The Student Room Group

Does Geography count as a "science" A-Level?

I was looking at entry requirements for Psychology at Aberdeen University and it states a minimum of 120 UCAS points from 2 science subjects. I do Geography, Psychology and Economics. Would my subjects be acceptable? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by NedSchneably
I was looking at entry requirements for Psychology at Aberdeen University and it states a minimum of 120 UCAS points from 2 science subjects. I do Geography, Psychology and Economics. Would my subjects be acceptable? Thanks.

Some universities/courses accept geography as a science, but others don't. Best thing to do would be to email the admission tutor and ask them!
Reply 2
I think it counts as a Humanities subject rather than a science :s-smilie: But it does depend on the University!
humanities/arts generally.
Reply 4
It depends on the uni. But very competitive uni's tend not to.

<3 x
I thought it would be humanities?
Reply 6
It can be either, actually. Does it not have a list of acceptable Science subjects nearby, as usually there's a list around.
Reply 7
Original post by Felineyx
It can be either, actually. Does it not have a list of acceptable Science subjects nearby, as usually there's a list around.

That's what I'm trying to find :frown:
I would email them just to be safe. It probably will be classed as a science though by them...
Reply 9
Aberdeen Do count geography as a science sometimes - normally referred to as a social science though :smile:
Reply 10
Hi
I was also trying to find the answer and I called the uni of LSBU the tutor said in a very diplomatic way "Loosely we count the Geography as a science subject" so there is still doubt.
est bet call the concerning uni and let us know
Best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending