The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Hi guys, I'm doing depression, media and (obviously) research methods.

Does anyone have any predictions for depression? They are always 24 mark essays right? So I can at least limit my revision to a few topics? Or is it best to revise everything? :colondollar:
I feel physically sick thinking about sitting this exam!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Reason

Does anyone have any predictions for depression? They are always 24 mark essays right? So I can at least limit my revision to a few topics? Or is it best to revise everything? :colondollar:

I would revise everything. If you get a bad paper, you'll have lost 24 marks otherwise...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mephestic

Think about the 19th of June! It'll all be over :biggrin: no more learning essays!
Original post by RachelM94
Think about the 19th of June! It'll all be over :biggrin: no more learning essays!

ha! yeah! Its the one thing keeping me going! I have a goal of going through all my Schizo essays today and then my media ones and then back on RM and then back onto schizo and Media before the exam :smile:

Hows revision going for yourself :s-smilie:?
Reply 1245
Original post by Reason

I think Diagnosis and Classification of depression with issues of reliability and validity, will come up.
Reply 1246

Stop worrying Saj! You only have this one exam are you're going to ace it. :biggrin: Most people on here have 3 or more exams. :frown:
Sorry if it's been asked before but does anyone have the schizophrenia and media questions from the June 2011 paper? It's not coming up on the website

Left this revision way too late!!!
This is my first TSR post so be gentle :redface:

Does anyone know how specific the questions on the three models of addiction can be? Can they ask you specifically about biological explanations of relapse for smoking, or do they have to be more generic and ask about a whole model? i.e initiation, maintenance and relapse?
Original post by CityOfDelusion
Sorry if it's been asked before but does anyone have the schizophrenia and media questions from the June 2011 paper? It's not coming up on the website

Left this revision way too late!!!

Schizophrenia
'There is considerable evidence that schizophrenia is caused by biological factors. These can be genetic, neuroanatomical, biochemical, viral or a combination of such factors'

Discuss biology explanations of schizophrenia.

Media

05. A local school head teacher wants to produce a leaflet for parents about the possible effects of video games and computers on young people. Suggest what information should be included in your leaflet. Use your knowledge of psychological research in this area to justify your advice. (10 marks)

06. Outline the Hovland-Yale model of persuasian (5 marks)

07. Outline and evaluate findings of research into intense fandom. (4 + 6 marks)
Original post by SLlewellyn
Schizophrenia
'There is considerable evidence that schizophrenia is caused by biological factors. These can be genetic, neuroanatomical, biochemical, viral or a combination of such factors'

Discuss biology explanations of schizophrenia.

Media

05. A local school head teacher wants to produce a leaflet for parents about the possible effects of video games and computers on young people. Suggest what information should be included in your leaflet. Use your knowledge of psychological research in this area to justify your advice. (10 marks)

06. Outline the Hovland-Yale model of persuasian (5 marks)

07. Outline and evaluate findings of research into intense fandom. (4 + 6 marks)

Thank you!
ha! yeah! Its the one thing keeping me going! I have a goal of going through all my Schizo essays today and then my media ones and then back on RM and then back onto schizo and Media before the exam :smile:

Hows revision going for yourself :s-smilie:?

That sounds like a serious plan! Mines not going too badly thanks, just plodding through it and trying to make sense of it all :smile: I'm just praying RM isn't too tricky cause I haven't looked over that much :/
Hey does anyone know what came up in January for schizophrenia, addiction and research methods?
Original post by robert_page
This is my first TSR post so be gentle :redface:

Does anyone know how specific the questions on the three models of addiction can be? Can they ask you specifically about biological explanations of relapse for smoking, or do they have to be more generic and ask about a whole model? i.e initiation, maintenance and relapse?

No they can be specific and ask about explanations for initiation/maintenance/relapse and ask for specific addiction types like smoking and gambling . I've seen it on a few past papers; have a look through AQA's website.
Is anyone just not revising classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia? I know I should look at it a little bit but I'm really tempted to just ignore it :/ But then knowing my luck it'll come up!
When writing the investigation for RSM, does it need to be in essay format?
Is anyone using the dog book and studying depression? I don't understand "reasons for low reliability" on page 177

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
I'm joining you all as PSYA3 is finally out of my life. I'm feeling much better about this one even though I've left revision horrendously late.
Original post by Amandeep Khatkar
Is anyone using the dog book and studying depression? I don't understand "reasons for low reliability" on page 177

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

Hey yeah I have it too. What don't you get exactly?
Reply 1259
Original post by RachelM94
Is anyone just not revising classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia? I know I should look at it a little bit but I'm really tempted to just ignore it :/ But then knowing my luck it'll come up!

Im not revising it, might just read over it briefly but i really doubt it will come up so should be safe to leave it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending