The Student Room Group

Anyone else agree the big bang theory is rubbish?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HighwayUnicorn
I just don't think it's that funny, that clip on the first page didn't even make me smile.

Then again I might just be a miserable bastard.

watch in the context of the episode, and I dare you not to laugh. Admittedly, the clip doesn't make that much sense because it's near the end of the episode and there's so little context at the beginning.
Reply 61
Original post by JDWhite1995
I hate it. Everyone I know likes it. Do you?

omg don't tell me you watch the IT crowd ?
Reply 62
meh, its alright at times, always seems to have more or less the same storyline, same location with the same characters

its ight in small doses :P
For an American sitcom, it's bloody brilliant.
Yes they're stereotypical characters (which most sitcoms have anyway) and the audience laughing at every little thing is annoying, but it's good for a chuckle while waiting for my tea to cook :smile: I agree that there are far funnier shows (The Inbetweeners, IT Crowd!) but it's still a good show. Especially in comparison to a lot of other crap out there. And I love Amy :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by RyanT
Not a fan personally. Plays far too much into "omg im a nerd lol!".

Unsophisticated teevee for hipsters.

A typical BBT fan.

Excellent choice of song I must say :awesome:
Why are people completely making it out as if Americans can't make good comedies? Seriously, has no one here heard of Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia etc.
because most people have a brain the size of a pea and are unable to recognise clever, inventive comedy without science LAUGH NOW jokes
Reply 67
I can't be the only person to watch it purely because of Kaley Cuoco...

Its made the cancelling of 'Friends' so much easier

See ^. It caters for a timeslot in which people probably aren't even paying attention because they're making their dinner. It's the wallpaper of sitcoms, if you wallpapered your house with sh1tty loo paper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JDWhite1995
I hate it. Everyone I know likes it. Do you?

If you are on about the TV show then yes, it is a load of cack :redface:
Reply 70
I used to think this show was a bit stupid with its constant laughter. But once you get pass that and watch it properly, its actually very funny. Probably the best show in amongst all the crap that is out there.
Agree with the OP. American Comedy in general is not funny. It is a fail. I don't get Big Bang Theory- how is it even in the remotest way funny?
Reply 72
Original post by Mister Dead
Yes, it's rotten. Science in jokes and a riotous laughter track AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA at the end of each sentence AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH instructing you when to laugh LAUGH AT JOKE NOW AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA do not a comedy make. At last some of the other comedies that have employed such an invasive laughter track remembered to write a comedy to go with it.

not sure if this has been mentioned before, but are you aware that its recorded to a live audience? the laughter is the live audience. some jokes dont get as much laughter.
I think it's one of the worst sitcoms I've ever seen. Granted I've only seen a couple of episodes but it was painfully unfunny to me in places.

Here is a clip without the laugh track

[video="youtube;zS5a7RBB4vk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS5a7RBB4vk[/video]

Without the laugh track it's like a drama showing the daily struggles of a severly autistic man trying to cope in society
Reply 74
no offence but...

i don't have the time to write an essay but to emphasise my point, i requested a new password from TSR just so i could tell you how wrong you are. YOU ARE WRONG and like many people you just aren't smart enough to understand the jokes and so act "cool" by claiming that it's rubbish, well then you clearly have no life as you were willing to watch it once, but not enough to understand its beauty. yeah, i'm right, you're wrong, thank you :biggrin:
Reply 75
Its a funny show, dont hate :wink:
Original post by J1mjam
not sure if this has been mentioned before, but are you aware that its recorded to a live audience? the laughter is the live audience. some jokes dont get as much laughter.

Jeeeeeeees.

Original post by TKB
no offence but...

i don't have the time to write an essay but to emphasise my point, i requested a new password from TSR just so i could tell you how wrong you are. YOU ARE WRONG and like many people you just aren't smart enough to understand the jokes and so act "cool" by claiming that it's rubbish, well then you clearly have no life as you were willing to watch it once, but not enough to understand its beauty. yeah, i'm right, you're wrong, thank you :biggrin:

That's completely unfounded. Apart from the fact that nothing in it is that complex, the audiences failure to understand the jokes does not mean that the jokes are funny in the first place. Half of the 'humour' itself comes from the very fact that the audience isn't supposed to understand everything they're talking about.

You should write that essay.
tumblr_m2c0cxYoTW1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
Used to love it, now I just think its alright, dunno maybe I've grown a bit tired of the jokes and how 'forced' they can sometimes come across, espicially with the laughing track.
Original post by lukas1051
I completely agree. It brands itself as geek humour, but in reality it's humour designed for idiots. The script usually goes something like this:

"I just bought Mario for my computer got a boyfriend"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH1!!!!!!1!!!111

"It's a PC boy."

HHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOMFGHAHAHAHLOLOLOLOLSHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Oh blast, it crashed dumped me."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOMFGTHISISSOFUNNYHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHLFOKEOFJWEIJFWQf"!!F"F!F"!F"!!"F!"F!!"F"!F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a geek myself it is just insulting, it is the most poorly, lazily written piece of crap on television. I could eat alphabet spaghetti and curl out a better joke in my toilet bowl.

I think you're accidentally tuning into 'Friends'...

edit: To clarify, I hate 'Friends' but love the big bang theory, so I don't think the humour/laughter is as bad as you make it out to be
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply