The Student Room Group

Intermediate 2 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

The question about magnesium/zinc powder/ribbon threw me back a bit. I think I put magnesium powder, pretty sure it was wrong though...
Reply 21
Original post by TheTeaTheory
For the biology questions I put that the chlorophyll stores light energy and oxygen is converted into glucose. It makes it easy since I do biology I guess.

Do you think I'll get something for saying that it's for converting oxygen into glucose?

What did people say for why is respiration essential for living things? I said we would die without it :s-smilie:
Reply 22
it breacksdown glucoe with oygen to water
Reply 23
yeh i put magnesium powder. did any know what they put for the airbag question where is said why does it convert it to pttasoium oxide or was it sodium oxide. i said it was too reactive if it was in contact with air .
Reply 24
Original post by bob35
yeh i put magnesium powder. did any know what they put for the airbag question where is said why does it convert it to pttasoium oxide or was it sodium oxide. i said it was too reactive if it was in contact with air .

I didn't put that for the airbag question and I know i was wrong but i know loads of people who put what you did :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by FH1996
Do you think I'll get something for saying that it's for converting oxygen into glucose?

What did people say for why is respiration essential for living things? I said we would die without it :s-smilie:

I put "Converts oxygen to food" for the respiration being essential question. I think that one's wrong for you unfortunately.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
unlukcy mate. supoos it was just nerves. i was to nervous a forgot how to do the 1st quston, a didny know if the mass or atmoic number was at the top or botton of boron
Reply 27
sorry mate but i do biology and oxygen doesny convert oxygen to glucoe
Reply 28
I'm afraid to say it wasn't nerves - I just didn't know :tongue: aw but I'm sure you made up for it in other questions :smile: Overall, how were people finding the paper? I'm really hoping that the thresholds are lowered
Reply 29
Int 2 2012.png Anyone get anything similar to this? Probably not the exact thing since it is from my memory.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by TheTeaTheory
Int 2 2012.png Anyone get anything similar to this? Probably not the exact thing since it is from my memory.

Yeah i got pretty similar :smile:
Reply 31
i thought HCL would have been realesed and then just have

H H O O
l l ll ll
-N-Ø-N-C-Ø-C-
Reply 32
H..... H.O.....O
l .......l.ll..... ll
-N-Ø-N-C-Ø-C-
Reply 33
Did anyone say that it was an amide link?
Reply 34
yeh a said peptide link should be the same thing
I put polyamide...
Reply 36
I thought it asked about the link present? :s-smilie: I could be wrong
It asked what type of link was present, yeah. I changed my answer from polypeptide to polyamide, I'm really not sure about that one. What did you put?
Reply 38
I put that it was a protease link.
Reply 39
bob 35, i think u got tht question wrong about the air bag! i wrote because you woudnt a solid metal in an air bag because its going to cause even more injury when a person get in contact with it. it was soo easy

Quick Reply

Latest