The Student Room Group

Clumsy boyfriend accidentally hit me: what to tell people?

He has practically no spatial awareness and moves his hands around a lot when he talks. Today, he did that and managed to accidentally hit me. There's now a split in one of my lips and a very light bruise.

Now, people that see are going to ask what happened ... and I don't know what to tell them. I'm worried of making him out to be abusive when he's obviously not. :frown:

EDIT: The problem with telling the truth is, no matter how I phrase it, every male relative I have is going to flip out. I'm the youngest in the family and the only girl for a couple of generations, they're ridiculously over-protective.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
walkin down the street and some kicks football smacked me in teh face.

Mibbeh the bf wants some depth perception for xmas?
Say you walked into a door.
Haha, but seriously, just say you tripped over, or if you're anywhere as clumsy as me you could use excuses such as dropping your phone on your face (I split my lip in this way once) getting drunk and walking into a toilet door (I have done this soooo many times), falling out of bed (yep, I do this a lot too) or fell in the shower and whacked your face on the thermometer control (did this too).
Reply 3
Walked into a door? :rofl:
My clumsy ex once whacked me on the head with a Wii remote, entirely by accident of course! I found it hilarious and told everybody :P
Reply 5
Tell the truth and say your boyfriend accidently whacked you?
lol, tell people the truth of what happened. If you try and give some bull**** reason like walking into a door people will think he actually is domestic violencing you.
Reply 7
Just say ur bf accidently hit you? No one is gonna judge! If they do, who cares?!
Say "I fell down the stairs, I don't want to talk about it!".

That'll solve all your problems.
Reply 9
You accidentally kneed yourself in the mouth (i've done this before and slightly split my lip :colondollar:)
"The laws of Physics are a crass, unyielding bitch"
Reply 11
Original post by Little Hobbit
My clumsy ex once whacked me on the head with a Wii remote, entirely by accident of course! I found it hilarious and told everybody :P

I quoted this as it's the first person to give the proper advice: just tell people what happened and laugh about it? As someone else said, if you try and make up a story it sounds like you're then trying to cover something up....when there's nothing to cover up? Duh :rolleyes:
Original post by Flotographer
He has practically no spatial awareness and moves his hands around a lot when he talks. Today, he did that and managed to accidentally hit me. There's now a split in one of my lips and a very light bruise.

Now, people that see are going to ask what happened ... and I don't know what to tell them. I'm worried of making him out to be abusive when he's obviously not. :frown:

Just tell them the truth.

EDIT: and don't let your boyfriend operate heavy machinery.
(edited 12 years ago)
If it's the truth then tell people the truth. If it's not, dump his ass.
Just say he whacked you in the face cause he got over excited while talking. He didn't mean to so make it jokey. If you lie it makes it seem you like you have something to cover up. If you tell people no ones going to think "Oh abuse"
A young relative accidentally hit you when playing - like little cousins etc :P
You were attempting to put [insert heavy object here] on an overhead shelf and it fell on you.
Reply 17
Original post by Elipsis
Walked into a door? :rofl:

This. Or 'We were having a passionate discussion about the proper pimp-hand-technique. He then ended the arguement. For good.'
Reply 18
Sad day really when any injury to a woman is assumed to be her boyfriend beating her up.
Reply 19
Original post by Little Hobbit
Original post by hamijack
Tell the truth and say your boyfriend accidently whacked you?
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
lol, tell people the truth of what happened. If you try and give some bull**** reason like walking into a door people will think he actually is domestic violencing you.
Original post by yothi5
Just say ur bf accidently hit you? No one is gonna judge! If they do, who cares?!
Original post by dobbs
I quoted this as it's the first person to give the proper advice: just tell people what happened and laugh about it? As someone else said, if you try and make up a story it sounds like you're then trying to cover something up....when there's nothing to cover up? Duh :rolleyes:
Original post by Ham22
If you come up with some crumby reason, people are just going to think its a cover up for him beating you. Just tell the truth. Something similar happened to me (split eyebrow and black eye from walking into a wall whilst at bfs), im not sure everyone believed me, but wuddayagonnado?
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Just tell them the truth.

EDIT: and don't let your boyfriend operate heavy machinery.
Original post by lazy smurf
If it's the truth then tell people the truth. If it's not, dump his ass.
Original post by MissBlueskys
Just say he whacked you in the face cause he got over excited while talking. He didn't mean to so make it jokey. If you lie it makes it seem you like you have something to cover up. If you tell people no ones going to think "Oh abuse"

The problem with telling the truth is, no matter how I phrase it, every male relative I have is going to flip out. I'm the youngest in the family and the only girl for a couple of generations, they're ridiculously over-protective.

Particularly unnecessary seeing as he's a foot shorter than me and I could take him if I needed to. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending