The Student Room Group

how many hours a day over easter do you guys revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
im actually overly ****ed
Reply 61
Original post by EffieFlowers
Tut.

I'm sorry but 8 hours a day is absolutely ridiculous. You people are maniacs.

2/3 hours a day is pushing it.

Yeah, but not everyone is as clever as you may be, i have to do hours to pass my exams :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by matthurry
Yeah, but not everyone is as clever as you may be, i have to do hours to pass my exams :smile:

i just dnt get how you can find the time to see your friends when doing 8 hours revision lol.... 3 hours a day will do ..... i would only attempt 8 hours during the week of the exam lol
I might do an hour. Not an hour a day, an hour in total all holiday.

I'd actually intended to do quite a lot but that all went to pot. I finally sat down last night, picked up my psychology notes, wrote ten words and put it down because I was in so much pain :sad:
Reply 64
I plan to do between 4 and 8 hours per day depending on what else I'm doing. I think that's reasonable and I should manage to get everything done, and it leaves free time for fun if revision is going well, or more revision if it isn't :tongue:
I haven't started. Luckily I've only got 3 exams on May 16th and 23rd so I'm planning to start either next week or the week after
I'm not gonna rush it and stress myself out because I'm not extremely worried, thank God! Last year I felt like I was slowly killing myself over my GCSEs so this year, I'm gonna take it a little easy :smile:
Reply 66
Currently managing about 3-4.

Gonna have to push it to 8-9.

Look, people on this thread may think that is 'ridiculous', but that is the harsh reality.

If you want AAA or a decent set of grades you want to at least finish the subject content and be thorough with it.

By investing a lot of time now, it will reduce a lot of stress come one week before the exam.

Trust me. I know.

Been there. Done that.

Did bad in my AS because of that, and now I am taking a different approach at A2
Reply 67
Aiming to be revising 6 hours a day.
Currently doing 30 minutes a day. :biggrin:
brilliant..
Reply 68
Original post by exam2k10
Currently managing about 3-4.

Gonna have to push it to 8-9.

Look, people on this thread may think that is 'ridiculous', but that is the harsh reality.

If you want AAA or a decent set of grades you want to at least finish the subject content and be thorough with it.

By investing a lot of time now, it will reduce a lot of stress come one week before the exam.

Trust me. I know.

Been there. Done that.

Did bad in my AS because of that, and now I am taking a different approach at A2
Really? 8-9 hours? :lol:

In my subjects we haven't finished the content yet and have perhaps a little bit left to do, and no i'm not going to self-teach - it's best if you just revise the topics you've done and tackle some pastpaper questions. 8-9 hours will NOT guarantee you A grades - trust me.

Yeah it actually is ridiculous, not the harsh reality. I got A's in my january modules and 2 months before my exams (i.e. nowish) I had covered around half the syllabus in school.
I've been doing about four hours a day, which I'm quite pleased with! But then....half an hour of that is piano. Half an hour is vocab which isn't for A level. Half an hour finding quotes for History exam. So I'm not exactly breaking out in a sweat yet.

Quite sick of all this revision-bragging on TSR! Often how much you revise has nothing to do with how clever you are. Probably the people in this thread doing upwards of five hours could do less than that and still come out with the same grades, but it's all about security. Some people like going into the exam feeling absolutely prepared and collecting results on results day without feeling like they'll throw up. Some people like to take their chances. Personally I'd much rather be the first although so far the track record points to the second. And also personally, although I really like my school, it's not brilliant. History in particular is v. patchy so just covering the syllabus in the first place in "revision time" takes a while. Anyway. Revision is good, full stop!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
Start about 8.30/9am and stop around 6pm, with half an hour break for lunch in-between. My focus drops exponentially after about 1:00 though :tongue:

Feel that I'm a bit OTT since I only have maths in May, and then the sciences in June, but it means that if I spend a whole day just with my mates I don't feel guilty - and acts as insurance since we barely finished the syllabus in January before the exam. And, when I don't meet my predicted grades, I can honestly say I tried my best...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
i just can't revise im still making notes and i'm really really worried that i might fail and i REALLY HONESTLY dont want to fail at all i just want to get a C/D grade i need help i'm doing three subjects psychology, health and social care and religious studies i know they are easy subjects but im finding my first year at A levels difficult! HELP me........ :O
Original post by GMD
should be doing around 8, but there are no beaks around to check on us so we do around 3 here in our dorm (the hopgardens)

not everyone wants C's and D's.

Very snobbish of you
Reply 73
i haven't started, i think whatever i revise now i'll just have forgetten about in a couple of months and will have to start all over again (that's what i like to tell myself anyway :tongue: )
Reply 74
im aiming for 2 modules a day, 2/3 hours for each, so a total of 4 - 6 hours

although tbh i dont time them. i have set goals for each session so i just work until i meet them. if i finish early, wooo, but if i go over, no big deal cause i got what i wanted done

:h:
I only tend to come on tsr during exam time to see everyone else doing hours and hours of revision which scares me into doing it myself :3
Original post by GMD
not everyone wants C's and D's.

You're implying everyone who revises 4 weeks before gets Cs and Ds. 4 weeks is fine for me and many others.
Reply 77
Why would you revise now? At least have some fun before hell begins.
Original post by madders94
I might do an hour. Not an hour a day, an hour in total all holiday.

I'd actually intended to do quite a lot but that all went to pot. I finally sat down last night, picked up my psychology notes, wrote ten words and put it down because I was in so much pain :sad:

This.. except not psychology.
I have hardly done anything all Easter because I keep getting distracted. All my exams are in June though and I will just get stuck in next week. Calm down people.
Original post by cuckoo99
i just dnt get how you can find the time to see your friends when doing 8 hours revision lol.... 3 hours a day will do ..... i would only attempt 8 hours during the week of the exam lol

You gotta point -8 hours is too excessive surely not all of that will go in!

I've been doing 2-3 a day this holiday but not really revising to time just by subject content -e.g. do 5 topics maths notes/exam questions a day.

Quick Reply