The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Best club/pub in Brighton?

Whats the best clubs/pubs in Brighton?

I've heard lots about Oceana. (good and bad) What are some other good clubs to go to? Btw I prefer pop, urban and chart music, as opposed to indie rock. I've heard Honeyclub is good, any others? I've also heard about Revolution, but there doesn't seem to be much info on that! Looking for recommendations for this summer!

Also on CHEAP places to stay for a couple of days this summer! Cheers
Reply 1
bump?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Revs is more bar than club, its got a massive outdoor lounge, a big bar area on the main level and a smaller, low-ceiling club in the basement that plays a lot of heavier RnB/Rap stuff. It's big on a friday and ok on a thursday.

Oceana is good on student wednesday, but wouldn't go on other days. Same with Lola Lo on a thursday. Standard clubbing tunes.

Trash Mondays at Coalition is a popular one. Plays all the mainstream stuff plus some hipsterish things. Its also great on a friday night for a retro-theme.

Honey is alright..bit chavvy at times but not terrible. Digital is ok also, but on fridays they have an indie night. Theres a new Hed Kandi place but haven't been there.

If you are going over the summer vacation then things may shut down a bit for midweek clubbing..on the weekend things can be very expensive. Worth checking for deals on Facebook.
Reply 3
Original post by lozmond
Revs is more bar than club, its got a massive outdoor lounge, a big bar area on the main level and a smaller, low-ceiling club in the basement that plays a lot of heavier RnB/Rap stuff. It's big on a friday and ok on a thursday.

Oceana is good on student wednesday, but wouldn't go on other days. Same with Lola Lo on a thursday. Standard clubbing tunes.

Trash Mondays at Coalition is a popular one. Plays all the mainstream stuff plus some hipsterish things. Its also great on a friday night for a retro-theme.

Honey is alright..bit chavvy at times but not terrible. Digital is ok also, but on fridays they have an indie night. Theres a new Hed Kandi place but haven't been there.

If you are going over the summer vacation then things may shut down a bit for midweek clubbing..on the weekend things can be very expensive. Worth checking for deals on Facebook.

Thanks for the info!
Reply 4
Original post by dgeorge
Whats the best clubs/pubs in Brighton?

I've heard lots about Oceana. (good and bad) What are some other good clubs to go to? Btw I prefer pop, urban and chart music, as opposed to indie rock. I've heard Honeyclub is good, any others? I've also heard about Revolution, but there doesn't seem to be much info on that! Looking for recommendations for this summer!

Also on CHEAP places to stay for a couple of days this summer! Cheers

If you do go to Oceania, make sure you check out the disco room- loads of pop and chart music PLUS the most amazing multi-coloured floor!

If you're coming in the summer then good places to drink before going clubbing include the Fortune of War which is on the sea front. It's great sat out as the sun's going in and you'll also be right by all the clubs along the beach and it's quite close to Oceania.

If you fancy going somewhere a bit special (if you have a lady friend with you) then try out Valentino (behind the Royal Pavilion)... it's a fantastic cocktail bar with one of the most comprehensive cocktail menus I've seen.
Reply 5
Original post by digforfire
If you do go to Oceania, make sure you check out the disco room- loads of pop and chart music PLUS the most amazing multi-coloured floor!

If you're coming in the summer then good places to drink before going clubbing include the Fortune of War which is on the sea front. It's great sat out as the sun's going in and you'll also be right by all the clubs along the beach and it's quite close to Oceania.

If you fancy going somewhere a bit special (if you have a lady friend with you) then try out Valentino (behind the Royal Pavilion)... it's a fantastic cocktail bar with one of the most comprehensive cocktail menus I've seen.

Thanks! Any good pubs (besides Yates?) I had heard of one but can't remember the name!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending