The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by modablanca
It's ace to meet some people who are applying to this course too! I am dying to hear something back, hoping to be accepted because St Andrews is top for politics and languages in Scotland! Let me know if you get offers guys!

Will do and good luck!!

Original post by kayleigh.jean
aww, good choices!! :biggrin: which course at Edinburgh?

French and politics, the course isn't as good at st andrews though i don't think
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Any idea when physics decisions will be made? Specifically astrophysics?
Original post by young-one

Original post by young-one
Yeah, international relations for the win!
and yeah, it came on Friday 20th :smile:
hope to see you in september!!!!

Are you an international applicant?
Reply 983
Original post by christie-mckenna

I think they're usually sent out in Feb. I'm waiting on theoretical physics and maths.
Can the Computer Science department please hurry up and give me my unconditional?
Reply 985
Found out last week I was accepted into Psychology!

I'm excited but not positive that is where I will go or not. I am American so it is so far away from home and I haven't had the chance to visit :frown:

anyone else for psychology?!
Reply 986
Original post by r.ferguson
Are you an international applicant?

no, i'm a home applicant :smile:
Reply 987
Original post by christie-mckenna

Original post by lunney
I think they're usually sent out in Feb. I'm waiting on theoretical physics and maths.

Yep. I and a lot of other people were told around mid February, with maybe a couple people knowing earlier. But sadly, you've still got a bit of a wait.
Hope to see you guys here next year! :smile:
Reply 988
Original post by tgarrud
ahh that sucks :frown: Are you going to one in February then? I'm going on the 18th

I'm going on Feb 4th.
I hate waiting. :woo:
Which societies would you join? there are sooo many
Reply 990
How do they actually give notice of their decision, e-mail or only via mail?
Reply 991
Original post by Phia7
I hate waiting. :woo:
Which societies would you join? there are sooo many

Pagan religion society looks interesting...
Reply 992
Haha 'fine chocolate society' yes please! :P
Reply 993
i have gotten so far into James Madison and will found out about University of Virginia, William and Mary, and Virginia tech in April.
Reply 994
Hey, anyone heard from (molecular) biology? I'm an English student btw
Um. Yes, I did. Thanks! I don't think GCSEs are that important for Cambridge. The two big things, it seems, are good interview (+written work/entrance exam) performance and good UMS at AS. (The first is probably more important considering that my UMS were actually slightly below average for a Cambridge applicant, esp. 84.5% in English itself...)
Reply 996
Original post by watbrif
How do they actually give notice of their decision, e-mail or only via mail?

You're most likely going to hear from UCAS (if you applied through UCAS) first, and that will be the normal email informing there has been an update on your UCAS track.

If you're international, I think they typically like to send out emails; it's fast and means less printing, good for the environment. :wink:

So if you want to know the best place to sit and wait, I would recommend your computer, and not the letterbox. :biggrin:
I am an independent American applicant and am unable to send my transcript to St. Andrews via Naviance as I applied through UCAS, not the Common App, so my school will mail it. My guidance counselor needs to know where to send it.

Do I send it to International Undergraduate Recruitment & Admissions or the Admissions and Application Centre? The addresses are slightly different...
Reply 998
Original post by Helsy
You're most likely going to hear from UCAS (if you applied through UCAS) first, and that will be the normal email informing there has been an update on your UCAS track.

If you're international, I think they typically like to send out emails; it's fast and means less printing, good for the environment. :wink:

So if you want to know the best place to sit and wait, I would recommend your computer, and not the letterbox. :biggrin:

I'm postgrad, so no UCAS - but yeah, makes sense. They (IR Department) even say when they give notice (31 March). I only hope that's not the day they actually send a letter to me all across Europe :wink:.
Original post by elliegra
Found out last week I was accepted into Psychology!

I'm excited but not positive that is where I will go or not. I am American so it is so far away from home and I haven't had the chance to visit :frown:

anyone else for psychology?!

Nice to meet you! :wink: Got my offer a week ago. I am from Russia, by the way :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending