The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Postgraduate Application 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm international students. I've got unconditional offer from Edinburgh Msc Childhood Studies and King's MA Child Studies, I am still struggle in choosing between these two programmes, anyone who can advice about the pros and cons of the programme in these two uni?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I got an offer for an Msc in Psychological Research! Got it just over a week after they received my application so didn't have to wait long. I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of other unis I applied to so not 100% sure I will accept my offer from Edinburgh but it's very tempting, it seems like a great place.
Hope this doesn't annoy anyone since I have asked before, but is there anyone on here applying for PhD programmes? I have been seeing that there can be quick turnaround on those MSc applications and I still waiting to hear back. I applied 1 February. However, I know the deadline for applications in my programma is July 15th, so they probably want to get all the applications before they make any decisions. Edinburgh is my top choice!

Congrats to everyone who has received an offer.
Original post by kaitlyne
Just got an offer for MSc Policy Studies!! SO EXCITED! Anyone else in the same program?

Hi Kaitlyne,

I'll be doing the MSc Social Research... which I believe is in the same school and may have classes in common! Congratulations, by the by.
Finally received an offer for International Relations today! Cried of happiness and accepted it within hours... so excited!
Reply 65
hey, anyone from MSc TESOL or from Moray House? :smile:
Reply 66
hi everyone, i have applied for MSc. Management ...but i applied just 10 days ago..do u think i am very late to get a place ?!
Reply 67
Original post by sonalk
hi everyone, i have applied for MSc. Management ...but i applied just 10 days ago..do u think i am very late to get a place ?!

Hi, I do not think you are late, I have not seen much offers from this programme.
I have offer for it, the process went pretty fast... you should hear from them in the next week or two.
Reply 68
Original post by MartinK
Hi, I do not think you are late, I have not seen much offers from this programme.
I have offer for it, the process went pretty fast... you should hear from them in the next week or two.

Thats good to hear...:smile:..!! have u accepted the offer ?! did u apply anywhere else? I have applied to Bath as well.... is edinburgh business school better?
Reply 69
I have accepted the offer. I applied to LSE, where I wasn't accepted, and I planned to apply to Imperial and Cass...but after receiving the offer from Edinburgh I decided to go there mainly because of the value of the programme compare to money you pay for it.
Reply 70
Original post by MartinK
I have accepted the offer. I applied to LSE, where I wasn't accepted, and I planned to apply to Imperial and Cass...but after receiving the offer from Edinburgh I decided to go there mainly because of the value of the programme compare to money you pay for it.

yeah i knw what u mean....so have u seen the university ? i have been to the city but never seen the university..!!
Reply 71
I have an offer for MSc Theoretical Computer Science. When Oxford reject me, Edinburgh will be my first (and only) choice.

Choosing accommodation is so hard!

Any other future informaticists on TSR?
Reply 72
Original post by eggshell
I have an offer for MSc Theoretical Computer Science. When Oxford reject me, Edinburgh will be my first (and only) choice.

Choosing accommodation is so hard!

Any other future informaticists on TSR?

Not quite, but close! I'm joining Edinburgh for MSc Bioinformatics. Anyone else in the same program?

And yeah, I'd prefer staying off-campus because it's more cost-effective, but I'm arriving in Edinburgh only in September before classes start so I won't really have the opportunity to look at places. Since it's only a one year program, I'm thinking of just going for the campus residence. Still confused!
Reply 73
Original post by xanzibar1986
Hope this doesn't annoy anyone since I have asked before, but is there anyone on here applying for PhD programmes? I have been seeing that there can be quick turnaround on those MSc applications and I still waiting to hear back. I applied 1 February. However, I know the deadline for applications in my programma is July 15th, so they probably want to get all the applications before they make any decisions. Edinburgh is my top choice!

Congrats to everyone who has received an offer.

Hello!
Did you receive any answer from Edinburgh University?I applied on 22 of February but still got no answer...
Reply 74
Original post by scorpri3
Not quite, but close! I'm joining Edinburgh for MSc Bioinformatics. Anyone else in the same program?

I suspect bioinformatics includes some programming, and you're in very fine hands in that regard. Edinburgh hosts some of the leading experts in programming; people who literally wrote the books on it.

And yeah, I'd prefer staying off-campus because it's more cost-effective, but I'm arriving in Edinburgh only in September before classes start so I won't really have the opportunity to look at places. Since it's only a one year program, I'm thinking of just going for the campus residence. Still confused!

That's funny, I much prefer to be in University accommodation. Getting "off-campus" accom is usually pretty hit-and-miss in my experience from UG, plus it'd be nice to be close to other MSc students.
Reply 75
Hello everyone!!!

Its true tht there are very less PhD applicants on this forum, especially for Edinburgh.. so here I am to join the very few :wink:..

I applied for PhD in Chemistry and various scholarships in the last week of jan. Got my acceptance in the program on 26th march...

Got the final conditional letter on 17th April.. I have been asked to submit the ATAS certificate and a copy of my final degree certificate of my Master's (for which I have asked for extension).. So hoping everything will turn out to be good..

I was nt expecting thm to make the decision so soon.. so I was lil surprised..I have done my Master's from Canada and I am original belong from India..

Hope to see u guys soon...

cheers...
Reply 76
That's funny, I much prefer to be in University accommodation. Getting "off-campus" accom is usually pretty hit-and-miss in my experience from UG, plus it'd be nice to be close to other MSc students.

Yeah I've decided to go the convenient way and apply for university accommodation!

Original post by atomomium
Hello everyone!!!

Its true tht there are very less PhD applicants on this forum, especially for Edinburgh.. so here I am to join the very few :wink:..

I applied for PhD in Chemistry and various scholarships in the last week of jan. Got my acceptance in the program on 26th march...

Got the final conditional letter on 17th April.. I have been asked to submit the ATAS certificate and a copy of my final degree certificate of my Master's (for which I have asked for extension).. So hoping everything will turn out to be good..

I was nt expecting thm to make the decision so soon.. so I was lil surprised..I have done my Master's from Canada and I am original belong from India..

Hope to see u guys soon...

cheers...

Hey! Good to see another applicant from Canada! Where in Canada did you do your Master's? I'm just completing my Biochem undergrad at UofT and will be joining Edinburgh this September!
Reply 77
Yeah I've decided to go the convenient way and apply for university accommodation!

Hey! Good to see another applicant from Canada! Where in Canada did you do your Master's? I'm just completing my Biochem undergrad at UofT and will be joining Edinburgh this September!

Hey!! thts great to know a fellow Canadian!! I did my Master's in Medicinal Chemistry frm UofA.. I saw in ur previous posts tht u were planning a off-campus too.. bt u seemed to change ur mind!!! I want to go for off-campus.. but I heard its nt tht easy to find a good one... Bt we ll see hw things turn out!!!

So u into Bioinfo,thts good stuff :smile:..Hope to be in contact!!!

cheers!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by atomomium
Hey!! thts great to know a fellow Canadian!! I did my Master's in Medicinal Chemistry frm UofA.. I saw in ur previous posts tht u were planning a off-campus too.. bt u seemed to change ur mind!!! I want to go for off-campus.. but I heard its nt tht easy to find a good one... Bt we ll see hw things turn out!!!

So u into Bioinfo,thts good stuff :smile:..Hope to be in contact!!!

cheers!!

I've PM'd you!
Reply 79

Ah that's cool. Where did you apply for? I've just (well, yesterday) sent off an application for Ascham Court, Roxburgh Place and Richmond Place. Really wanting the Ascham Court, it looks fantastic. I'd have preferred catered, but they don't offer catered for 12 months which is what I need. I've also heard some pretty dodgy things about the food in JMMC but I guess we'll have to see.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest