasta based for my tea like lasagne or pasta bake

i tend to snack on fruit and nuts or yoghurt and sometimes chocolate, but i'm generally healthy because we never have junk food in the house and i'm far too lazy to walk to the shop to buy food. the only thing I would say is that my portion sizes are quite big, i get hungry quite easily.

I probably eat out 2 or 3 times a month just things like having a pub meal with the family or going tgi fridays or nandos with my friends

I'm 5ft6 and I'm not sure how much I weigh exactly but I'm a size 8/10.
Reply 38
I am 5ft5 and weight around 8 and a half stone

Brekkie - two pieces of toast often with peanut butter, juice, nesquik milkshake, biscuit

Lunch - something of the following - a stick of baguette bread with scotch eggs, chicken satay on a stick, sausage rolls etc/ravioli mixed with cream and cheddar cheese on toast YUM/spaghetti carbonara/wrap filled with chicken and salad...
- followed by a cakey doughtnut type thing/icelolly in summer

Dinner - spaghetti bolognaise/roast chicken and mash potatoes with veg/macaroni cheese/rice with chicken in sauce/pork chops and potatoes...

I eat quite a lot... dunno how I am gonna survive at university haha :cry:
Reply 39
Original post by Mally-xo
I am 5ft5 and weight around 8 and a half stone

Brekkie - two pieces of toast often with peanut butter, juice, nesquik milkshake, biscuit

Lunch - something of the following - a stick of baguette bread with scotch eggs, chicken satay on a stick, sausage rolls etc/ravioli mixed with cream and cheddar cheese on toast YUM/spaghetti carbonara/wrap filled with chicken and salad...
- followed by a cakey doughtnut type thing/icelolly in summer

Dinner - spaghetti bolognaise/roast chicken and mash potatoes with veg/macaroni cheese/rice with chicken in sauce/pork chops and potatoes...

I eat quite a lot... dunno how I am gonna survive at university haha
:cry:

me neither, I have to live on just under £30 a week. diet of dust and tap water for me :frown: i'm enjoying the comforts of home cooked meals whilst i can!

Quick Reply

Latest