The Student Room Group

AQA Baccalaureate

I'm looking at a levels to take and colleges etc atm.. Is the AQA Baccalaureate a good thing to have and will it help my chances of getting into University in anyway? If anyone has done it or knows anything about it could you please tell me about it and if you found it useful as I've tried to read up about it but its all confusing, thanks :smile:
Basically, the AQA Bacc is an optional addition to your A levels. You can pick any topic that inspires you and do a timed project on it. Yes, it will definately improve your chances of getting a place at university. For example, my friend was about to get turned down at Oxford as they had another applicant who had the same grades. Upon mentioning that she did the AQA Bacc and got an A, they accepted her straight away, no joke! So it is definately, without a doubt a valued addition to your UCAS application. I have also heard that it is equivalent to half an A level (which is an A/S level), therefore if you get an A, that means you got another extra 60 UCAS points, for doing something you absolutely enjoy (researching and making a project on almost anything!!)...... Hope that helps and untangles your confusion, Good Luck :-)
Reply 2
Original post by ahsanchachi123
Basically, the AQA Bacc is an optional addition to your A levels. You can pick any topic that inspires you and do a timed project on it. Yes, it will definately improve your chances of getting a place at university. For example, my friend was about to get turned down at Oxford as they had another applicant who had the same grades. Upon mentioning that she did the AQA Bacc and got an A, they accepted her straight away, no joke! So it is definately, without a doubt a valued addition to your UCAS application. I have also heard that it is equivalent to half an A level (which is an A/S level), therefore if you get an A, that means you got another extra 60 UCAS points, for doing something you absolutely enjoy (researching and making a project on almost anything!!)...... Hope that helps and untangles your confusion, Good Luck :-)

It sounds as though you are talking about the extended project, not the AQA Bacc. The EP (which is equivalent in szie to an AS level but you can get an A* in it) is part of the AQA BACC.
Reply 3
hey

does anyone know if the grade you get on your aqa bacc appears on your a level certificate at the end of all your courses? only because i have secured offers for university now, and the aqa bacc is not included in the offers. i'm not planning on failing it horribly of course, but i don't want to spend hours of my time on it which could be better used to work for my subjects which actually affect my chances of being accepted into university. but if the grade i get will be on my a level certificate for ever then obviously i should be aiming for the highest possible, but if not, then surely just a pass would suffice.

any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest