The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JAYP91
I got my percentages back - 92% 99% 76% 96% 96%. It appears the mechanical reasoning/comprehension is the one to slip up on (the pass grade for that on is 54%). Ironically i thought i had done worst on the calculator paper but i got 99%? I guess you'll never really know until you get your results.

Did you phone up to see what you got or did you get another letter telling you? I'm still waiting to get my results through. Sat my tests on the 12th of March.
Also how can results come back at 99% when there was at most 36 questions? even if you got 35 out of 36 then that would be 97.2% haha.
Original post by Nameismark87
Also how can results come back at 99% when there was at most 36 questions? even if you got 35 out of 36 then that would be 97.2% haha.

maybe we actually got 100% but they just don't want to give us the satisfaction of knowing we got 100%. Mmm hmm
Reply 1063
Did you phone up to see what you got or did you get another letter telling you? I'm still waiting to get my results through. Sat my tests on the 12th of March.

I had to phone him (Kevin i think his name is) but he's difficult to get straight through to so i left him a voicemail to leave me a voicemail with the percentages.

And yes i thought 99% was abit dubious but the last thing im going to do is question it and find out it was actually 9% ha!

I wanted to know my scores/ percentages because i never found out last year and it was always in the back of my mind that it was the test that let me down not the interview but who knows.
Reply 1064
How did yous Revise for it?

I never got my percentages last year
Received my letter from opito today saying I'd passed. Feels like such a weight off my shoulders!
Reply 1066
Received my letter from opito today saying I'd passed. Feels like such a weight off my shoulders!

Congratulations, and good luck with your interview.
I'm still waiting for a date for my aptitude test.
Got my percentages back today. 93%,79%,96%,88% and 98%. Also asked about interviews and was told that they could start towards the end of this month! I assumed that they would wait until all the tests had been done before starting the interviews.
Reply 1068
Original post by cam1996
I got my first letter on 2nd Feb and not had my date for the aptitude tast yet. Where are you in the country?

Alright Cam, West Midlands so could be waiting a while by the sounds of things if they begin in Scotland!
Reply 1069
Anyone know what colleges they are using this year??
I really want to be placed in Aberdeen.
Think Aberdeen is if you do process
hmmm this is a weird one..

got my acceptance letter last week saying that I'd made it through the application stage, and that they'd send out details of aptitude times in the near future..

Today i got another letter through the post, saying once again I'd made it through - BUT my application has been passed onto ECITB

i'm guessing its because my first choice is Instrument & control maintenance but god knows

Is there any difference between the ECITB & Opito courses?

Also is the ECITB course still funded in the same way that the Opito is, eg. Get accomodation, food etc paid for (to an extent)?

Any help is appreciated, I've also emailed Opito in hope of a reply :smile:

Dean
Holy ****, that is absolutely savage! What's your next plan of action? Feel really bad for you mate. All the best in what ever you decide to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1073
Original post by kenny222
This is actually ****. Got my marks. 99% 99% 99% 99% and was told I'd failed the fault diagnosis by 1 mark. **** **** **** knob ******** ****er ****.

I'll cut you 6ft of rope! ha. My condolences! Can they not appeal??

When did you do the test?
Just got my interview date this morning in the post. It's going to be on the 17th of April! I thought that they didn't start until at least may/June time, has taken me a bit by surprise! Anyone else got their date yet?
This is actually ****. Got my marks. 99% 99% 99% 99% and was told I'd failed the fault diagnosis by 1 mark. **** **** **** knob ******** ****er ****.

damn bro! And I thought I had **** luck... Life goes on eh? i feel ur pain :hugs: U cannae give up now,k, try again next year?
Original post by damilola
damn bro! And I thought I had **** luck... Life goes on eh? i feel ur pain :hugs: U cannae give up now,k, try again next year?

Erm.. Hi. Hope you dont mind me asking but is it too late for me to apply??
Im desperately looking for an apprenticeship too... failed so far though
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
Erm.. Hi. Hope you dont mind me asking but is it too late for me to apply??
Im desperately looking for an apprenticeship too... failed so far though

I dunno if it's too late for OPITO but i think ECITB is still open. Google, google, google, u never know what u will find, there's all sorts of apprenticeships out there.
Original post by damilola
I dunno if it's too late for OPITO but i think ECITB is still open. Google, google, google, u never know what u will find, there's all sorts of apprenticeships out there.

Yeah, I understand what youre saying, but theres mostly crap ones left now... Isnt there as most of the better ones will have been taken by now?
By better, I mean well paid.
And do you know which type of apprenticeship is the most well paid. Im guessing engineering right but it depends what sector you go into?
TBH. I'm not waiting another year. I'm half tempted to write them a letter and explain that my academic qualifications would surely make up for 1 mark and also show that I'm perfectly capable of doing this and succeeding but at the end of the day it'll make sihte all difference. They'll pull the usual 'template letter reply' tactics. And even if they call me up in July and say a space has come available due to whatever circumstances I'll still tell them to shove it up their arses.

Lol.
Erm.. if it helps, I know of a M&S apprenticeship???

Quick Reply

Latest