The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8400
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
:drool: I've missed the sana so much.

My mum's kisuuri is munch. However kisuuri made by anyone else is pure blegh :lolwut:

Nah most people's keesuri is alright. It's sana I think that tastes crap at some peoples homes. Like one of aunts who we are close to uses mainly the darker coloured chickpeas and it just tastes hard and bland.

I love sana with salad oh and dali-borah with salad as well nomonomnom
Reply 8401
Original post by Politricks
Ah, sana! I haven't had that for at least 7 or 8 years, I totally forgot about that; should tell my mother to make that this Ramadan :coma:

Thanks for reminding me about sana guys :five:

WTH really?! I always thought sana and kisurri were staple items during iftar.
I really enjoy minced meat pastries as well. And chicken pakoras which every ramadhan I help her make. It takes so long trying to make them into heart shapes -.-
Reply 8402
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
My mum makes a killer onion bhajee with it too. Looking forward to the first Iftar. Always the best one :ahee:

Lool all bengali mums go crazy on the first one, only time that we might have more food is when some guests come over.
I'm not a fan of onion bhajees, I think its cos I find them too onion-y.
What do you guys eat at sehri (fotar-bala)?
Original post by Jiraya Sama
I am assuming this Bhai is Bengali. Edit: YEah he is Bengali, played his Chune at the Boyshaki Melah.

He's from Punjab, Pakistan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18075428
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8404
How powerful are your fairies now?

Spoiler

The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".

The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.

Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question? " "Of course" answered the professor.

The young student stood up and asked : "Professor does Cold exists?"

The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"

The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."

"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness can not. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."

Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."

, To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN.
(edited 11 years ago)
Basically I've been looking at the debate here for a while.
It isn't right, that one is criticising another for their beliefs.
You can portray your argument, but you shouldn't portray an opinion.
We should respect each other's beliefs, and stay harmonious. :smile:

Even though my input in this argument is that, If you're a true bengali, you'd defo open fast with Sana and Kesuri. :teehee:
How can you resist this? :zomg: I DO NOT KNOW!

Spoiler

Omg someone find a picture of Kesuri, I can't find one :frown:

Original post by Lil08
Dee Jaay, Dee Jaay, Dee Jaay
You make me wanna Jiz in my PJs
This might sound cliché but;
you’re radioactive gama rays
So whatcha say?
Wanna skip the foreplay?

I can't take myself seriously. lol :tongue:

OMG LOL, I've finally unleashed the beast! :colone:

Man iz so sick, I wanna make you throw up.
When I get angry, athiest's think, I'm about to blow up.
All muslims are terrorists? I think you need to grow up.
Invite me to your house party. I ain't gonna show up.
:gangster:

15seconds, still. :cool:

I'm not fasting.

And I haven't prayed for a very long time; I'm an Atheist :wink:

You're athiest? :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

I don't know why, but I thought you were muslims all this time... :s-smilie:
Guess I should do what my username says. :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8406
Actually Einstein never said that, that's just another popular urban myth spread around the internet. Einstein was actually an Agnostic, he never believed in a personal god.

Ok yeah i just researched that lol, alot of debates going on, it is again the way we analysed the whole conversation between him and his professor.
So how do you think the universe was created?.. what about the Quran's predictions for the future which are also all coming true? :smile:.
Original post by Z-Ninja
Ok yeah i just researched that lol, alot of debates going on, it is again the way we analysed the whole conversation between him and his professor.
So how do you think the universe was created?.. what about the Quran's predictions for the future which are also all coming true? :smile:.

Lmfaoo. On it bro xD

These mans are gassed though.
Have fun :tongue:
Original post by DontJudge

I don't know why, but I thought you were muslims all this time... :s-smilie:
Guess I should do what my username says. :redface:

Haven't you read any of his posts on this site? :tongue:
Mmmmm

Best one I could find :smile:

I've been an Atheist throughout all the time I've been on TSR :yep:

That's not kesuriiiiii :zomg:

You've been athiest all this time...:cry2:
Whyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
The heavans and the earth preach thou, to caste thee in zee slumbersssss. :bawling:
Toooo muccccch shoooccckkk...in succchhhh... lessss timeeeeee ...*breatthe*

But are you jowkin doe? :eyeball:

Original post by Dhaal_Chawal
Haven't you read any of his posts on this site? :tongue:

Famalam, basically I knew this guy from before innit, safe lad nam sayin?
I'm sureeee he told me he was muslim, and he finds hijabi girls sexi or suttin.
Or maybe i'm just going bonkers ya zimme?

But yeah as long as he doesn't criticise other peoples beliefs, I respect his decision :smile:
And yes I haven’t had time to stalk, but I shall be on it right now! :creep:

So wagwarn bro, I like your new account very very nice. :borat:
Reply 8411
A 'wise' man once said:

Can we take the religious debate to PM or some where else?!
That's not kesuriiiiii :zomg:

You've been athiest all this time...:cry2:
Whyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
The heavans and the earth preach thou, to caste thee in zee slumbersssss. :bawling:
Toooo muccccch shoooccckkk...in succchhhh... lessss timeeeeee ...*breatthe*

But are you jowkin doe? :eyeball:

Famalam, basically I knew this guy from before innit, safe lad nam sayin?
I'm sureeee he told me he was muslim, and he finds hijabi girls sexi or suttin.
Or maybe i'm just going bonkers ya zimme?

But yeah as long as he doesn't criticise other peoples beliefs, I respect his decision :smile:
And yes I haven’t had time to stalk, but I shall be on it right now! :creep:

So wagwarn bro, I like your new account very very nice. :borat:

Why did the lobster blush?

Because the sea weed!

lmao
Original post by zxh800
A 'wise' man once said:

Can we take the religious debate to PM or some where else?!

Listen bro, we don't need you to act like a mod init. I hate them people :angry:

I'll sort this out.

Basically guys, you can debate, but not argue.
If you argue, I will report you :smile:
The only person who can argue on this society iss...... ME :biggrin:

There are many variants of kesuri, not all kesuri look the same :no:

Nope, I'm not joking

My mum makes the white one init.

Really....so even from the right right right beginning, the first time I met you..you were athiest? :K:

I seeeeee.........i dunno wot to say :redface:

Original post by killa78
Why did the lobster blush?

Because the sea weed!

lmao

LOOOOL :rofl: You make me lafff

Why so random? :nothing:

Spoiler

And why you dissing people on my thread for.
Politricks my homie init.
(edited 11 years ago)
I got an interview at Waitrose guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy :smile:
Reply 8415
Listen bro, we don't need you to act like a mod init. I hate them people :angry:

I'll sort this out.

Basically guys, you can debate, but not argue.
If you argue, I will report you :smile:
The only person who can argue on this society iss...... ME :biggrin:

ALLOW IT FAM. I come to the B-Soc to get AWAY from all those religious debates. WHY MUST YOU PROMOTE THE DEFILING OF MY SANCTUARY.
Congratulations :smile:

I might try and get a summer job myself

Lol- the thing is, it's in ramadan, and If I even get the job, which I wont, it includes working with and tasting food. :s-smilie:
Yep, from when you first met me.

I didn't choose to become an Atheist, I never intended to become an Atheist, it was a gradual subconscious process; nobody chooses what they believe in, I became an Atheist without realising it at first.

I'm now going to ask you to attempt to believe in tooth fairies, just try as hard as you can. What's that? You can't believe in fairies, even if you tried to? There you go, I've just demonstrated belief is not a choice :smile:

But i'm sure you used to back up muslims :s-smilie: ....
Well there was a time where u just totally changed as a person...i was thinking maybe it was then, wen it were fully established?

Yes mate, I understand! Many people have this 'phase', even i've been through it. But I think you just chose to listen to the Athiest side more than trying to understand Islam more.

Eh.....:s-smilie:
Nuffin rong wit u being athiest bro, but u dont need to take piss out of people that do follow the religion, cos that makes u as bad as them init?

Original post by zxh800
ALLOW IT FAM. I come to the B-Soc to get AWAY from all those religious debates. WHY MUST YOU PROMOTE THE DEFILING OF MY SANCTUARY.

Famalam, it's just a little drama which will die down soon, don't worry.
Why you getting soo angry, can’t you handle debates?

Stop using hard words. :angry:
Reply 8418

Famalam, it's just a little drama which will die down soon, don't worry.
Why you getting soo angry, can’t you handle debates?

Stop using hard words. :angry:

I don't need no drama, u get me? N, angry hus angry, i'm chillin, maxin, relaxin N playin B'ball up in my hood.

j/k b'ball is for lampa khala manush
Original post by zxh800
I don't need no drama, u get me? N, angry hus angry, i'm chillin, maxin, relaxin N playin B'ball up in my hood.

j/k b'ball is for lampa khala manush

LOL dudeeee :lol:

Iqbaal plays Basketball :love:

You seem a bit hyper man, it's scaring me a little :afraid:

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending