The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Sent off my UCAS form today, so hopefully my head of year will sort everything out asap :biggrin: ahhhh relief.... xxx
Reply 121
Original post by Kay44
Anyone applying to Leeds Uni? Question...it says BBB on the website but on ucas it says BBC? so which one is it? :smile:

Always go with uni website, ucas is out dated for so many courses and tends to be lower
Reply 122
Original post by vicky70
Just Derby due to house, travel, kids, hubby etc. A big bummer when my one and only choice said no this year.
My Access course was with Distance Learning Centre.com, very good course with great tutor help and student forum for when you're stuck. Beware with Access course though, it is recommended you do Access to Science as it covers physics too, where my course was "Nursing, midwifery and other health professions" which was great on the biology side but nowt with physics. However, they are changing their courses this year to include some physics.

I only wana go derby coz of distance to, guna commute from Leicester n do hosp placements here, IF i get accepted.
Did you go to the open day? It was love at 1 site, felt like I was at an airport/shopping mall
Reply 123
quick question guys, at St Georges, the entry requirement at the top says they need BBB but halfway down it mentions it again and says Applicants must offer 260 points at A-level (A2 minimum grade C). Science subjects are preferred. which one is right? :biggrin:
Reply 124
Hey, I'm thinking of applying for Radiography but the problem is I didn't do so well in my A2 exams this summer. I got ABC in my ASs and wanted to get BBB overall but sadly I messed it up. I wanted to apply to universities like Leeds that have BBB as their requirements.

Will the universities look down on this and not consider me? I want to resit and really bring my grades up. It's not like I'm academically inept. I just got some bad luck.
i'm re-applying for radiography this year :smile:. hopefully i'll get in this time round! :kitty: xoxo
Original post by 12sophie

Original post by 12sophie
Sent off my UCAS form today, so hopefully my head of year will sort everything out asap :biggrin: ahhhh relief.... xxx

wow, you've done that really quick! :kitty: xoxo
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
i'm re-applying for radiography this year :smile:. hopefully i'll get in this time round! :kitty: xoxo

Good luck! Where are you applying?
Original post by felix1992
quick question guys, at St Georges, the entry requirement at the top says they need BBB but halfway down it mentions it again and says Applicants must offer 260 points at A-level (A2 minimum grade C). Science subjects are preferred. which one is right? :biggrin:

hey! i was actually looking at this today and got a bit confused, but i THINK that it means you have to get 260 points to apply to the uni along with the BBB to get onto the radiography course. (: So the BBB is the specific entry requirment for that course.
This might sound ridiculous, but.... to apply for radiography, most unis require you to have work ex.. So, my application needs to be done by at least the end of oct (thats my schools policy)
so.. i have not been able to get any work ex.. ive applied to hospitals but where i live you got to be 18 or older, execpt Medway but they were over booked which is annoying because i JUST got the letter today, when i sent off the application month ago or so. :frown:(((

Anyways! im going to India next week and while im there, i am going to do work ex in a private hospital over there. It is a respected hospital and is owned by a VERRRRYY respected doctor who my dad actully went to med school with. BASICALLY, do you think uni's will let me use this as my work ex?!? it will be for 3 days next week

thanks. =]
Original post by JordanUK

Good luck! Where are you applying?

thankyou!
i'm applying to exeter, liverpool, leeds, st. george's and city uni london. :smile:
how about you? :kitty: xoxo
thankyou!
i'm applying to exeter, liverpool, leeds, st. george's and city uni london. :smile:
how about you? :kitty: xoxo

Cool! I'm applying to liverpool, cumbria, bangor, teeside and canterbury christ church
Reply 132
Original post by hello123450
This might sound ridiculous, but.... to apply for radiography, most unis require you to have work ex.. So, my application needs to be done by at least the end of oct (thats my schools policy)
so.. i have not been able to get any work ex.. ive applied to hospitals but where i live you got to be 18 or older, execpt Medway but they were over booked which is annoying because i JUST got the letter today, when i sent off the application month ago or so. :frown:(((

Anyways! im going to India next week and while im there, i am going to do work ex in a private hospital over there. It is a respected hospital and is owned by a VERRRRYY respected doctor who my dad actully went to med school with. BASICALLY, do you think uni's will let me use this as my work ex?!? it will be for 3 days next week

thanks. =]

I don't see any reason why not. W/E is to make sure you understand the role of a radiographer and the good and bad points of the job and you can relay what you thought of the W/E in your interview.
Some Uni's require a clinical visit form to see how you got on during the W/E. No harm speaking to the people over there and getting them to write you a quick letter of how they thought you got on over your 3 days. Cover your ass really?
Reply 133

Only another 6 months wait to find out again :eek:
Original post by vicky70

Oh man, do universities take that long to reply?
Reply 135
Hi guys :biggrin: I'm applying for 2012 entry and was wondering how many hours do diagnostic radiography students do in university compared to therapeutic students , thanks :smile:

Cool! I'm applying to liverpool, cumbria, bangor, teeside and canterbury christ church

smashing! all the best with your applicationzzzzzz :smile: :kitty: xoxo
Original post by vicky70

Original post by vicky70

kinda scary, that :'). i'll just die if i'm unsuccessful again. :kitty: xoxo
Reply 138
hey guys just wondering what my chances are in getting an offer from st georges with my predicted grades when i apply

atm my predicted grades are

B - accounting
C- sociology
C - Biology ( will aim higher )

also i have a full A level with business studies with a B

would appreciate it
Reply 139
kinda scary, that :'). i'll just die if i'm unsuccessful again. :kitty: xoxo

Yep, will be mortified if it happens again. This year will be my last go and if I don't get in then I will move on to something else. :frown: