The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by fibonacci2040
I have no idea, I just got the offer through UCAS. Will reply once I have received the letter in the post!

did you just get one today?

edit: whoops lol my powers of reading have failed me :tongue:
Reply 2021
Original post by fibonacci2040
I have no idea, I just got the offer through UCAS. Will reply once I have received the letter in the post!

thankssss :biggrin:
Seems like the upcoming offer day will have a lot of people
Original post by modini
Holy crap that's almost a carbon copy of my application lol. Yeh, I'm a grad applicant :smile:

This is my 'stuff': Ward support volunteer since the start of 2011, shadowed a surgeon (maxfax) for a week, mentored first year students, St John ambulance, lab work, football/tennis for ECs.

Pretty similar stuff there :tongue:

Wow yeah very similar! Hope you get an offer man!
Reply 2024
Original post by french92
Wow yeah very similar! Hope you get an offer man!

Thanks man :crossedf:
Reply 2025
Any other offers today? Any internationals?
Also, do internationals get invited to offer day or is it just for home students?
Got a Grad Entry rejection today! It was sent via UCAS track update. Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck :smile:

*International Applicant
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2027
Original post by whiteanenome
Got a Grad Entry rejection today! It was sent via UCAS track update. Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck :smile:

*International Applicant

Unfortunate. My sympathies. Do you have other applications pending or other offers?
Ucas

Well done dude! Did you put your GCSE grades on your UCAS? I didn't and I'm kind of worried that I'll be rejected cause of it.

No one seems to be replying to emails at Southampton :frown:

*International Applicant

What was your UKCAT?
Just got an offer for graduate entry :smile: Received an email first

My stats are ukcat:620, A-level: 2A, B, C

Can I ask, are you an international applicant? :smile:

Soooo jealous! :smile:
Reply 2031
Original post by JammyDodger3000

Highly doubt it, an international applicant with only 2A would be very unlikely to get even an interview, much less an offer. UK med schools have some insane requirements from internationals. I've seen people with all A's get rejected.
Original post by total2009
Well done dude! Did you put your GCSE grades on your UCAS? I didn't and I'm kind of worried that I'll be rejected cause of it.

Thanks :smile: I think I did, can't really remember but if you are a grad applicant i don't think they'll look at your gcse.

Thanks :smile: I think I did, can't really remember but if you are a grad applicant i don't think they'll look at your gcse.
Original post by JammyDodger3000

Hi, no i'm not. Best of luck with you application.
Original post by HLS
Unfortunate. My sympathies. Do you have other applications pending or other offers?

No worries! Thanks though :smile: I have an offer from Imperial... so I'm not too disappointed! Good luck with your application.
What was your UKCAT?

660 :smile:
Reply 2037
No worries! Thanks though :smile: I have an offer from Imperial... so I'm not too disappointed! Good luck with your application.

Excellent - well done! Imperial is an excellent option.
Reply 2038
Just got an offer for graduate entry :smile: Received an email first

My stats are ukcat:620, A-level: 2A, B, C

Congrats!!! One of the lucky few eh? :smile: Im 3rd yr biomed at Sheffield and hoping to hear soon!! Was it a 2.1 offer?

x
Reply 2039
I got an offer and I've just realised.. I never got an acknowledgement/postcard lol? Will I still get one? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending